: >and win because they perceive the damage route to be more fun. I'm gonna be real with you for a minute. For non-support mains, is being the main person in charge of vision really fun? Especially when people specifically pressure you to do it (how often do you see a thread about non-supports not warding, versus threads bitching about supports not building sightstone?) or else. Sightstone is goddamn powerful. But dear lord, it's a pretty boring item if you're not super into the support role or strategy in general. Especially for casual players who stay out of ranked.
I agree its a very boring item. When I started League I didnt build it either. I of course learned by watching others initially. Felt it was optional, and played without it. Then I decided I should play with it for a while to see for myself... huge difference. Cant go back to playing without it. While I dont get jazzed to back with my first 800 gold for SS on supports, I do choose winning over getting items that boost my AP or whatever. I feel the information the wards provide will give me a better shot. This kinda makes me extra sad Dawngate was canceled by EA. 5v5 MOBA that essintialy had 2 supports in every team. With 2 lanes you had a farmer in each, a support in each, and a jungler. Everyone had a ward, there was no stealth in the game, and supports got as much gold as everyone else. I had a champ for every role and going Desecrator support in a lane didnt mean I would be perpetually at 75-85% of the carries gold income. We will have to wait for Riot to rework vision again; then hope they ease the "bad feels" on the sight stone obligation supports face.
MrryZ (NA)
: You build sightstone so you can trade in your wards for a sweeper trinket how is it completely useless?
Not everyone has critical thinking skills, so less people than you think can answer your question. Also... sadly... Some people would rather build all damage and lose, than build a sight stone and win because they perceive the damage route to be more fun.
: Veteran's Scars needs a buff.
This is an old issue... still hasnt been solved. Youre correct, its trash in my opinion and runic armor is very good by comparison. I think the best suggestion that has been given in the past for V. Scars is level scaling as opposed to %hp scaling. An example: Levels 1-7 V.S. = 10 HP per mastery point (50 for all 5). Levels 8-12 =15 HP per mastery point (75 for all 5). Levels 13+ = 20 HP per mastery point (100 for all 5). Scaling like this can allow it to be balanced a bit better too. Another tier could be added by condensing the levels and allowing it to scale up to 125 HP if needed.
dynikus (NA)
: how can you main support and not realize how big of an impact it has on the game?
So youre in lane right? You do something like what I would do, go for one of my four main supports: {{champion:432}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:89}} Then from 2 minutes to 8 minutes your ADC cant cs properly, dies 3 times, still keeps pushing the wave up, hasent warded once, and has typed flame messages at you in chat more times than theyre behind the enemy ADC in CS (and thats a lot). Grats, youre now useless. Youre behind in experince because if you get close enough to the dying minions, YOU will feed bot lane more. You certainly art going to rack up the assist gold. Most of the CS that came down lane provided no gold to your ADC, and if you even suggest they let you CS they would fall out of their chair laughing at you. As support, you really cant do much in these games... Feels bad, feels like a waste of time, feels like bullshit. As a support with a team that isnt retarded, high on paint fumes, or first-timing champs into an assassin/jungle main then yeah; I feel like I have an impact on the match and my actions can easily contribute to a win. But when your ADC, mid, or jg are trash, the consequences for you as a support in botlane are probably your lane getting shit on and therefore you. As a support you can only help people so much. At a certain point the only help you can provide is speeding them up from spawn to get to the enemy faster to feed more efficiently cause thats all your team can do.
: gtfo back to school and be a teacher if you want to tell people how to write.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tomosima,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kfpi4q9O,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-02-12T00:11:58.185+0000) > > Going Botrk on Darius after BC is a bad idea imo, generally you want to go tank stats to be more durable in team fights to be able to survive that initial burst. > And not rushing BC on Darius is not that great since it gives him everything he needs from an offensive/tanky item (CDR, HP, AD, movement speed) buddy. even with 6 tank items and no cleaver you will still die in around 3 seconds give or take late game. I have 250k mastery on darius. my most played ranked champion. made it to platinum and I've been playing since season 6 begun so not that long ago but I had a glimpse of S5. few weeks. ever since everyone just dies too fast. unless you picked a team that has no dps. too many champions have way too many low cooldown sources of damage. the other day I had 250 armor. and a caitlyn with no last whisper did 1.2k damage to me in under 4 seconds because of her headshots. 4 tank items and 2 damage items is fine. crit carries aren't weak they just can't survive the lane against malzahar brand and what not because they one shot them. however they are still completely and utterly bullshit to play against if they had half decent peel. I think few days ago i had over 4k hp on darius. enemy team literally had no voidstaff or last whisper. and i still fucking died in 3 seconds. again what people see in pro play is stupid where maokai takes focus fire for a while because in solo queue you usually lose games very early if enemy team picked a non crit adc or win early. if games ever go to late game that caitlyn jinx twitch is going to shit on you. its just how attack speed and crit compounds aa damage is pretty ridic. although i give a shoutout to jhin. the only adc that stays relevant with no crit because his 4th auto crits automatically so yeah hes been broken for a year since release.
> [{quoted}](name=MunchCrunchLunch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kfpi4q9O,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2017-02-12T07:07:07.166+0000) > > buddy. even with 6 tank items and no cleaver you will still die in around 3 seconds give or take late game. I have 250k mastery on darius. my most played ranked champion. made it to platinum and I've been playing since season 6 begun so not that long ago but I had a glimpse of S5. few weeks. ever since everyone just dies too fast. unless you picked a team that has no dps. too many champions have way too many low cooldown sources of damage. the other day I had 250 armor. and a caitlyn with no last whisper did 1.2k damage to me in under 4 seconds because of her headshots. 4 tank items and 2 damage items is fine. > > crit carries aren't weak they just can't survive the lane against malzahar brand and what not because they one shot them. however they are still completely and utterly bullshit to play against if they had half decent peel. > > I think few days ago i had over 4k hp on darius. enemy team literally had no voidstaff or last whisper. and i still fucking died in 3 seconds. again what people see in pro play is stupid where maokai takes focus fire for a while because in solo queue you usually lose games very early if enemy team picked a non crit adc or win early. if games ever go to late game that caitlyn jinx twitch is going to shit on you. its just how attack speed and crit compounds aa damage is pretty ridic. although i give a shoutout to jhin. the only adc that stays relevant with no crit because his 4th auto crits automatically so yeah hes been broken for a year since release. No capitalization, didn't read.
SeinfeId (NA)
: Please let us remake if the jungler doesn't have smite
How about we do like I do, and politly ask the fool that forgot smite to Alt+F4 so we can remake, and if they dont, report them for trolling. Honestly Im tired of having to wipe peoples asses for them cause they cant remember to do it themselves and always reminding the lobby to check summoners spells, and masteries/runes. Have I forgotton the correct rune set, masteries before? Yeah I have. Do I grief my team with a smitless jungle in hopes they carry me? No, I have a checklist system that involves "I just selected my champ, now Il pick summoners spells, runes, masteries, now Im done." Getting them wrong usually involves like 5+ lobbies from dodges where I eventually end up auto-filled, and even then only rarely slip up if I changed champs to not play into a counter. This is an old issue, and it comes down to asking people to take their face out of their phone or stop alt-tabbing to look at reddit while theyre in a lobby and pay just the smallest amount of attention.
Rebonack (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Chicken Dynasty,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PIbUgZR1,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-02-10T15:36:53.846+0000) > > But then what's the point of there being a threshold? The item would unlock itself most of the time if it wasn't rushed on a fed person. Specifically to stop {{champion:16}} from rushing it.
> [{quoted}](name=Rebonack,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PIbUgZR1,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-02-10T15:39:26.359+0000) > > Specifically to stop {{champion:16}} from rushing it. Yeah, her and some other supports were abusing it... same reason {{item:3075}} got its nerf into near uselessness. On Soraka, at level 17 with a {{item:2045}} {{item:3083}} you have 3055 HP. Her W takes 10% of her health when used, but this doesnt stop Warmogs from working as it isnt "damage" in the sense of enemy champion attacks. This makes raka a healing machine as she will regenerate the missing health very quickly. {{item:3092}} {{item:2045}} {{item:3040}} {{item:3083}} {{item:3504}} {{item:3009}} I find that build satisfiying on her. Moderate AP, shield with Seraphs, and the crazy regen on warmogs. There are other modifications I make here and there, but I try to always get warmogs on her as a 4th item.
: Exhaust is the only spell in the game that has a defensive and offensive purpose. Every combat summoner is either offensive or defensive but, exhaust is the only spell that retains its value whether you are ahead or not.
> [{quoted}](name=ccseancc143,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wXOGJt5G,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-02-08T22:46:33.097+0000) > > Exhaust is the only spell in the game that has a defensive and offensive purpose. Every combat summoner is either offensive or defensive but, exhaust is the only spell that retains its value whether you are ahead or not. {{summoner:4}} I mean, I flash to get away from ganks, and to secure kills on many MANY more champions than I run Exhaust on. I mean do you hear yourself? "...the only spell in the game that has a defensive and offensive purpose? Iv flashed to dodge a Fizz ult and get closer to him to use it both offensively and defensively, and many other examples of similar maneuvers with it. As for its value, it actually gains value when behind because securing a kill, or just zoning the enemy isnt too difficult when ahead, but the more damage a champ does, as well as the more attack speed they have, the more stats Exhaust cuts off making it better. The problem with the spell is damage creep. It is powerful, and it is hard to do much during its duration. Because the game has devolved a bit into "blow them up before they blow you up 3 second fights," getting killed during exhaust happens more than it used to. It isnt the -10 resist on Exhaust blowing you up... its the blowing you up thats blowing you up. If we nerf Exhaust, then the blow you up champs will just have less counters, and then they will have higher win rates and get nerfed... that will be the result of Exhaust nerfs.
Sraeg2013 (EUNE)
: Riot in the dev blog "Talon may be struggling so we are thinking about buffing items".
This thread reminds me slightly of the "better nerf Irelia" meme... except we now need a new one... "Better buff Xin." I think that pretty much sums up Riots balance quality. Those pointless Xin buffs that made him busted OP as hell that everyone said not to do. Talon isnt working out!? Better buff ~~items~~ Xin.
Sraeg2013 (EUNE)
: >Where you try to back up youre argument that Aatrox is REALLY STRONG VS MOBILITY (an argument based in the error of the main post in this discussion)... while also getting rekt by mobility... this, is dumb as fuck... but then trolls dont care about logic or reason. Too bad I explained why that would be the case. But then trolls don't care about logic or reason. >They guy typed "ftfy" which means "fixed that for you" which is FOUR WORDS you colossal dipshit, learn to read AND FUCKING COUNT! An initialism is a single word. It's meaning can have as many or more words as it's letters, but it's not "initialism" if you type every single word of it. So "ftfy" is a single word. But as per your usual incompetence, you missed the fact, that he quoted OP's response, that one sentence you have problem with, and added 3 words to it. Because ironically _"you're not very bright. People like you need small amounts of words, simple statements, easily digested information to spare them the hardships of reading comprehension."_
> [{quoted}](name=Sraeg2013,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=P2xHiujX,comment-id=00050000000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-02-01T16:07:11.331+0000) > > Too bad I explained why that would be the case. Why would you? I never needed a breakdown on what mobility vs mobility or lack there of. You just said it because you were trying to back up youre defense. See the other post in response to my reply to the top of this discussion? > [{quoted}](name=Nostormo,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=P2xHiujX,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2017-01-28T23:30:01.076+0000) > > Lol, I read that three times and was wondering whether he wrote it incorrectly or I am missing something, I commented on the error that guy made in his post. This all stems from you saying (his error) wasnt an error, and that it was correct. Its confusing to Nostromo, and me, and anyone else who upvoted me or Nostromos or Fantasy Snipers post. They all got it.... but not you. While were off in the weeds on this. Remember, you didnt understand my post... and said that they guy who said: "**_He came at the start of a time period where basically every champion had some kind of gap closer/escape, so his Q was a lot more devastating than it is now._**" You were saying that this sentence wasnt erroneous. You argued with me that this sentence was correct. The power then vs power now was NEVER in question, but that the sentence says that basically every champ HAD MOBILITY WHEN AATROX WAS RELEASED. Thats not the case. They didnt. What Aatrox can do vs other mobile champions, or champions of varying power isnt in question, never was. So check those upvotes where I say proof reading is OP, where we get the ftfy post, where someone else comments on my post saying that the sentence is confusing. Do that, then realized YOU didnt get it and other people saw the error in that sentence. Also dont forget to shift from arguing that the sentence was correct, to just arguing that I got all your shit-post for not being concise enough, lol.
: Im the only one who has no problem laning vs Darius?
I usualy play: {{champion:14}} with a {{item:1056}} starter item. This means I can poke him with my E and wear him down. Smart play, and baiting out his kit with your W up means it gives time to get some armor. So long as he doesnt get to roam and get kills elsewhere, it eventualy turns in my favor. {{champion:420}} Start Q and try to land some poke during his last hits. Get E, try to land some harass (this ability also makes him go ham, so do it if your jungler is ganking). At 6... hes not the only one who dunks on people... Again, Darius shouldnt be underestimated early, but this one turns in my favor. {{champion:50}} Hahahahahahahhahahaah. IDK, I mean just throw Qs at the guy. Wash-rinse-repeat! IF... IF he thinks about going for an all in, W him and walk away. At 6... Hahahahahahaha, if he all ins on you, go R, W him in place, hit E, wait for him to unsnare and then throw Q for the slow while you kite him with R damage. {{champion:30}} I havent played Karth top in a while, but this match-up can make a Darius cry. Always have that W up to thwart his attempt to all in. When he comes at you, hit E, then W (after the hook if you think you will get hit) for the slow, then slap him with Qs. Be a bit passive when W isnt up, but when it is slap him around and beat him like he ows you money. Probably a bit riskier than the others, but if you get snowballing on him with Karth, he cant come back very well. He lacks the mobility to avoid Qs in a 1v1 dual. This means if you get to where you can kill him, then you become a stat check he cant match and hes done.
Sraeg2013 (EUNE)
: YOU WERE INCAPABLE OF GETTING YOUR POINT ACROSS The guy above did that with THREE WORDS, you couldn't do it with TWO ESSAYS. The only thing you were able to do was to resort to calling me dumb or troll. Frankly I should've stopped responding to you two comments ago, because that's when you conceded, but I like to amuse myself.
Conceded? You replied to me several times saying that the post I referenced wasnt incorrect... now youre saying you replied to harass me that my points wernt concise? Which is it? Stop responding? Youre troll is showing, you need the attention, the last word. This is my amusement. Paragraph to explain? > [{quoted}](name=Weasel Kensei,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=P2xHiujX,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2017-01-28T21:36:25.132+0000) > > Wut? His opposition having a gapcloser/escape made his Q worse? May want to revise that, proof reading is overpowered. Two sentences, some paragraph. Any paragraph that was written was to explain a very simple concept TO YOU cause youre not very smart; therefore, it takes more time for you to understand. You went from this: > [{quoted}](name=Sraeg2013,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=P2xHiujX,comment-id=000500000002,timestamp=2017-01-29T14:42:35.516+0000) > > It means: > > I have no idea what's your problem here. Except for having a limited vocabulary. Explaining to me how I didnt understand a point in another persons post (a point that I was telling that poster they messed up). Then we get this incoherent gibbering: > [{quoted}](name=Sraeg2013,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=P2xHiujX,comment-id=00050000000200000000,timestamp=2017-01-29T22:43:52.436+0000) > > Because he could follow up on people with mobility. > When he got to face, say, Darius he was getting demolished. > > Of course now he also gets rekt by mobility, because he lacks strength to actually put up a fight should he catch somebody. Where you try to back up youre argument that Aatrox is REALLY STRONG VS MOBILITY (an argument based in the error of the main post in this discussion)... while also getting rekt by mobility... this, is dumb as fuck... but then trolls dont care about logic or reason. Finally we get this very post Im responding to. YOU CONCEDED, as in youre no longer arguing that Aatrox is really powerful against mobility, but youre sniping at me with your really sad troll ship post that says: >**_"YOU WERE INCAPABLE OF GETTING YOUR POINT ACROSS"_** To which I say, no sir, you were INCAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING IT, because youre not very bright. People like you need small amounts of words, simple statements, easily digested information to spare them the hardships of reading comprehension. Last thing on you being dumb till you rear your empty head to respond, I know you cant help yourself, please do as this is in fact my amusement... >**_"The guy above did that with THREE WORDS, you couldn't do it with TWO ESSAYS."_** They guy typed "ftfy" which means "fixed that for you" which is FOUR WORDS you colossal dipshit, learn to read AND FUCKING COUNT!
: > [{quoted}](name=salty testi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=reRE7dmW,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-01-29T17:39:48.830+0000) > > the counterplay doesn't feel healthy. > > If you stay alone, (and you're not a tank), you die. Er.... what? How does playing a tank help?
Tanks are rarely one rotation deleted by assassins. Assuming theyre roughly even in stats, Kha isnt nearly the same threat to a Sion, Nasus, Nautalis, etc. as he is to a marksman, or mage, or other ... ugh, non tank as they said.
P4stry (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EZqAtmx5,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2017-01-29T18:12:14.447+0000) > > simple, {{item:3117}} and {{item:3742}} are only temporary AD increases that go away the instant he hits anything, {{item:3512}} only gives MS when around turrets and {{item:3800}} is an active item so the actual available AD you have for the vast majority of the time is significantly less Basically its only viable under certain conditions, but when those conditions are met he's gonna hit like the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs.
No, thats meteor is more likely comming form Jhin or Illaoi.
: Depends on how they do it with this one. I still rush gunblade on Soraka :^) along with my full tank regen build.
Gunblade on Soraka isnt good, not sure why people do it. I know they think its something special... but the math just doesnt bear out as a real sustain method vs just filling that spot with HP. If you had 40% CDR and 1,000 AP on raka, you could Starcall every 2 seconds for 580 damage before resist. At 15% ommivamp going down to 5% for AoE of Starcall, that would be 580 X 0.05 = 29 HP per target every 2 seconds, or 14.5 per target per second... before resist... with 1,000 AP. At just 500 AP with 40% CDR still the number falls to 20.25 per target, or 10.125 HP per target per second. Now raka hitting her Q at all gives her some serious regen. Its per half second too, so at 5% AP per half second, building a bigger AP item in the same spot as gunblade would more effectivly heal her on a per cast basis. Sure the every 2 second spam would win out with gunblade, but a seraphs embrace could easily have 50% more AP and then healing per single Starcall is much better overall for the higher AP item. You wanna build gunblade on raka, I mean I cant stop you, but your doing it to amuse yourself, not because its some secret clever move thats keeping you alive. If youre getting it for the slow also, there are other utility items you could put in that slot that still aid your team better since rakas Starcall is only 10% weaker as a slow than gunblades...
Sraeg2013 (EUNE)
: >his Q was a lot more devastating than it is now It means: >his Q was a lot more powerful than it is now I have no idea what's your problem here. Except for having a limited vocabulary.
Yes, he says those things.... he says them in reference to the opposition having gap closers/escapes... THEN. First sentence: _**Aatrox was busted** because of the items and meta **when** he was **released.**_ Second sentence part 1 (before coma): _He came at the start of a **time period** where **basically every champion** had some kind of **gap closer/escape**,_ Second sentence part 2 (after coma): _so **his Q** was a lot more devastating **than it is now**._ So he said that he was released busted, at a time period when every champ HAD some kind of mobility... and his Q WAS more powerful than it is now. I agree his Q is less powerful... because we have many champoions with gap closers/escapes. We have more mobility NOW than WHEN AATROX WAS RELEASED. They are talking about when HE WAS RELEASED, stating that he was more powerful against "_basically every champion had some kind of gap closer/escape_." Why isnt it more powerful now? Cause of mobility, that hing he erroneously said champs had when Aatrox was released. Its a clear mistake. I have no idea what your problem is here. Except for having a limited reading comprehension.
: It's not proof reading. Aatrox dominated immobile champions with his Q. It let him dash to you plus knock you up. As more champions were released with mobility skills, his Q became harder to land and thus got weaker.
In a post about how strong Aatrox was because x, y, z reasons... what does "as more champions were released have to do with it? YOURE saying hes weaker now because of mobility, the sentence they wrote says "every champion has some kind of gap closer/escape" which is mobility, then he says "so his Q was a lot more devastating" as in his Q was BETTER against champs with mobility... its a very obvious error. So my point stands to them when I say proof reading is op. To you I say, reading comprehension is op.
Venomar (NA)
: This is great because: 1. You're trying to argue that it doesn't help while the other poster is. 2. He admittingly says that it's intentional and makes no effort to conceed, digs his heels in and trys to defend his actions. 3. Didn't help. 4. The guy still argues his point that it'll help and further tries to justify his actions. Much like how it would go in a match. Not defending or flaming either of you but it's basically a beautiful pocket example of what OP made this thread for.
> [{quoted}](name=Venomar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yRJnH6Er,comment-id=0001000100000000000000000001,timestamp=2017-01-29T05:39:22.621+0000) > > This is great because: > > 1. You're trying to argue that it doesn't help while the other poster is. > > 2. He admittingly says that it's intentional and makes no effort to conceed, digs his heels in and trys to defend his actions. > > 3. Didn't help. > > 4. The guy still argues his point that it'll help and further tries to justify his actions. > > Much like how it would go in a match. > > Not defending or flaming either of you but it's basically a beautiful pocket example of what OP made this thread for. So youre saying Im brilliant? Probably not. I do like making points though, and I feel as though if I can abate one more person from asking a stupid question of "Why did u make that mistake?" Only to be responded to with "Cause... it was a mistake... Im not a machine that produces flawless results? I though I could get away with it?" I mean that gray screen with a death recap probably lets someone know they messed up. What they dont need now is someone asking them why, so they can be distracted from what theyre going to do next. Good observation, I like it.
: Flash has been getting hate for years now. This isn't new, and it's over prevalence has been brought into light consistently for a long time now. It is a flawed Summoner in that the game is way to heavily balanced around people having it and thus is too centralizing. In any other case, this kind of mechanic would be removed or reworked but i the case of flash, similar to Sightstone, the game is so heavily dependent on its existence that doing so would cause far to many balance issues. Flash basically gives mobility to champs who don't have it, free engage to champs that don't have it, free escapes to champs that don't have it, and in the case champs that do, it multiplies these assets. it basically both covers weaknesses for champions kits too well and enhances strengths of champions kits to well. Even champions that would get Ghost over it still benefit greatly from Flash such as Singed or Nasus, to the point where it is actually rather debatable which one is preferable. The entire problem with flash is that it is arguably too powerful and in most situations, the only counter flash is another flash. Its to the point where since every game has pretty much everyone with flash, it is arguable that flash should just be given to everyone, and that is indicative of poor design in that regard.
Very well said, now I dont have to type all that.
Asyliana (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Weasel Kensei,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yRJnH6Er,comment-id=000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-01-28T23:25:27.314+0000) > > Oh, your intentionally fucking up by writing wrong on purpose, just assume theyre intentionally fucking up too. > > Doesnt affect anyone how you write? I dont like looking at it, you dont like looking at your teams fuck ups. > > You will tell me "so what, get over it" and I guess thats what you should expect from your team when they get caught out: "I did it intentionally, so what, get over it." > > Youre reaction was perfect too, I seriously dont like reading all lowercase shitty looking lazy dipshit post, but will you change that for me? There you go, question people why they fucked up, now you tilted them and they will play worse cause now they have to defend themselves. Just like when YOU AND YOUR LAZY NO CAPS self thinks, stfu I dont give a damn about what you think when I question you on it... but its too late now theyre in tilt mode. > > Now you know. And much like in a league match, the one throwing a fit and ? pinging can also be subject to the same harassment, despite acting holier than thou. People make mistakes. Why don't you use the correct your/you're? Why don't you use apostrophes? Sometimes the pot calls the kettle black.
The first your that should have been youre was probably a typo, as years of gaming have really messed up my qwer, wasd, and that side of the keyboard is very prone to typos because the keys have been hammered so much. As you can see in the second to last paragraph the youre was used. Im sure youll never believe it, but likely a typo. A few semesters serving as an editor on my college newspaper keeps me from making that mistake except on nights of the new moon when my proof reading skills are at their weakest. As for apostrophes, I often skip them for short one sentence responses because meh extra button. For anything more substantial they generally go in, I use spell check pretty liberally on most anything I write. I leave the red squiggles under contractions here because on the LoL forums any apostrophes appear as &# 039 ; With no spaces in the preview when you hover over a thread title. Try it, if you should respond, make sure to just type those characters with no spaces, and see how they turn into an apostrophe. So someone types "I don't get why xyz happens in match." It appears in the quick view as "I don&# 039 ;t get why xyz happens in match." So Iv trained myself to not fix those contractions ever on LoL forums. I feel when an idea is crafted, and shared, it should look like some effort went into it. A common analogy I use is "That dirty homeless looking guy with no teeth is giving me some very detailed suggestions on my future, finances, and health; but hes a toothless homeless guy covered in dirt so Im just going to ignore him. See, all lowercase post... are the ravings of the toothless homeless guy. Visually, looks wrong, kinda dismissing it. Im not the only one who thinks this way for your information. So there you go, a supposed typo, and the fact that League forums use a symbol code for each and every ' in the forums. No kettle, just you and no reasonable reason why you wouldnt capitalize sentences other than a missing pinky finger, or perhaps serious laziness.
: > [{quoted}](name=Weasel Kensei,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yRJnH6Er,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2017-01-28T18:57:06.786+0000) > > You dont capitalize the first word of your sentences. > > Thats a fuck up. > > Why? > > You are fucking up every time you dont capitalize the first word of a sentence... I DEMAND ANSWERS! > > First, its true that you are doing it incorrectly. > > Second, dont you think I sound like an ass for pointing out your mistakes and demanding answers to why your doing it wrong? > > Go on, introspect... I'll wait. its not a fuck up when its intentional. its also not negatively impacting other people. your quality of posts doesnt depend on me writing correctly. however a person making a mistake in the game, negatively impacts his whole team. thats why people in this game get aggravated so easily. i did write you shouldnt harass someone. pointing out a mistake isnt harassing in my opinion.
Oh, your intentionally fucking up by writing wrong on purpose, just assume theyre intentionally fucking up too. Doesnt affect anyone how you write? I dont like looking at it, you dont like looking at your teams fuck ups. You will tell me "so what, get over it" and I guess thats what you should expect from your team when they get caught out: "I did it intentionally, so what, get over it." Youre reaction was perfect too, I seriously dont like reading all lowercase shitty looking lazy dipshit post, but will you change that for me? There you go, question people why they fucked up, now you tilted them and they will play worse cause now they have to defend themselves. Just like when YOU AND YOUR LAZY NO CAPS self thinks, stfu I dont give a damn about what you think when I question you on it... but its too late now theyre in tilt mode. Now you know.
: Aatrox was busted because of the items and meta when he was released. He came at the start of a time period where basically every champion had some kind of gap closer/escape, so his Q was a lot more devastating than it is now. Leach was itemized very well for him and damage wasn't high enough to simply explode him. Some tank-type items were just OP on him; old Warmog's + Atma's Impaler was fairly common and an insanely powerful combo on him. If you're team didn't have a stun or hard CC and some range, he could 1v3 easily after getting a slight lead. Basically, he didn't get worse, just everything around him got better/was changed/removed. He's the perfect example of a champion left behind.
> [{quoted}](name=Slimegoon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=P2xHiujX,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-01-28T17:54:57.312+0000) > > He came at the start of a time period where basically every champion had some kind of gap closer/escape, so his Q was a lot more devastating than it is now. Wut? His opposition having a gapcloser/escape made his Q worse? May want to revise that, proof reading is overpowered.
: Just going to ignore your pessimistic criticisms and respond to your last paragraphs. If giving out free Rune pages is going to hurt Riot's revenue somehow, it's going to be in Rune page sales. As I said, Rune pages are so expensive that they're simply not worth buying, so IP is already being spent primarily on champions. Assuming this is true, Default Rune pages wouldn't affect how much IP is spent on champions, it would just mean less people pay to skip and get Rune pages faster. I don't know how much RP people spend on Rune pages, but I imagine it's inferior to skin sales very simply because Runes aren't important once you have a couple of standard pages set in stone.
His tone is a bit over the top, but not completely wrong. When a company is in the business of providing a product or service, they are invariably going to get criticism. Dynamic queue got a ton of criticism, and so do other things. Companies often dont admit mistakes because as soon as they do they admit theyre not perfect and this validates peoples criticisms which just emboldens them to make more criticism. It would also affect consumption. Market test show that consumers avoid companies that continually make mistakes. So if Riot came out and said they were fucking up 40% of the time, that alone would make people not trust them and avoid their services. No, the corporate mindset says its just best to never say anything, and if they do fuck up and get caught, they have to say it was unforeseen and a miscalculation based on bad data. To avoid trust loss add something like now that we have new data, we wont be doing that again. If they do do it again though, just let the consumer know that they were very close and that last fuck up was a near miss but we got it now. Due to trust loss, that corporate mindset isnt completely wrong, but Rito fucks up enough that at this point they would probably endear more respect just admitting it. The pointless buffing of Xin to a 60% win rate when everyone said dont hes in a good spot, then they buffed him anyway and... well 60% win rate happened because... I dont know, I really dont, just a silly blunder on Ritos part and so many other decisions around the game on and on. Now we have all the normal complaints of seasons past but have added a serious amount of gameplay specific problems: match quality (problems with autofill), snowballing out of control by 10 minutes, the entire jungle meta (hardest jg ever, few viable champs), 4 man circus bot lane, complaints about entire class of champs (assassin/marksman). As to rune pages and runes though, I agree, too expensive. Rito makes money off of them, dont expect them to accept to make less money. Want runes faster? Get an IP boost, get them that way. Not what I think, its what Rito thinks.
: > [{quoted}](name=Chief Kebbie,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yRJnH6Er,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2017-01-28T17:03:06.003+0000) > > Yes, let's legislate every decision our teammates make. I would like a 3 paragraph memo whenever you leave base as to why that particular decision is being made. Or... you could acknowledge that being forced to type out a response whenever you make a mistake is a further waste of time and is in and of itself a mistake. Ask yourself if the time needed to type out a response and the corresponding drop in moral is worth the "hint to improve your awareness". > Instead of wasting these comments on questions that are pointless say things like: > 1) We don't have vision on red side so we probably shouldn't be split pushing down there > 2) Drake is up in 30 seconds, let's set up > Physically target the adc before a fight so there's a big old target over its head for everyone to see > > Catch the mistakes before they happen, help newer players see what they are missing, DON'T pointlessly question when the only response is "it was a mistake" the problem is, that many people dont neccessarily realize that they made a mistake, or what mistake they made. if you dont say anything, then it might happen that they repeat that mistake over and over again. like i said. harassing your teammates is not ok, but when someone questions "what were you doing there?", it might be a good idea to take a second to think what you actually were doing there out of position. and maybe avoid making the same mistake in the future. i mean youre probably dead and have 30 seconds to think about what happened anyways.
You dont capitalize the first word of your sentences. Thats a fuck up. Why? You are fucking up every time you dont capitalize the first word of a sentence... I DEMAND ANSWERS! First, its true that you are doing it incorrectly. Second, dont you think I sound like an ass for pointing out your mistakes and demanding answers to why your doing it wrong? Go on, introspect... I'll wait.
: why WERE you there? in most cases when someone asks this, you ran either into the middle of the enemy team, or you just chilled in one spot while there was clearly a gank coming from you visible on the minimap. or you ran bot at 25 minutes to farm, while baron was contested. or you put yourself in some other way clearly out of position for no reason. there is no reason to start a fight around dragon area, when there is no dragon there. or to run into the enemy jungle to steal a camp when the enemy jungler has not been spotted away from that side of the map etc. maybe you should take this as a hint to improve your awareness. not saying you should constantly harass your teammates for making a mistake. but when a person is making the same mistake multiple times in a row, it might be a better idea to listen to complaints than writing them off as toxic behaviour.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yRJnH6Er,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-01-28T13:17:21.982+0000) > > why WERE you there? > > in most cases when someone asks this, you ran either into the middle of the enemy team, or you just chilled in one spot while there was clearly a gank coming from you visible on the minimap. or you ran bot at 25 minutes to farm, while baron was contested. or you put yourself in some other way clearly out of position for no reason. > > there is no reason to start a fight around dragon area, when there is no dragon there. or to run into the enemy jungle to steal a camp when the enemy jungler has not been spotted away from that side of the map etc. > > maybe you should take this as a hint to improve your awareness. > > not saying you should constantly harass your teammates for making a mistake. but when a person is making the same mistake multiple times in a row, it might be a better idea to listen to complaints than writing them off as toxic behaviour. I have a theory that people who write in all lowercase post are bad people... The negative tone of this post is probably just a coincidence.
: warwicks Q feels bad
Reading all lowercase post feels bad.
: My cousin is 14 and he's in diamond. He's also never toxic. Tbh most of the younger people I know that play are generally less toxic than the older people I know.
Anecdotal evidence, well I guess the rest of us are wrong... Grats, you know a teen that isnt a piece of shit to be around when playing League. There are a good number its true, but on average "kids" as in non-adults tend to live up to the typical adjectives used to describe them: spoiled, bratty, self-absorbed, and of course childish. If the 12-13 yearolds on Xbox live are any indication, and also the older teens, then were probably really glad we cant hear these assclown kiddies talk. Studies show that minds that havent fully matured tend to lack empathy (making them more self-absorbed), forethought (doing impulsive stupid actions), and stable emotions (see people tilt in this game? Rage? Tantrum cause they didnt get what the want?). Largely it all comes down to maturity level. It varies from person to person, generally happens earlier in girls than boys, and is affected by the environment. So when you have immature people spending time around other immature people playing games together, it gets culturally ingrained in them to act like the childish assholes they see around them often. I could go on about all sorts of factors that exacerbate poor behavior in social settings or games, but we would be off discussing parenting, critical thinking skills, lead levels in the air/water, education levels, and overall gaming experience. Bottom line is kids act like kids and some people never grow up and stay petulant sad children even though theyre in their late twenties or older.
: we need an "enemy missing" - ping
More shit-post in gameplay, this is why we cant have nice things.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Weasel Kensei,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GIbcPVw9,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2017-01-26T19:33:32.195+0000) > > Sorry, Iv moved over to mid lane to leave bronze, which I have, and once Im in the higher part of S5, or over to silver 4, I may go back to support where I can make a difference there. Still, the autofilled ADC is a boatload of bullshit for a support to have to deal with. How do you help someone with what theyre doing when the main thing theyre doing is failing? supp main here, currently silver 4 this season. I was actually struggling to escape bronze 3 only few weeks ago as support. I picked up "support" instead of support to get out of bronze hell. And then i picked up top primary, "support" secondary to get out of silver5 hell. Having climbed up to silver 2 100 LP ~~failed promos to silver1 4 times in a row, completely gave up trying to get gold, and got demoted~~ last season by only playing support from bronze hell, **_I actually think supports dont have much impact in silver either, tho noticeably higher than in bronze._**
Yeah, the problem is people are 1 of 3 things in bronze, and to some extent silver. 1. Theyre just playing in ranked cause "why not," arnt very good, and arnt trying to win. Not playing in normals for some reason, just taking up space in ranked. Just a hurdle to get past. 2. Theyre bad and belong there, either because they cant learn from their mistakes, or they think they can play/do anything because its bronze and meta choices dont matter. Little game knowledge and believes in false concepts often. Basically baddies be bronze. 3. Theyre in bronze from placements but dont belong there, and will climb out, know how to climb and are in the process of doing so. They may also be ranking up their smurf, or boosting, or dragged down by an extremely unlucky losing streak. Now all 3 of these types of players can make it to silver, and some do for periods of time. They still behave in the same manner they did in bronze usually. The climber is still trying to climb, the person dicking around playing ranked cause why not is still dicking around, the baddie got carried there based on luck and will probably fall back down. When you get these people in silver, theyre the best of their types, and are somewhat more reliable than their bronze versions. Generally only the climber makes it to gold, though some are boosted there, and sometimes the "playing ranked cause why not" guy gets there because theyve been doing it a long time and have developed more skill than the baddies and other "why not" detritus that could just as easily be playing in normals with their blase` attitude. I find it possible to support in silver because the concentration of #3 types is a bit higher, or at the very least they have enough skill/knowledge to be supported. Its not 100%, but its not like when I tried to leave bronze this season on support and had one after another ADC telling me how trash I am cause I didnt baby sit them in the exact manner they were thinking so everything is my fault cause Im a moron trash bronze 5 baddie idiot on and on and on. So yeah, Im not in bronze anymore, and support is now possible.
: Support really isn't as bad as people make it out to be
Even though I still consider myself a support main at heart, Iv taken to mid lane because pretty much every time I get an autofilled ADC, its an autolose. Theyre worse than those super toxic ADCs supports normally hate. They expect to get all the farm, cant secure kills, dont know how a 2v2 lane works, feed, wont help alternate wards in the early game in river bush. Will ward the same bush youre going to ward, and when all their fail culminates into a losing lane and they go 0/3/1 they blame you. Sorry, Iv moved over to mid lane to leave bronze, which I have, and once Im in the higher part of S5, or over to silver 4, I may go back to support where I can make a difference there. Still, the autofilled ADC is a boatload of bullshit for a support to have to deal with. How do you help someone with what theyre doing when the main thing theyre doing is failing? I like supporting in MOBAs. Iv written guides for characters, made videos on supporting-centric concepts, and played many supports. Having to support autofilled ADCs drove me out of that role... Autofill, because there arent enough supports, drives a support main out of supporting... Good job Rito!
dominusx (EUNE)
: cdr in general is too accesible both for ad champs and ap champs. Ziggs to my eyes is problematic ONYL for the fact that he can jsut spam his ass off and zone people without even needing to worry about mana with Morello. Morello was a niche item to counter healing now it's a go to item that allows you to spamm your ass off and the GW is just a little spice to it. Nerfing morello would bring in line alot of mages.
> [{quoted}](name=dominusx,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yE2E3JsP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-01-25T15:33:16.286+0000) > > cdr in general is too accesible both for ad champs and ap champs. Ziggs to my eyes is problematic ONYL for the fact that he can jsut spam his ass off and zone people without even needing to worry about mana with Morello. Morello was a niche item to counter healing now it's a go to item that allows you to spamm your ass off and the GW is just a little spice to it. Nerfing morello would bring in line alot of mages. Sees preposterous claim that Ziggs can "just spam his ass off and zone people without even needing to worry about mana with Morello" and checks match history with Ziggs... One time in 2014 and had Athenes for mana regen. I doubt you understand how measured a player with Ziggs experience is being with their Q and E uses. It may seem like spam, but those skill shots are coming out at a rate aimed at managing their mana for specific outcomes. You havent played Ziggs in 3 years, and not with item reworks... but you can nail down his problems based on an item you havent played him with... K
: It's like Crazyboris' champion spotlights.
This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PcIYp9nQcQ
: Grouping - Benefits and What It Means In League there is many things that come into play like farming, warding, the amounts of BM'ing to give, but there is one that is a apart of as I call it, "The Pinnacle of Success or Do This Shit To WIn" Grouping is a major thing to do in MOBAs in general like for instance you could be wanting to seige mid thanks to you Hiemerdinger going 4/0/2 in Mid, nice job Hiemer. The best way to group is make sure you have communications up and tell your team to 'Group Mid', Strength In Numbers can mean a lot in things and doing things like defending towers, teamfighting, or going to Earth Drake can mean the difference of Opening the Gates or Welcome Back To Bronze. When is the best time? The best time to group is to see who is ready to stop farming and do something together, if you Nasus has enough stacks, your Jungle Gragas, and your ADC Varus with Janna Support have enough items then it'd be the best time to group for something, just know that is a possibility because someone or two need to farm since of a disconnect or something. When grouping, find an objective to take because just grouping for no reason can make your maximum potential as a group of five can waste unneeded time then so take something like a tower or steal Baron. When is the worst time? If you have your bot lane up ahead by the inner turret since of snowballing is really frequent now in Season 7, calling them just to take mid Outer Tower when your bot lane is almost done with the bot lane tower is really redundant. Another bad time is to natural splitpushers like Udyr and Tryndamere, going into teamfights with a splitepusher by your side isn't worth it because people like Tryndamere has his own job, their lack of Crowd Control effects are better off split pushing or sneaking objects. The exceptions to Grouping... Grouping is good to take down towers faster then just having only one or two people focus it (Unless if your Tryndamere or Udyr), so having strength in numbers like I said is good and all, but what if an event happened like your team having a massive wave going to the enemy's mid inhibitor and your team is taking Dragon without you, take an objective to open more problems for the team like taking a turret. Its a lose - lose - lose for the enemy team, one loss because they have given up a turret and dragon to save their inhibitor, another one to go steal that great Dragon Buff but they loose the inhibitor and turret, and finally another loss if they loose if they save top lane out turret but the dragon and inhibitor is gone. How to counter grouping... Splitpushing, having someone like Udyr or Tryndamere just cleaving down a tower for fun is stressful for you team because splitpushing is applying pressure that your team is going at either have to loose a tower for a teamfight win. Grouping has its perks like your top laner having those heals he doesn't have to use pots for or taking an objective, it can also lead into things like having a lane or two open for splitpushing or minions coming without help. There you go! It took a while and I hope this helps you on your guide, thank you!
That was very detailed, thank you for the effort. I just hope we can get some people in here and scribe some more info, maybe discuss some skills. Just doesnt seem to be a popular topic though.
: Help me help others, I would like to make a guide
Jharr (NA)
: **Warding** - Where and when. **Wave Management **- How to freeze, when to push. **Map Awareness** - What should you look for? **Mana, Mange it** - How to manage mana. **Skill Shots** - Where to aim. When to hold. **Positioning** - Who should be where? **Sportsmanship** - Everyone be cool. I would consider these the most important 7 skills for playing LOL. Not the only skills you need but the most important.
Im hopeing for skills that arnt champ specific, so mana and skill shots, not every champ has those. Warding though, yeah, that is a skill, and one a lot of people are willing to ignore. Can certainly be game changing, and everyone can do it. Iv actually made a small Ward Coverage video, focuses on ward placement to maximize vision. Not much depth, but mostly to help people see where the ward is has an affect on its vision. Good post, and nicely formatted, super thanks for commenting :)
Rioter Comments
Lethality (OCE)
: Infernal Drake is toxic
I suspect if you let the enemy get 3 of any drag then you have deeper problems. Yes, the infernal will exacerbate those problems by making the more coordinated team stronger, but the base problem in that match is the fact THAT YOU ARE LOSING ALREADY. You and your team are in the process of losing if they get ONE drag, and losing MORE if they get a second drag, its not them getting drag that is snowballing on you... its that theyre just plain snowballing on you in most cases. Now I understand that "WINNING!? WIN MOAR!" mechanics are trash, they really are. The thing about the drakes is that they should always be considered important so the enemy team doesnt get them. If they get 3 drakes of any kind, then theyre playing those objectives better than your team. Teams are supposed to be rewarded for taking objectives. Here is the other thing. Maybe Infernal Drake is the best, most OP drake. Youre now complaining about how having so many of them is too strong. There will always be a strongest Drake so long as we have more than one. Maybe Infernal is just OP, Im not arguing that with you. Im just saying if your team let them get 3 mountain drakes, or 3 ocean drakes, you guys are "LETTING THEM" get stuff. Your team will probably "LET THEM" get more stuff as the game goes on and will probably lose any game where the opposing team gets 3 drakes.
agbudar (NA)
: english is not my first language, so please get over it.
I clicked on your name to skim through your various forum post. You seem to have a full grasp on English, and how to use the shift key. Whatever language you come from, you seem to be able to use comas and periods. Using the shift key to make the first letter of a sentence capitalized is a standard rule in English, now you know. While people often dont like it when I tell them I dont read their all lowercase post, what they often dont realize is Im not the only one. Other people ignore it too because it looks so lazily written they too assume its not worth their time. Food for thought.
: Camille Nerfs Are Now Obviously Essential
I made a thread about Camille being both overpowered and overloaded prior to relese as her kit and design was related to tank Yasuo/Ekko. All the "nothing is ever overpowerd" fucking morons came out of the woodwork to argue with me, got mostly downvotes. I pointed out that if we have champs like Yasuo and Ekko who become problems when they build tank, and become mobile hard to kill champs... why is it ok for Camille to be designed to be what Yas and Ekko are when they build tank from her base? The common wisdom dipshits threw at me was "But she was designed that way so its balanced." You cant have Yasuo and Ekko building tank being busted, then design a champ to be what they are when they build tank be balanced.
agbudar (NA)
: i think its time to rebuild Keystones from the ground up.
I always ignore the suggestions of people who can't manage to capitalize the first words of sentences. Just like I ignore that guy with pants on his head and shoes on his hands telling me about my future. Sure they may both be right about what they're saying, but the appearance of the source suggest otherwise. TL(azily written)DR.
: Why does it feel like DIver's are just more mobile Juggernauts nowadays?
Typo in the title, yes, but I was coming here to chap your chaps cuz uv duh **_"still deal metric amounts of damage"_** line. I mean... Its either "metric ton" or "metric fuck-ton" for the saying... You cant just go around calling something "metric amounts" as a way of saying a lot of... we already have that, its "metric ton of." The saying comes from the fact that a ton is a weight in American "Standard" measurement of 2,000 pounds. A metric ton is 1,000 kilograms. One kilogram weighs 2.2 pounds. This comes out to 2,200 pounds. So when someone says "Thats a metric ton of bullshit" they mean is EVEN MORE than a ton of bullshit. Mathematically 20% more bullshit. Im not flaming you, but you fucked that saying up. This is how people get classic sayings wrong. Someone fucks it up, and then other people use the wrong version not knowing better. Its why many of you dont know what a noob is instead of newb.
Shundown (NA)
: Implying this wasn't made for controversial Yasuo hate. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
His ban rate is 60%. He has the highest ban rate of any champion. The forums didnt inspire that. The extremely popular Yasuo hate inspired that ban rate, as well as the forums hate. Yasuo hate is well earned by the number one toxic pile of ass to play against champ in the game (irregardless of power level) he is hated because he is not fun to play against.
: Watching Dyrus's stream, the amount of open mids is retarded
Ugh, people dont want to win, they just want to be carried. I mean I feel like sometimes you know there is nothing you can do. Like you just got wiped out at Baron, ADC is the onlyone who got out and here they come with Baron buff 5v1 down mid for your ungaurded inhibitor... Respawn timers in the mid 40s and theyre wacking your inhib with baron buffed minions... ok, call it. Its over. Now in lower elo games, there are times when its decided too. But. Enemy teams throw something terrible in Bronze, Silver. Here is a match. http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2402517706/225715083?tab=overview Someone on the enemy team even said "Why havent you guys ff yet?" In the post game lobby I responded "Thats why we didnt ff fyi." I had to put up with all manner of crying and blaming and shit talk and this and that and so on and so forth out of a certain 2 of my teammates... Wont name names, but I had to repeatedly tell them to stfu, focus, and wait for them to throw cause they dont know how to end. I was right, and we won cause they just couldnt, or wouldnt, end. See, the enemy team had a pattern of going out, gang banging one or two of us, farming jungle camps, minions, and going back to buy a shiny new item. This allowed us to catch up on items too however. At the early part of the match I had no faith we could win, it was 0v10 literally everyone on the team was 0/2. That didnt stop me form trying to find my carry pants and slip them on anyway. They eventually played with their food long enough for it to bite them back. They gave us every opportunity to get back into the game and we did. I also want to thank the Janna, she maintained a positive attitude throughout. While I loathed her for not building a sight stone (died to random flanking a few times and I both placed and destroyed more wards than anyone on my team) she convinced two other people to build Zzrots to help stall the game out for us to catch up. So she wasnt the support we wanted, but she was the support we needed blah blah Batman blah. Here is the appropriate video: My buddy and me playing Overwatch and he gave up... I mean I give up sometimes too, but I always try to put my carry pants on before I do. https://youtu.be/6TFnddUBaw4?list=PLNvXxO-JU2bWEOGkA70htWQ-KT-XzUVmt&t=515 Good luck everyone, see you on the fields of justice.
: > [{quoted}](name=Weasel Kensei,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A2sUEjTN,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2017-01-18T16:35:37.510+0000) > > Itemization done too late wont help, but if the problem is addressed quickly then it can turn things around. > > Stop building that Trinity, or Black Cleaver. Go immediately into your lanes best defensive option for your class. > > Continuing on with your damage build vs a champ that is shitting on you, will just mean they will continue to shit on you. They are obviously doing more damage than you are, and are getting gold faster than you are. You will never win the damage race. > > This is something I need to get through my thick skull. Could've maybe done something in my game last night if I'd switched build paths.
Just considering that you maybe could have changed build order, or shuffled an alternate item into your build means youre developing a skill. Just like anything else, when to roam, when to shove, when to take a tower/drag/baron is a skill, knowing when to adjust your build is a skill. I offered some advice to a Camille just the other night. She was getting shit on by a Darius in the top lane. She of course only had one completed item after laning phase is over... a Trinity Force. I told her next match if you know ur going into a Darius, drop Fervor as a keystone, and get Courage OTC, and get a Steraks Gauge. If ur up against a Teemo, or a mage top, get a Maw if youre losing a lot of HP quickly. Then feel free to go back to the Trinity Force after. By getting those before its too late, you may still die, but it may only be once instead of 3 times. She liked the advice and seemed to understand that she could go strong when her passive, Courage, and Steraks were all up because the chances of dying were really low with that many safety nets to keep her alive. All of this and Steraks adds to base AD so it works really well with Trinity when it gets finished. Good luck, and remember sometimes we are our own worst enemy.
: funny assumption :buy armor and neg cloak and it will magically put you back into the game. this season if you died 6 times in 10 minutes no thornmail sunfire neg cloak combination is going to make you come back. teammates babysitting your lane and trying to carry you will. while there is certain truth to your post OP , buying armor and mr just sets you back even further than you already are and you will be useless in a fight without dmg as a drumbells , dmg dealer. i can´t recall any games where someone behind in mid / bot / top came out ahead again without help but just by itemizaiton.
Itemization done too late wont help, but if the problem is addressed quickly then it can turn things around. Stop building that Trinity, or Black Cleaver. Go immediately into your lanes best defensive option for your class. In a lane bully match up if they can all in + ignite you for a kill, and do so... you are now dead. Gold goes to them. If they do this again, you have now given them about 600 gold plus whatever farm they picked up after they killed you. This will be the pattern of the lane from now on. Youre correct, they will need babysitting to fix this. Now building some items to keep you alive, maybe something with life steal to help keep you sustained, or more HP, some resist. These will stop the all in buffet they were doing to you previously. Once that stops, you can now hold out and stop feeding them more gold to beat you over the head with. See were not always trying to turn a lane 180 degrees. Thats a little unrealistic. We should aim for one category of change. 3 lanes usually exist: Winning - Either snowballing on kills, or chunking your opponent and them sitting back and watching you farm. Going even - Neither of you has much kill pressure on the other, and the farm is within 1-5 CS at nearly all times. Losing - Youre either getting shit on and cant farm, or they have killed you several times and will do so again if you let them. Itemization is aimed at hopefully going from Losing > Going even from that point on. They will still have that lead on you, but the goal is to stop the lane from being a free farm bonanza, maybe turn it into a lane the jungle can gank and get you some gold. Continuing on with your damage build vs a champ that is shitting on you, will just mean they will continue to shit on you. They are obviously doing more damage than you are, and are getting gold faster than you are. You will never win the damage race. In bot lane, losing ADCs will still often rush an IE. Sometimes the correct action is to get a Vampiric Scepter for some extra life steal, and to upgrade your boots to tier two so you can mitigate chip and poke damage. Sure, you delayed your damage doing this, but now you can stay in lane longer, get more farm, and avoid falling behind any more than you already are.
: Yasuo goes mid, and feeds 0/12/1 by the end of the game.
Gather round all, I will tell a tale of wonder that most will disbelieve, but I assure you it is true! There was once a clash between legends on the rift. A battle true by the boy who shattered time, Ekko, and the unforgiven, Yasuo. Yasuo was beating Ekko as if it were 2v1, as if the wind was truly by his side kicking Ekko in the nuts. Then two things happened, one mundane, the other a miracle. Ekko received advice from another champion... They spoke with concern, but also respect. They said unto Ekko "When you return to base, get two cloth armors, trust me." Then the miracle happened. Ekko DID IN FACT buy two cloth armors. When Ekko did return to clash blades with the unforgiven warrior, neither his blade, nor the wind by his side could kick Ekko in the nuts anymore. With glee and exuberant acquisition of confidence at this turn of events Ekko thanked the sage and fellow champion who gave this advice. The sage went on after being thanked to expound upon the reasoning for this turn of events. The first cloth armor is countering the armor penetration of Yasuos rune collection, the second cloth armor is giving you enough protection to survive his attempts to skirmish long enough to either escape, or kill him. That day, the boy who shattered time also shattered Yasuos spine like 10 times after taking the advice of another.
Reposer (NA)
: I mean, Ekko's a healthy champ at the moment, and has only been a problem when overtuned on release (Most champs get that or undertuned anyhow) and when the tank build was realized, and eventually nerfed. AP Ekko has always been an acceptable kit, obviously barring release, and if you removed anything from his kit, he'd be shit on. Even with Tank Ekko, the only thing you could feasibly have removed would've been his Q, since that version of Ekko relied on using the passive slows and mobility more than anything.
Only on release? We had to deal with tank Ekko for MONTHS, many patches went buy before they put that beast down.
: > [{quoted}](name=Weasel Kensei,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E0ice0v0,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2017-01-17T23:40:37.154+0000) > > Some correction for your statements. In the client you can go into the champions tab. > > {{champion:103}} > Mage > Secondary: Assassin > > U cant say she isnt an assassin, Riot says she is at least to one degree or other. 100-0 in one dive isnt what makes an assassin. Its a combination of burst, and mobility (or stealth) that makes a character count as an assassin. > > Its why certain marksmen are counted too. > > {{champion:18}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:29}} > Marksman > Secondary: Assassin Well sure, but if you want to take that approach then the argument is trivial: Is there any champion with the combination: Mage, Assassin, Support? Clearly there isn't, because Riot only lists two roles. Now, as to Ahri specifically: These definitions haven't been changed for ages. Pre 5.2 Ahri WAS an assassin, hence that title. Her charm gave 20% damage amplification and allowed her to 100-0 squishy targets. Post 5.2 Ahri is no longer an assassin by definition. She can be built like one (at least when ahead), but nonetheless she's no longer an assassin but "an ultra-mobile kite mage." As Riot said themselves in patch 5.2 notes: "Fantastic Ms. Ahri's success as a support-killing, pick-making assassin has always been tied very closely with Deathfire Grasp. With the item gone, however, it became obvious that Ahri's unique role in the game was losing focus, so we set out with the goal of moving her back to her original vision as an ultra-mobile kite mage. Technical improvements and updates to Fox-Fire and Spirit Rush should make her feel smoother to play, while Orb of Deception's new mobility effect allows her to both outwit opponents in close duels or remain elusive as she repositions in a fight." As to your definition of assassin, you're largely right. They need the ability to 100-0 though. No one would play an assassin if all they could do is 100 - 10 their victims; they need to be able to finish them. I mean, even though an assassin by definition has the mobility / stealth to get in and out, they are still taking a risk by going in that they will get locked down and killed. Why take that risk if the reward doesn't measure up? Taken from the "assassin" wiki: "An assassin is an agile champion that specializes in killing or disabling high value targets. Focused on infiltration, deception, and mobility, assassins are opportunistic hunters who find favorable moments within a fight before jumping into the fray. Regardless of the size of the enemy team, assassins specialize in positioning and artful killing. They strike when the time is right – no sooner, no later." My definition of assassin at least is the ability to 100-0 a squishy paired with the ability to get in and out despite other non-squishy enemies nearby (if the squishy slightly mispositions, etc...). Most "mage assassins" that the OP is complaining about lack the latter point (ability to get in and out), while some miss the former. I suppose I'm missing the disabling part, but with the amount of lifesteal on ADCs I don't think you can disable one unless you kill it...
I like a lot of your points, and its true that Ahri did lose a fair bit with the damage amp removal. She did get some AP scaling and base damage buffs, and her Q MS buff for compensation. Still laning against her vs say a Talon or Zed? You people are going to act like Ahri doesnt have a poke, poke, poke GAP CLOSING ALL IN! play pattern like them? Really? If Zed or Talon are behind, they 100-10 a target... I guess that means theyre not assassins if they fall behind. Anyway, nice points, but we have to be careful with having our "own definitions" as to what stuff is. That just leads to "LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU" moments in discussions. Clip this out form your post: Taken from the "assassin" wiki: "An assassin is an agile champion that specializes in killing or **disabling** high value targets. Focused on infiltration, deception, and **mobility**, assassins are **opportunistic** hunters who find favorable moments within a fight before jumping into the fray. Regardless of the size of the enemy team, assassins specialize in positioning and artful killing. They strike when the **time is right** – no sooner, no later." Ahri development: By Ryan 'Morello' Scott Greetings Summoners! Back in the end of September, we announced The Nine Tails Fox much to the excitement of our community. Well the time has finally come and after much anticipation, we wanted to reveal the gameplay style for Ahri, the Nine-Tailed Fox. Ahri Ahri's gameplay style revolves around **mobility** and managing position to aim her spells. When played properly, Ahri darts around teamfights, picking off wounded stragglers and harrying soft enemies. This is largely accomplished through her Spirit Rush ultimate, which allows her to dash multiple times before going on cooldown. Ahri can either use all three quickly to chase, burst, or escape, or she can spread out their uses to keep enemies guessing and juke around the battlefield. Combining this with her high magic damage and her Charm ability to **lock enemies down**, she can strike from unexpected angles or bait enemies into over-committing to disadvantageous situations. Ahri's major gameplay decisions are based on her **assessment of risk/reward**. Her burst is high, but must be in short range to maximize it. This creates a dynamic that requires her to endanger herself to reach full potential. Play it safe and have more light damage, or commit and go for the kill? Use your dash for damage, or save it for escape? The choices are constant with these opposed strengths and weaknesses. Her kit is really designed to appeal towards **opportunistic** players who prefer characters with a lot of action, and especially players that like to lull enemies into overconfidence, only to capitalize and punish them. Ahri's dangerous, seductive nature is something we're happy to deliver for players who like to toy with their enemies before destroying them. ___________________________________________________________ I know what the wiki says for assassins, and Ahri plays like an assassin. She has every trait, all the assassin hallmarks. Yeah her damage took a hit, but they replaced it with a truckload of mobility. If shes so much of a kite mage, why does it feel like a kite that is trying to catch up with you to kill you!? Hashtag: Murder Kite (in theaters this summer). Like an assassin, when she decides its time to go in, she does so with damage dealing-gap-closers like Talon and Zed. Looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, albeit a slightly less muscular duck, still pretty ducky... Im going with duck... an assassin duck... note to Rito, new champ needs to be an anthropomorphic assassin duck. Well if all that didnt sway anyone, and the addition of assassin ducks wasnt slightly funny, then Im done. You guys can take your "ultra mobile kite mage" and have it. Im not calling her an assassin just cause of the label in the client, but also because her playstyle hasnt changed that much.
Show more

Weasel Kensei

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion