As mentioned by Meddler and a recent Ask Riot, we are currently exploring different update directions for our beloved blind monk. We are still very early on into the process, but I wanted to communicate what our main goals are and the different paths we are considering to achieve those goals.
1) Reduce Lee Sin's ability range and slowing his travel time, exposing him to more opponent damage/cc opportunities when he is engaging.
* Ranges would still be decently long, shorter by roughly 15~% is what we'd likely aim for
* Affords his mobility profile remaining similar to live
* Might mean he needs more on-demand survivability
* Is the direction that reduces the most pressure on us to dramatically change functionality on his current spells (might still require some decent changes depending on what we discover though)
2) Keep Lee Sin's live range and speed.
* Affords bursting enemy squishes
* Most likely means we remove his ability to insec and flash insec.
* Is the direction that restricts Lee Sin to be even more of an assassin
Regardless of our choice in direction, we will most likely be buffing Lee Sin's damage and overall DPS potential. At the same time, we will also be looking for ways to ensure his laning phase is less oppressive when his numbers are tuned up.
Again, we are still very early on into this project, but feedback around these two directions and what you like about the current Lee Sin are all very helpful to us during this stage of development! At the end of the day, we want to deliver an Lee Sin that is exciting to his current players (and potential new ones) that doesn’t warp the meta-game around himself when he is fairly tuned for the average player. I will try to be here often to answer some questions throughout this week as well.
DISCLAIMER: Fake post making fun of [Azir rework post](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/HsZurxEO-azir-gameplay-update-goals-and-directions).