This is my previous post, [Illaoi's 20+bugs](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/bug-report/kXPoYamA-illaoi-20-bugs-categorized-by-gameplayvfx-and-sfx).
We got some stuff fixed which is very nice and found out some of them were intended. Now here's the updated list, sorted by ability and by priority.
PS: I also put everything that looks inconsistent or unintended. This is based on personal opinion mostly. For example everyone other than Illaoi not seeing which people are vesseled. You walk around near your allies without knowing that one of them is infected, and when the tentacles attacks them you also get hit and die. That sucks.
2. Tentacles can be commanded to attack 0.25 seconds after their death. During this timeframe they can also queue other attack commands. At the end of the slam their animation bugs out. Usually they cannot queue attack commands if they die while slamming. [video](https://youtu.be/iirLAJQKfrY)
1. If you command Tentacles to attack while they're in their spawn animation they will still trigger an internal 1 sec cooldown, potentially delaying their attack after spawning. [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUcTjjNQGik), [video2](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z8xC6-_xdQ)
2. Since patch 9.13 tentacles are supposed to not go dormant anymore, and yet they still trigger an internal spawn animation cooldown. And because of this, if an enemy champion becomes a vessel near dormant tentacles, those tentacles will not attack him when they wake up. This, as i said, is probably because the tentacle tries to attack before it's fully awaken. This negates the attack completely and the tentacle goes on cooldown. Note that this doesn't happen with ult tentacles. [video](https://youtu.be/Vm52XxtMdoU)
3. The same thing happens the other way around, i.e tentacles try to attack but are dormant. [video](https://youtu.be/4a3YwqgSzKQ)
3. Their agro range is based on the center on the target, while their damage range is based on their edge. What this means is that the tentacle can damage targets that are further away from the range they can be targeted. If you W a target, tentacles may have the range to attack that target, but they won't, because the center of the target is more distant from their damage range.
9. Tentacles spawn on base gates. Since one side of champions can pass through base gates i believe Tentacles shouldn't be able to spawn on them. You can easily get stuck in them since they have a hitbox.
4. They'll reveal nearby control wards.
6. The description says that ''Enemies hit by multiple Slams at once take 50% damage beyond the first''. What this would mean is that the damage is being dealt as 100%-50%-50%-50%. This is however not true as the damage is dealt as 100%-50%-25%-25%-25% [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuZ9QFIUNkI)
1. If Illaoi attack commands and then uses W she will use the close version W on her target even if it's outside her melee range but inside her dash range W.
1. Using close-W on a target before it dies will usually cancel the W attack without putting it on cooldown. This i believe is the intended way, however it doesn't happen always. Sometimes the W will be consumed (put on cooldown) without triggering the tentacle slams. I consider it a bug because in [patch 7.23](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-723-notes) it's been said "*Tentacle slams no longer fizzle if an enemy dies after being acquired as a slam target*" + you shouldn't be able to basic attack a dead target. [Intended way](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONvdb7py5a8). What can happen. [video2](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bHMJZxaV2M), [video3](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3tdkvUlwZw), [video4](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMGBEXrMSio)
2. Tentacles attacking because of W are considered to be part of it and thus will not grant additional stacks of Spellthief, Phase Rush, Electrocute, Conqueror.
4. Spell shields (sivir's E) will not prevent the slam proc, but will block the bonus damage when using a close W. However the damage is not blocked when using a dashed w.
5. Dash range W does not trigger hail of blades, while close range W does.
6. Some effects on dash W trigger on-attack, while they trigger on-hit with close W. For example Energized attacks damage, and the cooldown reduction of SoS. When using close W Illaoi reduces her own W cooldown. However when she uses dash W she doesn't, because Sos triggers before W went on cooldown.
7. All parries block W's damage and will not trigger tentacle slams, with a few exceptions:
\* Panth's Aegis Protection and Shen's Spirit's Refuge when using a close range W. This causes tentacle slams to trigger.
\* Teemo's Blinding Dart when using a dash range W. This causes Illaoi's W to both deal damage and trigger tentacle slams. [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuKN2vuETIQ)
9. Bone plating will both trigger and reduce the W damage from a single attack (it's supposed to reduce the damage from the second attack).
8. If she close W-s a spirit, and the spirit vanishes mid animation, or a target became invulnerable (zhonya, vladimir, etc..), tentacles will slam, but they won't slam if Illaoi dash w-ed. [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUlojKtZGF8&feature=youtu.be), [video2](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOcA7oSdlqM)
11. Using it after hexflash will delay the attack.
10. If Illaoi has Guardian Angel and starts w before she “dies” but hits while she’s “dead”, Tentacles won’t slam. If however she queues W and then “dies” the Tentacles will attack. [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pqtZtUZMqI)
\* I'm saying this because Tentacles stop attacking when Illaoi really dies, because they go dormant, but they should keep attacking when illaoi is in GA since they don't go dormant. [video2](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44elnbtKjCA), [video3](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS8eF1n30Co)
\* The only exception is when the tentacle spawns. if Illaoi is dead when the tentacles finishes spawning the tentacles will still attack. [video4](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eQOqZiyM98)
13. Having a lot of attack speed will break the dash range w animation.
12. Since the attack deals both spell effects and on-hit effects Manamune will deal double damage. This happens with many more champions but as far as i'm aware only ezreal was fixed (he's actually the only one who uses it anyway).
14. Using close range w together with ravenous hydra will delay / make a weird animation.
16. W's shown range will not change if Illaoi increases in size. Attack range increases with size and it will increase W-s range but the shown range doesn't change. This means that Illaoi will jump from further away than what the range tells her (if you press c you can see the range is bigger).
1. If Lulu polimorphs a kayn spirit, the game crashes.
2. If Illaoi E-s a target that is camouflaged (and not invisible) while there’s a control ward revealing them, the spirit will be invisible and untargetable. It can still get damaged (i guess, because you can’t see its hp but you definitely redirect the damage), but you can’t hit it with basic attacks. [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJp-p_kTMtc)
3. The same invisible bug also happens when hitting the champion that's inside Kalista's Ult. Afaik the target should be untargetable, and i'm not sure if it's Illaoi's E fault or Kalista's R fault, but in any case, that's wrong. [video](https://youtu.be/cApbCTz_lIQ).
4. Spellthief and Predator. The attack that procs the bonus damage against the spirit only reflects double proc damage, not taking into account actual damage done to the spirit.
For example, if the proc deals 10 bonus damage and you deal 1000 damage, what gets redirected is 20 damage. [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNxHbtbebdY)
6. Some abilities/effects work as if the spirit were a monster, for example Blade of the Ruined King which deals a maximum 60 damage (this doesn't happen with Bloodrazor) and Tahm Kench may launch it as a minion when he eats it. [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njYash_tWRs)
5. If you grab the spirit of a champion that has their resource bar white, i.e flow (yasuo) or rengar, the spirit will not show its lifetime (the white bar below the lifebar).
6. The spirit's duration is inconsistent. It varies between 6.25 and 6.5 seconds (never 7 seconds). [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVAg2zjX-kY&feature=youtu.be)
7. Knowing that attacking the spirit will stack Black Cleaver on the tethered champion, if Illaoi attacks both the enemy and its spirit at the same time (for example with q) the enemy will receive only one Black Cleaver debuff. [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llTaCNyNQKQ), It should receive 1 stack from Q and 1 stack from E but it doesn't. Iirc correctly, in death recap it looks as if the target was only dealt E damage, and based on an undocumented change on black cleaver in 7.13 it was made so that one ability cannot grant more than one stack in a single instant, and since E + Q counts only as E it thus grants only one stack.
8. Towers will not increase their damage per shot when attacking the spirit, and they will also deal 50% reduced damage to it. [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnJQSZsk6Co&feature=youtu.be)
The hit to the champion dealt 125 damage while the ones to the spirit dealt a static 62.5.
9. If the spirit vanishes while Katarina's dagger is mid-flight toward it, the dagger will also vanish. It usually happens before the dagger reaches the spirit or when Katarina casted it.
10. When the spirit times out it still counts as an unit kill for Illaoi. She doesn't actually need to kill the spirit, it only needs to time out or have the target leave range. This will give her Phage’s full movement speed and 1 creep score in game. I said in-game because it only counts in-game. Every game you play with Illaoi you'll have a lower amount of cs at the end of game screen than you had in-game, supposing you grabbed at least one spirit.
11. When the spirit gets low it will start redirecting less and less damage [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2ASLYcuTXE)
In the video i have 625 ad and rank 5 E which equals to a 95% redirected damage. Until the spirit has 673 hp i redirect 296 damage with my basic attacks, which is correct (625/2\*0.95). When it has 360 i redirect 180. When it has 48 i redirect 23. I believe this is because the redirected damage is done with this formula. Damage (before resistances)\*E modifier<=Spirit’s Current Health. If this is false the redirected damage becomes equal to the Spirit’s Current Health. This will then get modified by resistances or amplifiers of the enemy champion.
12. Another issue of the current redirected damage formula is that the damage benefits twice from Conqueror, converting 19% of the damage to true damage. (1 - 0.9 \* 0.9)
13. Illaoi's E is the only ability in the game (i think) that can affect the enemy champion while it's reviving. If you kill the spirit while a champion is in Guardian Angel's passive, or in other effects, it’s possible the champion will revive with no slow from E or with no vessel debuff. [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDb6mHH3Xuw), [video2](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl1Iil8Ed70), [same video but aatrox perspective](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbQyTfjxqVk&feature=youtu.be)
In the same video above you can see a strange ghost that moves in place when Aatrox enter the bush. That happens when someone cleanses/frees himself from the vessel effect and enters the fog of war.
14. If the target goes into guardian angel just after his spirit is being grabbed, the spirit will have 0 hp and be invincible. It will not redirect any damage, but when it expires it'll count as being killed. [video](https://clips.twitch.tv/AmorphousRichGazelleANELE), [video2](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecb5Wr9pMBw)
14. The spirit cannot be targeted by allies. This is most likely intended, but what i think it's not intended is that allies can still target them with auto-targeted abilities (i.e the spell Heal, Kayle's W).
\* Even if the spirit is auto-targeted by these abilities it cannot be healed / shielded, wasting the effect in Heal's and Kayle's W case. Aery is the only effect that can go shield the spirit.
15. Sometimes when you get knocked up or silenced your E can look as if it got blocked. But it doesn't. The ability will still go forward, but it's invisible. [video](https://streamable.com/pmt5d), [video2](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoLVkhvhY-c), [video3](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTnFdpnu6bk)
17. At low graphics you cannot see the spirit's maximum tether range. You could see it time ago, but then it got modified in 8.6, but i believe it's a bug.
16. Illaoi is the only one who can see who's vesseled. Allies / enemies cannot. This might be good thematically but it's wrong gameplay wise. For Illaoi's allies it's wrong because if Illaoi sees a vessel nearby she's most likely to attack it (i.e allies need to know that Illaoi is going to attack it). For Illaoi's enemies it's wrong because tentacles spawn / attack the vessel randomly and since they don't know they got a vessel nearby they may also get hit.
19. The spirit levels up if the target levels up and will also last 1 more second if this happens.
20. If the first cast doesn't hit anything or gets blocked by a minion it will have a dropping water particle effect from it. This effect is not present on the Void Bringer skin. [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z88xGbTjhgs&feature=youtu.be)
1. If Illaoi dies right after ulting, already spawned tentacles won't get ult buffed. During this time you will have both normal and ulted tentacles around you. [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq3eihP2wdE)
1. If a Tentacle starts an attack before finishing the ult cast time and then you use W, the tentacle's first attack animation cancels and starts the next one. Only the animation cancels. The first attack still goes on, but it’s invisible and will still hit the target. [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6bpl9fngHA)
2. The other way around, if you W when the ult finishes the attack will be delayed. [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfhjDEpEA1c)
5. Tentacles take 1 second to make an attack but are buffed to make one in 0.5 seconds under effect of the ult. Thing is not every attack acts this way. Only the first. So if a normal tentacle attacks 3 times in a row it will take it 3 seconds to finish the attacks. When buffed it will take 0.5+1+1=2.5 seconds which i think it's not the "50% more speed" that says in the description. [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq88w_QzUQQ), [video2](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syUnyoTZKsk)
If you compare the speed of the second attack in the videos you'll see they're the same. First video it took 2 seconds. Second video it took 1.5 seconds.
3. It is possible that if you get stunned, then E, then Ult, your spawned tentacles model position will be bugged out and will slam the entire map. In all videos Illaoi gets extra gold each time a tentacle slams, which is because of the units getting killed. [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNpGCnDmZZc), [video2](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no5y6Y92W-I), [video3](https://streamable.com/dq3ib)