: lack of message notifications
Hey! This isn't a bug, it will be coming in a future release of the client as we get further along.
Deelinsho (EUW)
: will there be a ablility to better find friends like maybe a people you may now by checking your'e friends to lists of friends (yes that sounds stupid im Danish) or maybe a cleaner look over news because i find it frustrating to go the na page because the news differ beetween them so maybe a link or just give all nations the new why make it exclusive to na?
> [{quoted}](name=Deelinsho,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=k6KVKAG3,comment-id=0029,timestamp=2016-05-20T21:01:29.511+0000) > > will there be a ablility to better find friends like maybe a people you may now by checking your'e friends to lists of friends (yes that sounds stupid im Danish) or maybe a cleaner look over news because i find it frustrating to go the na page because the news differ beetween them so maybe a link or just give all nations the new why make it exclusive to na? Yup! Improvements to finding friends is on our list and we're looking at a couple of ways of accomplishing it. Not a ton of details to share just yet though. More to come on the news page of the client update later as it's still in the works.
Adelrift (OCE)
: Hey guys. I'm wondering if chat will be a part of this update. It hurts when in blind pick, you call out a lane but you don't get it because you were the last to "join the room". Will this be changed at all?
> [{quoted}](name=Adelrift,realm=OCE,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=k6KVKAG3,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2016-05-20T20:13:59.404+0000) > > Hey guys. > > I'm wondering if chat will be a part of this update. It hurts when in blind pick, you call out a lane but you don't get it because you were the last to "join the room". Will this be changed at all? Chat optimizations are a part of the package, however this may not be a reliable way to gauge lane choice as each person in champion select is seeing a different chat based on when they load in. Improvements around lane intent for blind pick would need to be explored separately from chat.
: im bored{{champion:161}}
> [{quoted}](name=KITTYgoROAR77,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=k6KVKAG3,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2016-05-20T20:16:44.427+0000) > > im bored{{champion:161}} {{champion:33}}
: Is anything on the champ select page left open to change? I'm not a fan of the smaller chat size or the font size. Makes it a lot harder to read for some reason, maybe because I feel that it's too small. Any thoughts on if minor details like this will be changing or are open to change?
> [{quoted}](name=mithArrows,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=k6KVKAG3,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2016-05-20T20:10:29.478+0000) > > Is anything on the champ select page left open to change? I'm not a fan of the smaller chat size or the font size. Makes it a lot harder to read for some reason, maybe because I feel that it's too small. Any thoughts on if minor details like this will be changing or are open to change? Overall I believe we're always open to feedback and iterating on it based on your needs as players. In this case specifically, we have been exploring different options for chat in champion select and in the end of game screen to make it feel more impactful and bring back some space. Nothing definitive yet on the direction but know it's an area we are actively exploring.
: Dragable mastery page hype! Edit: Tfw you see you have 2 comment notifications and they are both rioter comments on the same comment. _fangirl faints_
> [{quoted}](name=RangerofShadows,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=k6KVKAG3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-05-19T18:10:08.826+0000) > > Dragable mastery page hype! Other places to use drag and drop: to invite people from your friend's list to the lobby and to move people from one folder to another more easily. Try it out and tell us what you think.
Qao (NA)
: Chat Bug
Thanks Qao, this is helpful. If you find more bugs or feedback, there is a tool in the client you can use to get it to us directly. Look for the bug icon in the bottom right corner of the friends list. Keep it coming!
: Chat is Buggy
Hey, thanks for the info. I've noted down the issue you're experiencing for the devs, as for time stamps — do they show up on hover of the individual message?
: Sweets, update?
> [{quoted}](name=Valkyrie Witch,realm=NA,application-id=bzRrPGQO,discussion-id=Gfbqb2v4,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2015-05-19T14:24:13.132+0000) > > Sweets, update? Hey Valk, as far as I know the Boards team is still working towards this!
Norscout (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Sweet,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=drPmEFoA,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2015-02-26T21:54:43.355+0000) > > Hey all, > > Saw this on Boards feedback but wanted to come respond at the source. Going to answer in-line for ease of reading. > > > * Traditional Forum layout(Like big avatar image and sigs and OP only being on the first page) > > Big Avatars, Custom Avatars, and Signatures won't be something we're supporting anytime in the near future — if ever. Pen and Tamat have both expanded upon this and it's a pretty hard line we're drawing. Happy to revise if later on down the line it becomes the right decision. > > * More Official Color Schemes > > Like the latter but we're always keeping an eye on tweaks that can be made. > > * Personal Avatars > > See bullet #1 > > * Signatures > > See bullet #1 > > * Relaxed rules(Especially on the "Don't be a jerk" one) > > We opened the floor to GD specifically to decide what the community wanted for itself then worked to enact that desire. If desires change we're happy to have the conversation. > > * Better load times > > The devs are working through optimization of a lot of the systems now. Load times have improved across the board but there is always more we can do and will continue to do. > > * Ease when browsing mobile > > I am personally working on this. I want mobile support as badly as everyone else. > > * Attachments to be how they use to be > > Embedded images are where we are now and are likely going to continue to head towards into the future. The Forum style attachments we had on the old GD and even the ones we have now are under review. > > * A profile section on the posts(Avatar, Badges, Title, etc.) > > This somewhat speaks to bullet #1 but I will say we want to flesh out more of a profile. When we do it won't be on individual comments/posts though, it'll be in the context of a place it belongs such as an online profile. > > * Option to hide the sidebar > > With regards to mobile there will likely be screen sizes where we drop the sidebar for another nav structure but it will remain for larger screen resolutions. > > * PM system > > No promises but I'll be straightforward: We want it. We'll probably end up building it. > > * Cannot up/downvote outside of a thread > > We talked about this, this week. We're discussing the solution we want to go with and we'll be looking for feedback once we roll it out. > > > Off to a meeting, I'll check back afterwards. As an aside I've missed you all hope you're all doing well. > {{champion:96}} tl;dr - "We don't care."
> [{quoted}](name=Norscout,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=drPmEFoA,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2015-02-26T21:59:28.882+0000) > > tl;dr - "We don't care." I'd rather be honest than spin excuses or give false hope. Transparency is asked for a lot and I hope to have our team continue to deliver it as much as possible.
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Sweet,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=drPmEFoA,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2015-02-26T21:54:43.355+0000) > >snip Just to say: For color schemes, I'd like you guys to avoid the dark blue background. Dark background, on another makes it seem harder to see. The Katarina splash you have in the back right now works well.
> [{quoted}](name=Ezreal Edgeworth,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=drPmEFoA,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2015-02-26T22:00:00.257+0000) > > Just to say: For color schemes, I'd like you guys to avoid the dark blue background. Dark background, on another makes it seem harder to see. The Katarina splash you have in the back right now works well. We're keeping the background, changing the header. So happy to grant that wish.
: > [{quoted}](name=Easyaeta,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=drPmEFoA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-02-26T20:28:14.809+0000) > > Signatures off by default Yes, I think it's fair that if you want them. You can go turn them on with the 10seconds it takes.
Hey all, Saw this on Boards feedback but wanted to come respond at the source. Going to answer in-line for ease of reading. * Traditional Forum layout(Like big avatar image and sigs and OP only being on the first page) Big Avatars, Custom Avatars, and Signatures won't be something we're supporting anytime in the near future — if ever. Pen and Tamat have both expanded upon this and it's a pretty hard line we're drawing. Happy to revise if later on down the line it becomes the right decision. * More Official Color Schemes Like the latter but we're always keeping an eye on tweaks that can be made. * Personal Avatars See bullet #1 * Signatures See bullet #1 * Relaxed rules(Especially on the "Don't be a jerk" one) We opened the floor to GD specifically to decide what the community wanted for itself then worked to enact that desire. If desires change we're happy to have the conversation. * Better load times The devs are working through optimization of a lot of the systems now. Load times have improved across the board but there is always more we can do and will continue to do. * Ease when browsing mobile I am personally working on this. I want mobile support as badly as everyone else. * Attachments to be how they use to be Embedded images are where we are now and are likely going to continue to head towards into the future. The Forum style attachments we had on the old GD and even the ones we have now are under review. * A profile section on the posts(Avatar, Badges, Title, etc.) This somewhat speaks to bullet #1 but I will say we want to flesh out more of a profile. When we do it won't be on individual comments/posts though, it'll be in the context of a place it belongs such as an online profile. * Option to hide the sidebar With regards to mobile there will likely be screen sizes where we drop the sidebar for another nav structure but it will remain for larger screen resolutions. * PM system No promises but I'll be straightforward: We want it. We'll probably end up building it. * Cannot up/downvote outside of a thread We talked about this, this week. We're discussing the solution we want to go with and we'll be looking for feedback once we roll it out. Off to a meeting, I'll check back afterwards. As an aside I've missed you all hope you're all doing well. {{champion:96}}
  Rioter Comments
: The terrible truth about Poro-Snax
Hylia (NA)
: Debonair Caitlyn
Holy Piltover, Batman. This is awesome. Love the subtle era-inspired fashion, gives it a little something more.
: Curious, anyone feel free to jump in. What was the first thing you bought (if anything) from the League store? Something you just had to have. Mine was Headhunter Nid. Man that cat form was sick. Edit: Also congrats on the job friend!
Have to say it has been a blast reading everyone's responses. Pretty cool to see what everyone picked upfirst. So many different answers!
: Raising awareness for an invisible disease
Extremely sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. I admire the determination and willingness to spread awareness and work towards helping others too. I wish you much success and luck with the stream. And thank you for playing League and being such a great part of this community. Look forward to seeing you play!
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Sweet,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oFWE3HOk,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-02-04T23:53:42.237+0000) > There are so many opportunities to mold her into something stronger, better. Curious what you guys think she could become. Well, just from her in-game story, I'd say a big theme of hers is fighting fairly (but kicking butt), and restoring honor to her family's name. Maybe her story is more than her "defeating" her father... maybe that "defeat" wasn't as permanent as she'd like to believe, and wiping the floor with her father in their duel will come back to bite her as he seeks revenge against his daughter. And of course, since she would never resort to trickery and deceit to fight back, that would put her at a serious disadvantage against him. I don't know what the full backstory would be for such a scenario though. Is there anything in particular YOU see special about her? I'm curious. :)
> [{quoted}](name=GhastlyGhoulMan,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oFWE3HOk,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2015-02-05T00:59:33.627+0000) > > Well, just from her in-game story, I'd say a big theme of hers is fighting fairly (but kicking butt), and restoring honor to her family's name. Maybe her story is more than her "defeating" her father... maybe that "defeat" wasn't as permanent as she'd like to believe, and wiping the floor with her father in their duel will come back to bite her as he seeks revenge against his daughter. And of course, since she would never resort to trickery and deceit to fight back, that would put her at a serious disadvantage against him. > > I don't know what the full backstory would be for such a scenario though. Is there anything in particular YOU see special about her? I'm curious. :) I'd love to see more of her role in Demacia and how her honorable family's fall from grace impacted the rest of the culture. Her honor is personified through her blade and skill, how does this translate to her style in game? I could definitely see her strength in 1:1 increase and her weaknesses show in team fighting. Beyond that who is she besides a disciplined fighter? When she has reached the pinnacle of skill what would motivate her next. Fiora has an opportunity to be more than just a semi-tragic hero.
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Sweet,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Qr1AicQh,comment-id=000b00000000,timestamp=2015-02-03T02:27:24.980+0000) > > Not a problem. When you've updated the post, comment quote me again and I'll come stop by. I've updated the post. Hopefully, there's something there that Jaredan and/or others from Narrative can talk with us about.
> [{quoted}](name=TerraRising,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Qr1AicQh,comment-id=000b000000000001,timestamp=2015-02-05T01:44:45.794+0000) > > I've updated the post. Hopefully, there's something there that Jaredan and/or others from Narrative can talk with us about. Cool cool. I'll send it over!
: If I remember correctly, I bought Lucian. I tried him during a free week, then I threw money at my screen because who doesn't want a tragic badass who dashes around killing stuff?
> [{quoted}](name=CausticDeceiver,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=yZUtHlE7,comment-id=00040010,timestamp=2015-02-05T02:27:56.483+0000) > > If I remember correctly, I bought Lucian. I tried him during a free week, then I thre money at my screen because who doesn't want a tragic badass who dashes around killing stuff? MAN. Lucian's login screen sold me on him so hard. He looked like such an epic badass.
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Sweet,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=M7647yY5,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-02-04T23:27:59.358+0000) > > I'm curious why the downvotes here. Even if the suggestion isn't the best direction I'd love to see people respond with why they disagree instead of writing it off altogether. As a Plat Heimer main (~200 ranked games total to date) I both like and dislike certain aspects of his proposed changes. As Heimer, the proposed targeting system would be nice in a 1v1 situation, but it'd turn into a disaster when a gank happened. What happens when Elise uses her repel? Or someone goes out of vision? Or Heimer's auto animation is too slow to efficiently retarget midfight? It has some redeeming qualities though, especially not having to auto-push a lane for example. It's a double edged sword, but honestly the current Heimer is the same. Also worth noting; one of the appealing qualities to Heimer, as a Heimer main, is the finesse required in order to gank successfully. A lot of people don't realize you can't just run in, guns blazing, and kill Heimer like you can against most other champions. It requires a small bit of planning and coordination with your laner. There are already more avenues than there should be to accomplish this such as the squishy nature of his turrets, or the fact that they can be smited, most notably with the AoE trailblazer smite. I'll touch a bit more on this later. The proposed turret change I can say I LOVE, it more solidifies his role as a siege champion and overall makes a lot more sense than the small bit of health regen he supplies his team with. While I've learned to take advantage of the new base health changes (banner + zzrot gives heimer 100 hp/5) and the fact that his passive regen was added into his base, I love this proposed passive a lot more. My personal issue with Heimer and something that is shared almost universally by Heimer players is how squishy his turrets are. Most people complain that Heimer can sit back and "push forever" and you have to expend generous amounts of mana to even clear his turrets but that is a lie. Heimer's turrets early game are more squishy than minions and can be cleared most times by a single spellcast. Not to mention most champions auto attack ranges are LONGER than the turret basic attack range. This is the main reason Heimer has been forced from mid lane and turned into one of the many "cancerous" top lane/mid lane rejects that melee mains hate. I would love if Heimer's turrets gained a % of his bonus health, MR, and armor. This would open up more build paths rather than the hated "get ganked, die, but always take someone with me" playstyle most people see him as. A viable tanky/utility based Heimerdinger alternative would be amazing and synergize a lot more with his kit, IMO. Another issue is the near uselessness of his ult into his rockets or grenade. There are very few situations in which you'd ever UPGRADE your W or E over your turrets. The rockets are overall unreliable unless you land the slowest skillshot in the game perfectly in order to stun them. The grenade upgrade, while useful for an AOE CC in a teamfight, doesn't do enough damage for the tradeoff of the damage you'd be missing from not upgrading the turret. A small damage buff, or even letting the CC/damage stack from the bounces would help.
> [{quoted}](name=FirstTimeSinged,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=M7647yY5,comment-id=00040006,timestamp=2015-02-05T02:46:43.678+0000) > > As a Plat Heimer main (~200 ranked games total to date) I both like and dislike certain aspects of his proposed changes. > > As Heimer, the proposed targeting system would be nice in a 1v1 situation, but it'd turn into a disaster when a gank happened. What happens when Elise uses her repel? Or someone goes out of vision? Or Heimer's auto animation is too slow to efficiently retarget midfight? It has some redeeming qualities though, especially not having to auto-push a lane for example. It's a double edged sword, but honestly the current Heimer is the same. Also worth noting; one of the appealing qualities to Heimer, as a Heimer main, is the finesse required in order to gank successfully. A lot of people don't realize you can't just run in, guns blazing, and kill Heimer like you can against most other champions. It requires a small bit of planning and coordination with your laner. There are already more avenues than there should be to accomplish this such as the squishy nature of his turrets, or the fact that they can be smited, most notably with the AoE trailblazer smite. I'll touch a bit more on this later. > > The proposed turret change I can say I LOVE, it more solidifies his role as a siege champion and overall makes a lot more sense than the small bit of health regen he supplies his team with. While I've learned to take advantage of the new base health changes (banner + zzrot gives heimer 100 hp/5) and the fact that his passive regen was added into his base, I love this proposed passive a lot more. > > My personal issue with Heimer and something that is shared almost universally by Heimer players is how squishy his turrets are. Most people complain that Heimer can sit back and "push forever" and you have to expend generous amounts of mana to even clear his turrets but that is a lie. Heimer's turrets early game are more squishy than minions and can be cleared most times by a single spellcast. Not to mention most champions auto attack ranges are LONGER than the turret basic attack range. This is the main reason Heimer has been forced from mid lane and turned into one of the many "cancerous" top lane/mid lane rejects that melee mains hate. I would love if Heimer's turrets gained a % of his bonus health, MR, and armor. This would open up more build paths rather than the hated "get ganked, die, but always take someone with me" playstyle most people see him as. A viable tanky/utility based Heimerdinger alternative would be amazing and synergize a lot more with his kit, IMO. > > Another issue is the near uselessness of his ult into his rockets or grenade. There are very few situations in which you'd ever UPGRADE your W or E over your turrets. The rockets are overall unreliable unless you land the slowest skillshot in the game perfectly in order to stun them. The grenade upgrade, while useful for an AOE CC in a teamfight, doesn't do enough damage for the tradeoff of the damage you'd be missing from not upgrading the turret. A small damage buff, or even letting the CC/damage stack from the bounces would help. +1 here. Cool to hear some constructive thoughts and this is pretty thorough.
: holy crap .-. Exodus:qtpie, scarra, zion, etc.
> [{quoted}](name=Tang Bohu,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=Wky2eh0l,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2015-02-05T02:56:23.764+0000) > > holy crap .-. > > Exodus:qtpie, scarra, zion, etc. So much sad.
Rhlax (NA)
: What is driving her to be a master of the blade? Perhaps fencing was her escape. Perhaps her pain caused her to turn into fencing, eventually making her the grand duelist she is today. Fencing is certainly not a cheap hobby, perhaps she was well off. Perhaps her parents died young, leaving her and her little sister on the street. Fencing was her perhaps hope for survival, so she fenced day in and out to become who she is today.
> [{quoted}](name=Rhlax,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oFWE3HOk,comment-id=00030005,timestamp=2015-02-05T03:11:46.501+0000) > > What is driving her to be a master of the blade? Perhaps fencing was her escape. Perhaps her pain caused her to turn into fencing, eventually making her the grand duelist she is today. > > Fencing is certainly not a cheap hobby, perhaps she was well off. Perhaps her parents died young, leaving her and her little sister on the street. Fencing was her perhaps hope for survival, so she fenced day in and out to become who she is today. This is the kind of thing I thinking about. Who is Fiora... how much deeper can she go? Going to respond to another comment with more.
: The problem is we can't be confident about visibility without any actual indicator. Something, anything tangible would be a huge help.
> [{quoted}](name=GaleWinUnleashed,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=TVHAJ7fi,comment-id=0011000300000000,timestamp=2015-02-05T00:54:49.201+0000) > > The problem is we can't be confident about visibility without any actual indicator. Something, anything tangible would be a huge help. Looks like it's been specifically [referenced in this thread](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/cGz40UQM-riot-can-you-explain-why-these-popular-small-tweak-requests-to-skins-cant-be-done).
: What Champs do you want to hear more about?
Hey guys, just a tip here: upvote your favorites so Oz can spot them more easily!
: I GOT A JOBBBBB
Curious, anyone feel free to jump in. What was the first thing you bought (if anything) from the League store? Something you just had to have. Mine was Headhunter Nid. Man that cat form was sick. Edit: Also congrats on the job friend!
Daryush (NA)
: Ranked Teambuilder Draft Mode! Whats your idea?
: Riot, you should take a thematic look at Fiora
I personally agree with this sentiment as right now Fiora feels... odd to play? Especially considering her identity. This could be a lot of the issue. Her play style may not necessarily fit her theme of being this awesome, highly skilled Duelist. But is that what's right for Fiora in the long run? Is there more than she could be besides simply a French girl that's really good at fencing. What makes her more unique, what makes her stand out past this? There are so many opportunities to mold her into something stronger, better. Curious what you guys think she could become.
: Thank you for dropping in! Question: Does this mean that this is at least a discussion that is being had among Riot? We'd love to know if these concerns are reaching the right ears. :)
> [{quoted}](name=CrytoCloud,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=TVHAJ7fi,comment-id=00110003,timestamp=2015-02-04T23:18:05.707+0000) > > Thank you for dropping in! Question: Does this mean that this is at least a discussion that is being had among Riot? We'd love to know if these concerns are reaching the right ears. :) I know Skins QA patrols the Boards pretty regularly so it's likely they've seen this. Not sure what their discussion will be but you can feel pretty confident about its visibility.
: @Riot: Balancing Heimerdinger
I'm curious why the downvotes here. Even if the suggestion isn't the best direction I'd love to see people respond with why they disagree instead of writing it off altogether.
: We need an idea of where the balance team is going before we can give reasonable and constructive feedback. I'll use the recent zed comments as an example. Don't just say Zed is a healthy assassin, tell us why you think he is. Once we know that we can begin to have a constructive conversation about Zed's balance and what is fair to consider reworking. It is a real problem that we don't know why you (Riot) think Zed is a healthy assassin. Does that mean that assassins should excel at everything and outclass every other role? i assume not but that's very much how that comment came off. Note: Zed has a high pick rate (he is fun to play as) a high ban rate (he is not fun to play against). These show us that Zed's kit is overloaded. On the other hand his low win rate tells us that his kit is undertuned. I don't mean to say that zed is OP when he isn't, just using him as an example of failed discussion. Personally i would like to see zed's shadow only be able to be gone to or not, instead of being able to shift back and forth as many times as zed pleases. **POINT** This would mean that when he all ins, he's all in. With that change Zed stops being infuriating to play against because he can no longer towerdive with impunity **COUNTERPOINT** but that is quite an intense nerf so you could buff something else in his kit to compensate his low overall win rate. Is that a fair change? I don't know because i don't know the balance teams priorities. If the balance team thinks its healthy for an assassin to be impossible to catch then that suggestion is not fair, and i should make another suggestion. But if i make that suggestion and get no response i have no idea if it was read and considered, read and dismissed because of the balance teams philosophy on how they need to balance Zed, or if it was even read at all. When we give suggestions like this we need to know if we are in the right ballpark with what is considered ok to touch or not, but we get nothing. If the Gameplay and Balance guys would really enjoy having these types of discussions we would really enjoy having them but scrolling through all of last weeks threads i only see a few red comments that actually discuss gameplay and balance in any way. Meanwhile there are just as many non-constructive and overly defensive red posts where they complain about how unhelpful or non-constructive the boards can be. When we see those kinds of posts it's really disheartening because it shows how many reds look down on us when they do read our posts. Props to GhostCrawler and Meddler for having a positive presence (three constructive posts each) on the gameplay and balance boards in the past week. Its easy to be dismissive. It's hard to correct the problem. There is room for improvement from both sides of the discussions. tl;dr Unfortunately we (the non-riot community) lack context for these conversations because of riots relative silence and or generic statements. "Zed is a healthy assassin" is an infuriating thing to read when his balance and design is so obviously overloaded. We (the players) can talk all day and give many suggestions, but the discussion has to be two way in order to be a constructive and meaningful discussion.
> [{quoted}](name=sixdogman,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gyUaWfuf,comment-id=000c000d,timestamp=2015-02-04T18:33:56.089+0000) > > tl;dr > > Unfortunately we (the non-riot community) lack context for these conversations because of riots relative silence and or generic statements. "Zed is a healthy assassin" is an infuriating thing to read when his balance and design is so obviously overloaded. > > We (the players) can talk all day and give many suggestions, but the discussion has to be two way in order to be a constructive and meaningful discussion. Think this last point is a good one. More open dialog and visibility into why decisions are made or at least some context on the changes would be helpful. Or if there are responses around them — providing a digest per-week of those discussions that's easy to find and catch-up on would likely also help this along.
Budupops (NA)
: *bad{{champion:22}}
> [{quoted}](name=Budupops,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=TVHAJ7fi,comment-id=00110002,timestamp=2015-02-04T22:13:25.205+0000) > > *bad{{champion:22}} Nice, I lawled.
: A Thread of Kindness :)
http://33.media.tumblr.com/ec49c99bea0aa01ce0006b13a9eaa0d6/tumblr_myy6iiueHe1rrzdauo1_500.gif
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Sweet,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gyUaWfuf,comment-id=000c00010000,timestamp=2015-02-04T08:23:24.565+0000) > > Data is good, stats are good. They aren't the end of the line however. > > If a champion feels 'off' it could be the play style. **Cass is a good example of a community that isn't happy with her current existence because she doesn't fulfill the idea of what the character means to them. That's an acceptable place to come from.** It's obviously more difficult to address those concerns but that doesn't mean it's any less valid. Somebody forgot to tell Stashu about that fact. Mind swinging by his office and letting him know, because as I'm sure you and everyone else realizes, his absence is duly noted by those dedicated Cass mains over in the Gameplay and Balance forum... I doubt a day goes by without them making another knife mark on the wall tallying another day of silence And though most of what I made note of above is in hyperbole, Sweet you may be able to recognize GC's intent and why he was trying to be so tactful (and then reiterate it) and you may be able to help vocalize the difficulties Stashu is faced with, but sometimes its best to just hunt down the right person in the office and try and convince them to come to the forums and explain it for themselves ya know?
> [{quoted}](name=Starlighte,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gyUaWfuf,comment-id=000c000100000000,timestamp=2015-02-04T08:40:10.128+0000) > > Somebody forgot to tell Stashu about that fact. Mind swinging by his office and letting him know, because as I'm sure you and everyone else realizes, his absence is duly noted by those dedicated Cass mains over in the Gameplay and Balance forum... I doubt a day goes by without them making another knife mark on the wall tallying another day of silence > > And though most of what I made note of above is in hyperbole, Sweet you may be able to recognize GC's intent and why he was trying to be so tactful (and then reiterate it) and you may be able to help vocalize the difficulties Stashu is faced with, but sometimes its best to just hunt down the right person in the office and try and convince them to come to the forums and explain it for themselves ya know? As always Starlighte you jump in with some solid remarks. I won't make promises I can't keep but I'll cast my line into the waters and see what bites. :)
: Sometimes there isn't really a counter point. As an example, Morde needs straight up buffs. He's a low damage, low range, low mobility champion who's relatively squishy and has no CC. Either he should get buffed or he should be reworked.
> [{quoted}](name=Akesgeroth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gyUaWfuf,comment-id=000c0008,timestamp=2015-02-04T07:49:06.672+0000) > > Sometimes there isn't really a counter point. As an example, Morde needs straight up buffs. He's a low damage, low range, low mobility champion who's relatively squishy and has no CC. Either he should get buffed or he should be reworked. If there is no obvious counterpoint, consider providing solutions. One of the tricks I was taught prior to getting into the industry was when you're reaching out to extremely busy people to get feedback (most often managers or subject matter experts who get hit with hundreds of emails or requests daily) providing solutions or suggestions that are thoughtful or provocative are a good starting point. What would you do to Morde to improve him? How would you balance him in the current playstyle of the game without making him overwhelming?
: Honest the gravity players I picked up Keane saint, cop and bunny rest of my league thought me a fool but look whose leading that ladder now you fools :D
> [{quoted}](name=its Harrell,realm=NA,application-id=0d2s1dEp,discussion-id=uePtlABx,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2015-02-04T08:30:25.320+0000) > > Honest the gravity players I picked up Keane saint, cop and bunny rest of my league thought me a fool but look whose leading that ladder now you fools :D Gravity with the serious sleepers. They just snuck right up there to the top of the ladder. Nice pickups!
: Riot, please don't limit Marauder Ashe from its full potential.
Just wanted to hop in and say, even if this change doesn't go through this discussion was fantastic to read. You have some compelling points in your argument for pushing the particles, specifically the arrows, further. I'm a huge fan of this skin as well. Always wondered what Ashe might look like as a 'bad guy'. Or in this case — a dark armored badass.
: I try that. Those posts tend not to get upvoted and viewed at all; my latest attempt did not receive a single comment. Meanwhile, the 'OMG RITO SUCKS FIRE EVERYBODY' threads get tons of upvotes. It's easy to say 'be the change you want to see in life!' but a single person tends not to cause much of an impact, especially online. It especially doesn't help when most of my complaints tend to be things that aren't statistical; for example, most of my least favorite champions have relatively average win rates, but I still hate seeing them due to problems I think lie within their kit. I can't statistically say 'this percentage of people hate playing against this champion!' because there aren't statistics for that; or at least there aren't any that I can find.
> [{quoted}](name=Hellioning,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gyUaWfuf,comment-id=000c0001,timestamp=2015-02-04T05:52:00.764+0000) > > I try that. Those posts tend not to get upvoted and viewed at all; my latest attempt did not receive a single comment. Meanwhile, the 'OMG RITO SUCKS FIRE EVERYBODY' threads get tons of upvotes. It's easy to say 'be the change you want to see in life!' but a single person tends not to cause much of an impact, especially online. > > It especially doesn't help when most of my complaints tend to be things that aren't statistical; for example, most of my least favorite champions have relatively average win rates, but I still hate seeing them due to problems I think lie within their kit. I can't statistically say 'this percentage of people hate playing against this champion!' because there aren't statistics for that; or at least there aren't any that I can find. Data is good, stats are good. They aren't the end of the line however. If a champion feels 'off' it could be the play style. Cass is a good example of a community that isn't happy with her current existence because she doesn't fulfill the idea of what the character means to them. That's an acceptable place to come from. It's obviously more difficult to address those concerns but that doesn't mean it's any less valid.
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Sweet,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gyUaWfuf,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2015-02-04T05:39:34.011+0000) > > A good way to attract conversation from our teams and from the community is to make discussions that have points and counter-points. Especially when it comes to difficult topics such as balance, story, and art. Gameplay and Balance as a Board can open up the door more easily to conversation with this ideology. It's more difficult than it sounds but it provides the best kinds of discussions. > > For example let's take Ahri. PBE buffs or nerfs? Let's set the stage for a second with a hypothetical point, counterpoint: > > #Point: > Ahri's current PBE changes make her feel less in-line with her previous play style. She feels less meaningful and more point-and-click [provide supporting data and samples here] > > #Counter-point: > That being said, her changes power spike her in a way that does compensate for the lack of burst lost from her charm. The power was shifted and not lost. [provide supporting data and samples here] > > The latter are kinds of discussions that our Gameplay and Balance guys would likely really enjoy having. It'll also open the floor up to both sides of the table. So if I make a thread with points, counterpoints, and data about how Heimer's turret ai is extremely flawed now, would I attract the attention of the of your team? I can (and would) do that if it would actually mean something, because I'm extremely tired of my turrets suddenly turning stupid and not hitting the enemies I target them to hit.
> [{quoted}](name=GigglingAngel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gyUaWfuf,comment-id=000c0003,timestamp=2015-02-04T06:04:47.479+0000) > > So if I make a thread with points, counterpoints, and data about how Heimer's turret ai is extremely flawed now, would I attract the attention of the of your team? > I can (and would) do that if it would actually mean something, because I'm extremely tired of my turrets suddenly turning stupid and not hitting the enemies I target them to hit. Welcome it. Post a reply with your thread to me here if you make it.
: When talking about civility, there's a time and a place for it. That time and place was when our voices were being heard and considered - now they're *apparently* heard, but in terms of balance and gameplay, what happens? Changes are sent to the PBE, we're silently told our feedback doesn't matter, and they go out to live where we're silently told to deal with it. We can be civil if you're (not directed at you, Sweet) willing to listen to what we have to say and consider some of the feedback we make. All it takes is talking to us on Boards. We want designer to player cooperation and discussion; not Phreak rushing to defend poorly-received decisions and telling us we're wrong - bringing up contradicting points and arguments. We may be negative, but it's because we're frustrated and tired of being voiceless in a supposedly player-focused game. You're a part of the community to whether you guys want to believe it or not. The Rioter title doesn't mean you automatically know better than the rest of us, and yes it *does* come off this way. I made a rant post a few days ago about the silence and the balance team's favoritism because after reading the 5.2 changes and seeing nothing modified when it came to the live servers despite feedback against them, it officially put me over the edge of tolerance. It had over 300 upvotes, meaning there is some form of agreement within the community that enough is enough. It even attracted the attention of the elusive Ghostcrawler, and while the presence of a Red was unexpected and welcomed, he talked like a politician and didn't really do much in terms of addressing major issues presented by us. That isn't Riot to Community interaction, most of it was dismissing every constructive post made and every argument made against the blind hypocrisy of your design and balance teams. We CAN have civil discussions, but both sides have to speak for a conversation to happen.
> [{quoted}](name=Keevalroy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gyUaWfuf,comment-id=000c0005,timestamp=2015-02-04T06:31:18.493+0000) > > When talking about civility, there's a time and a place for it. That time and place was when our voices were being heard and considered - now they're *apparently* heard, but in terms of balance and gameplay, what happens? Changes are sent to the PBE, we're silently told our feedback doesn't matter, and they go out to live where we're silently told to deal with it. > > We can be civil if you're (not directed at you, Sweet) willing to listen to what we have to say and consider some of the feedback we make. All it takes is talking to us on Boards. We want designer to player cooperation and discussion; not Phreak rushing to defend poorly-received decisions and telling us we're wrong - bringing up contradicting points and arguments. > > We may be negative, but it's because we're frustrated and tired of being voiceless in a supposedly player-focused game. You're a part of the community to whether you guys want to believe it or not. The Rioter title doesn't mean you automatically know better than the rest of us, and yes it *does* come off this way. > > I made a rant post a few days ago about the silence and the balance team's favoritism because after reading the 5.2 changes and seeing nothing modified when it came to the live servers despite feedback against them, it officially put me over the edge of tolerance. It had over 300 upvotes, meaning there is some form of agreement within the community that enough is enough. It even attracted the attention of the elusive Ghostcrawler, and while the presence of a Red was unexpected and welcomed, he talked like a politician and didn't really do much in terms of addressing major issues presented by us. > > That isn't Riot to Community interaction, most of it was dismissing every constructive post made and every argument made against the blind hypocrisy of your design and balance teams. We CAN have civil discussions, but both sides have to speak for a conversation to happen. I'll do my best to address a couple of the points here. Voting was brought up so let's talk about that first. Everyone in this thread who supports the idea of structured discussion (and those lurking) have the power to upvote and downvote content. Take a trip into the New sorting option and help upvote these kinds of conversations to the front. Also downvote actively the ones that don't represent it. Sure I expect there to be angry threads still, joking and trolling. But if the latter suggestion is the kind of open conversation you're looking for let's help get it there. We **are** apart of the community and I feel sincere sorrow knowing that any of you may be made to feel less than. I know Ghostcrawler mentioned it elsewhere but improving communication is a an important thing for us and a lot of teams are making a marked effort to increase visibility into their processes. This is being balanced against work and focusing on the tasks at hand but there is likely more than can be done. There's more I want to say but late at the moment. Going to reply to a few others and I'll stop back by in the AM. *Thank you though btw*. I read your other thread when you posted it about the 5.2 changes and I also appreciate this response as it was thoughtful and heartfelt.
: Can we be more civil?
A good way to attract conversation from our teams and from the community is to make discussions that have points and counter-points. Especially when it comes to difficult topics such as balance, story, and art. Gameplay and Balance as a Board can open up the door more easily to conversation with this ideology. It's more difficult than it sounds but it provides the best kinds of discussions. For example let's take Ahri. PBE buffs or nerfs? Let's set the stage for a second with a hypothetical point, counterpoint: #Point: Ahri's current PBE changes make her feel less in-line with her previous play style. She feels less meaningful and more point-and-click [provide supporting data and samples here] #Counter-point: That being said, her changes power spike her in a way that does compensate for the lack of burst lost from her charm. The power was shifted and not lost. [provide supporting data and samples here] The latter are kinds of discussions that our Gameplay and Balance guys would likely really enjoy having. It'll also open the floor up to both sides of the table.
: Sticky this please.
> [{quoted}](name=Chromatic Eagle,realm=NA,application-id=WEuoGbmp,discussion-id=T1i49i33,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2015-02-03T22:32:06.749+0000) > > Sticky this please. Done and done. :)
: I've done it. 0 RP and 0 IP. I have won
{{champion:51}} A sniper's greatest tool is precision... and good equipment.
: [Guide] League Basics
Awesome job, thanks for posting this up!
Jeesang (NA)
: What is the point?
Already a bunch of solid answers in the comments, but wanted to link to [this article the Esports crew crafted up last year](http://na.lolesports.com/articles/anatomy-2v1-lane-swap). Some of the circumstances are different but many of the foundational reasons are the same.
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Sweet,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=aH27ZLF2,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2015-02-03T05:37:46.791+0000) > > Lyte gave a few details about it earlier on, quoting him here so you guys can get a better idea of the new system. Hope this helps! > > #Lyte: > > #More about the old system vs. New If you can't answer I understand, but will the tribunal have its own website like before or will it be built into the current one?
> [{quoted}](name=The Red Warden,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=aH27ZLF2,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2015-02-03T06:10:17.411+0000) > > If you can't answer I understand, but will the tribunal have its own website like before or will it be built into the current one? So it'll be linked to from the main site but will be it's own little area. Much like Boards is its own section.
: was just called a "fa ggot" in game BUT
Lyte gave a few details about it earlier on, quoting him here so you guys can get a better idea of the new system. Hope this helps! #Lyte: > "When the new Tribunal is online, every player that gets a punishment will get a "Reform Card" sent to them that outlines the chat logs and game stats that led to the punishment. Reform Cards will also generally show a small summary of the types of reports the player's received, and up to 5 samples of game data. These Reform Cards are shareable URLs, so players can just post these cards if they want to debate a penalty. > We're OK doing this because we're pretty darn confident in the systems, and transparent Reform Cards also improves the reform rate of players which is why we're trying to get the Tribunal back online ASAP." > When players log into the new Tribunal they will be presented with a random case that could be Negative, Neutral or Positive. Because there's 3 options and random "test" cases, it's very difficult for players to simply spam "Punish" in the new system because they'll quickly get flagged for being highly inaccurate, and also this new setup encourages players to dive deeper into cases and read the details instead of potentially seeing something like 90% of cases be punishable. > If you get presented a Positive case, and you vote Positive, the player in the case will get a small in-game prize that is still TBD but should be a nice little pat on the back for the player. Players that are rated positive in the Tribunal often will also be eligible for more frequent rewards like the double IP Boost we tested a few weeks ago. #More about the old system vs. New > There's a team at Riot working hard on the Tribunal, and we realize it's been down for 6 months now. One of the biggest problems of the system was the speed of its feedback loops, as it would often take longer than a week for a player to receive their punishment. As we've mentioned before, the faster the feedback, the better the results. A second problem was that many territories in the world never got a Tribunal at all due to hardware/infrastructure issues. > We intend to have more news about the Tribunal in 2015, and are planning some initial tests of the new system. For example, we're seeing how current reports affect the new system, and we'll be looking for some players to help us test the system on the PBE in 2015. > > **Some of the new features in the system include:** > - the ability to review positive players in the Tribunal and grant them some rewards > - new ways for players to see their contributions to the community in the Justice Reviews > - a visual update to the entire system, including the Case Review and Reform Cards > - a new tier system for punishments so that players only get 1 warning and 2 chances before they completely lose their account > - optimized algorithms that hopefully allow us to ensure that players get punished or rewarded within a few days of their Tribunal case (we still need to tune this) > - the ability for awesome contributors in the Tribunal to earn some in-game rewards each year > > There's some other additions to the Tribunal, but these are some of the cooler things I'm looking forward to as a League player myself. Anyways, we'll talk more about some of our plans on how we'll re-introduce the Tribunal back into League in 2015. We apologize for the delay; unfortunately, scaling the Tribunal globally to millions of players proved to be more difficult than we initially expected... but when you're making something that millions of people will use, nothing is ever easy.
Jikker (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Sweet,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=aH27ZLF2,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2015-02-03T02:14:33.383+0000) > > Definitely report them. And even better report and leave a comment as to why you're reporting them. Tribunal is coming back, get ready for the smites. When? I am eager to smite toxic players again
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=aH27ZLF2,comment-id=00080003,timestamp=2015-02-03T03:24:56.574+0000) > > When? > > I am eager to smite toxic players again I can't give a specific time when it will be released but we're shooting for asap (and I mean that seriously). The team is working as hard and fast as possible at the moment — when we get a bit closer we will be back to talk about it pre-launch in a much more detailed fashion.
: Thank you for the response, Sweet. I'm going to let this thread soak for another day before consolidating the main questions into the first post as this was supposed to be a brainstorming session. Anyways, thanks again.
> [{quoted}](name=TerraRising,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Qr1AicQh,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2015-02-03T02:24:20.128+0000) > > Thank you for the response, Sweet. > > I'm going to let this thread soak for another day before consolidating the main questions into the first post as this was supposed to be a brainstorming session. > > Anyways, thanks again. Not a problem. When you've updated the post, comment quote me again and I'll come stop by.
: was just called a "fa ggot" in game BUT
Definitely report them. And even better report and leave a comment as to why you're reporting them. Tribunal is coming back, get ready for the smites.
Show more

Riot Sweet

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion