: I see two possible scenarios for the upcoming tank item/base stat changes
What if new items give defensive stats based on the base stats, like Streak's?
: I can respect that tbh. Lord knows I have abused such things for free upvotes before.
: Ryze's next rework
So he's now a plant themed hypercarry machine gun mage with instant snare?
: there are no specific champions called tank killer velkoz is not called a tank killer velkoz can kill tanks but I've not seen anyone since his release refer to him as "tank killer" that I can recall If velkoz was buffed for tank killing ad lcs he'd need nerfs to compensate and you probably wouldn't enjoy them.
Vel'Koz was specifically changed to do more true damage. He is a tank buster mage.
MaeDoSan (NA)
: He might stub his toe !!!!!!!!!!!
What if he walked on his arms though Inverted Lee Sin skin when?
: Is this the new Malicious Metal?
No, all Mordekaiser mains are just Malicious Metal and his alts. Nobody plays Mordekaiser, except the one and only MM. ######(Maybe it's because Morde is the worse Vladimir)
worldHD12 (EUNE)
: Without wardhop the insec move will not exist anymore so lee will be totally trash and useless in competitive play and ofc no ones will play him in solo q. A good nerf would be lower the E damage and make a higher cooldown and return to reveal invisible targets. His W cooldown in early is rlly high and in late vs stupid broken lethality champions will be USELESS. QQ About {{champion:64}} but why u dont cry about stupid {{item:3814}} {{item:3142}} {{item:3147}} meta ? {{champion:133}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:254}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:107}} These champions are totally BROKEN and 0 skill needed to play . Insane damage / mobility out of combat and {{item:3814}} is stupidly trash item. **_Go away metaslaves and QQ about lethality. I dont even care cause i know i will get a lot of downvotes._**
Half the board post right now is about lethality. I think that's enough QQ about lethality tbh
: You can still insec kick people without a ward, you just need Flash.
Avios1 (NA)
: Take a guess. Then know that that guess is wrong, because it is actually higher.
It's like his passive. For each QQ post Yasuo causes, he gets double the QQ.
MARSILKS (EUW)
: Thats why you take it on tanks without much cc, Singed, Nasus, Olaf, Hecarim (Tryndamere isnt a tank but his long survivability with ult makes it good on him)
All of those are fighters, with the exception of Singed (who is classified as unique playstyle). Fighters take ghost for better sticking potential, tanks take flash to CC more reliably. Very few actual tanks take ghost.
: Of course it would matter. If ignite did 500 damage at level one, it would be mandatory on every character. That's what the thread is about: How strong would it need to be to pick over Flash? Are you telling me that no amount of strongness would ever make it worth taking any other spell over Flash?
Ignite doing %max HP true damage would make it very strong on top lane fighters, but even then I don't see them forgoing flash. Unless, of course, it can literally one shot people.
MaeDoSan (NA)
: Who said that ?
I agree with the post (I mean, who wouldn't), but I also find it difficult to believe that some people argue lethality should outscale tanks
Akenero (NA)
: It's also "***Rise*** my darlings." She's the only one who has anything that rises, her subtitle is rise of the thorns, and is the only silhouette that fits this theme.
Maybe Riot is trolling us and it's actually a set of plant themed skins that are related to Zyra in AU lore
: > [{quoted}](name=Sharjo,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=f6wt73lT,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-02-21T18:07:04.979+0000) > > Dragon? I assumed Void from the colour scheme. Void Dragon maybe?
That sounds like the exact antithesis of Aurelion.
: {{summoner:14}} is now an aoe spell 700 radius (abyssal size) and it's cooldown is halved, now also works on minions, monsters and structures
: having 8% better HP regen and healing from potions while also giving 8% stronger shield is pretty good for sustaining in lane...
If you're not taking and recovering 600 or so raw HP for each back, 50HP is actually better.
: Lately I've mostly been building this on {{champion:4}} : {{item:3030}} {{item:3158}} {{item:3100}} {{item:3285}} {{item:3094}} {{item:3135}} Not as much AP as yours because {{item:3285}} isn't {{item:3089}} , but 4 of these items are burst-oriented with actives or passives that increase my burst (and 3 of those have AP ratios). Boots + 3 movement speed items makes me pretty fast, and extra attack range lets me gold card people from farther away. I'm not saying it's great, but it's fun and it works in low-elo norms. =)
Rapid firecannon on TF saw some pro plays, so it's definitely not just a low elo thing.
: Why do you play your primary role, and would you ever consider changing it?
I fill because I really don't care which role I get. That automatically means that I become a support main, though. I like support because I don't like being the primary damage dealer in a team. I like bringing CC so that my teammates can kill people. When I get bot/ADC, I usually pick Ashe or Caitlyn for their utility and range, so I can stay mostly away from the fight. When I get mid, I usually pick a tanky DPS mage like Swain, or sometimes a tank if our top laner and jungler are both carries.
: To those who say Shen doesn't "act like a ninja."
Question: does anyone else other than you call you Mell-san, Melle-san, or Mell-sama? Also, will you teach us more about the ways of Shenpai?
: That's how it started. Then anime became a thing.
How do you know if anime isn't just farmers writing stories to make ninjas seems so much more powerful than they really are?
: Shen can cleave the christmas spirit out of the cake, so it's a close battle.
: We need more items with the word, "Edge" in it to make the game more dynamic.
"Infinity Edge" "Edge of Night" "Streak's Edge" "Zeke's Edge" "Edge of the Iron Solari" "Hextech Gunedge" "Zhonya's Edgeglass" "Health Edge" "Edge's Death Edge"
: can we just nerf damage? omg damage is stupidly overpowerful like the fact that damage can kill me is ridiculous https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtoUy_2UkAE0fmY.png:large
: >Right now high attack speed or autoattack resets are optimal for killing wards, but few supports have AS steroids or AA resets at low cost. {{champion:89}} Ooh, that's a fancy ward you just placed. Be a shame if I had 2 AA resets on Q.
: > [{quoted}](name=5000000000000000,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kB80Xflm,comment-id=0000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-02-20T20:33:49.447+0000) > > It's not for AD champs, it's for AS champs Is Yi a AS champion? Yi who stacks crit and AD? He can use it just fine as can shyv. And thinking about it Xin zhao should be able to use Wits end as well. Kog is more of a AS champ like kayle but that's them.
If Yi is going crit build, he's not gonna build Wit's End. He's gonna focus on AD and crit chance. Attack speed just comes with crit chance, as well as his ultimate. If Yi is going attack speed (on-hit) build, then he may go for a Wit's End. Same with Xin Zhao. Shyvanna builds one or two damage items and goes tanky, and rarely builds (or can afford to build) Wit's End.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kB80Xflm,comment-id=00000000000100000000,timestamp=2017-02-20T15:53:52.868+0000) > > But it's not. It's an Attack Speed MR Item. No where does that say AD. Alright,alright its not AD altho it's used by a handful of AD champions and it's viable ,it's an existing option. Having options is the difference between being able to fight and being a sitting duck.
It's not for AD champs, it's for AS champs
: Can we get a utility meta I would gladly take {{champion:40}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:37}} VS {{champion:432}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:143}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:43}} over {{champion:33}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:3}} VS {{champion:54}} {{champion:32}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:412}} {{champion:12}} any day of the week At least with one the teamfights would be unpredictable because they're squishy, but have shields at the same time. It would be a matter of predicting who gets hit rather than taking a million hits and not dying. And using game changing but decently long cooldown CC rather than spamming melee CC on other melee champs
That's actually what tank metas end up becoming, because tank buster ADCs need peeling.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mig89,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=n1LIohAn,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2017-02-20T15:00:28.538+0000) > > Its all because they purposely do not balance it for High ELO. Some champions would be busted in the lower divisions if it were balanced for high tier play and they avoid it so low elo people can have fun games too. Yeah.. Thing is that it doesn't end up fun at all. And if you don't take those OP champs, you get called a troll. Even in low ELO. So I don't think that is working.... Or they just need to balance better.
Meta actually doesn't matter in low elo. People calling others trolls is just a bunch of meta slaves.
: When you are Jhin and you are at 4 kills 4 deaths 4 assists and 4 cs
: > [{quoted}](name=Dr Sona x Rubick,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8TQ0BKQE,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-02-20T17:53:32.378+0000) > > powercreep > > powercreep everywhere > > where are you morello to stop that morello is silver. He knows less about the game than 90% of the players
1. Silver is average of player base 2. You can suck at your own game but still know a lot about it
: Grasp should be reworked
Ramp up mechanic seems ideal for a sustain mastery. Maybe the cooldown gets reduced, or the heal is increased over time. Either way, the heal should become stronger over time.
: Veteran's Scars needs a buff.
A lot of shields for tanks scale with HP, so sometimes it's better to have 50 more HP for scaling that shield than having 8% stronger shield.
: Nobody builds full ap, it's a hybrid build most of the time. Something retarded like Ardent Censer and Frost Queen's which are both inferior to Talisman and Mikael's.
lol who builds Frost Queen's on Janna Ardent Censer can be situationally useful, but it's true that %heal/shield amplification is better than AP for Janna.
: I hope it puts your mind at ease to know that one of their priorities this year for the Support update is little changes like rewarding the sweeper for this.
I kinda hope they change how killing wards work. Right now high attack speed or autoattack resets are optimal for killing wards, but few supports have AS steroids or AA resets at low cost. It's definitely better than giving wards a flat amount of HP, but it doesn't make supports better at killing wards. A quick fix could be Sightstone providing extra attack speed when attacking wards, but personally I'd like to see channeling for a short moment to kill wards.
: if it can't kill an adc it probably needs buffs
So long as it's not "if it can't oneshot an adc..." I think this is pretty fair for all damage dealers. Tanks shouldn't be able to kill an ADC in one rotation, and divers shouldn't be able to kill ADCs in fraction of a second. But they should be able to kill an ADC if they're poorly positioned.
: I can see tank supports stacking boots and eye of the watchers and 4 of these items. For less than 5k gold he would take 24% reduced auto and ability damage while having something like Braum E, Alistar ult, Leona W giving extra defenses making it really hard for ranged attackers and even melees to damage them until 30 minutes later.
You could just make it a unique passive if it's too strong when stacked.
: That build sacrifices only health, still deals a ton of magic damage, a ton of physical damage, has a ton of armor and mr when ulting, has a ton of attack speed, has 40% cdr, gets the tabi basic reduction, gets omnivamp, and gets tenacity, mind saying that again?
That build is too squishy. You definitely don't need all of those damage items to be effective.
Rioter Comments
esmelar (NA)
: {{champion:75}} Hey look a minion, sweet! {{champion:45}} Hey Wait NAsus, No! AHHH!
{{champion:75}} Interesting, I got 6 stacks from that caster minion.
: REVERSE KLED
Reverse Quinn when?
: You know the funny part? According to Riot, most players didn't even use the active.
And the win rate of common DFG users went up after removing DFG lol
: Season 7 vs Season 2
Did you intentionally turn down the sound effects and turn up the VO to emphasize the death sounds? It just seems so strange to hear a teamfight like that.
: TK lost major amounts of playrate (and winrate, for that matter) both top and support after his nerfs in 6.13 and his jungle is no longer doable it's the cycle of life and death - Jhin is allowed to have 55% playrate / 52% winrate and be called balanced, or Janna/Ahri/Vi/etc. can have extremely bloated winrate and playrates as well, but the moment a niche champion becomes strong they get blasted out of orbit fuck generalists and fuck this game's balance team
Janna is definitely strong (only in solo queue, but we're not in LCS and flex queue is a joke), but she's not a generalist. She specializes in peeling and sucks at everything else.
: same with champs who do damage with their dashes :D
RIP All Ezreals/Kassadins who blinked onto Raptor camps
Roald91 (EUW)
: As far as I know SC (no, not Starcraft) will get big tweaks in near future or will be removed ( hi, Atma's Impaler!)
tfw writing out Sunfire Cape is actually less effort than specifying that you're not talking about Starcraft
: renekton doesn't bully anymore though?
: Not even close dude. First off, its flat armor pen, *NOT* lethality. Second, it also gave 10% cdr {{item:3134}} is shit compared to Brutalizer
Just before anyone comes and says {{item:3134}} is a strong item, this guy knows that. Brutalizer was simply even stronger than Serrated Dirk.
: We should introduce transforming support items
Stacking from amount of XP gained by nearby allies (so it only works near allies) could be one way to deter midlaners from buying the item.
: > [{quoted}](name=V00,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ygXh64bU,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-02-18T20:01:59.581+0000) > > Stormtrooper Graves. Do it. A skin that results in all your AA missing? No thanks :P ######I do realize Stormtrooper can be quite competent if necessary
When Graves is blinded by Teemo, he shoots in a random direction.
Show more

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion