I am honestly getting very tired of the Boards community.

Laughing Fish posted a meme last week, i think, of a little bird representing a player saying how they actually liked preseason, and enjoy the state of the game. However, this little bird easily gets drowned out by a crow who represents the people unhappy with the game.......and how they are just so much louder than those who support Riot. Despite it's intent to be funny, I don't think someone has posted something more true than that. Yesterday, The Game Theorists released a video on lootboxes, and at one point, Matpat talked about "Loss Aversion". It's exactly what it sounds like......us humans hate losing, and we will go to some pretty extreme lengths to keep it from happening. If you were to watch it, I'm certain you can see the similarities in how League works. League, at its core is a team game. Your team HAS to work together in order to win, so, if you lose, most of the time, you will feel powerless, as if either your teammates or the game itself is against you. Of course, if you don't like how the game is going, or if you feel that game is in a badly, unbalanced state right now, that is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. Unfortunately, when several like minded people get funneled into one place, it becomes very hard for any differing opinions to rise to the surface. And this is where we come back to Laughing Fish. Thanks to his popularity, that meme was able to rise up along with many others he had posted, and allow his opinion to get out. If I were to make a similar post, I'd be surprised if it ever saw the light of day. Those of us that support Riot do so quietly, even though we really don't want to. The reason why, is because the majority of the people on the boards will keep us from making our voices heard. And recently, I've noticed that people are even starting to take a stand against those that support Riot, basically implying that we are nothing but naive children who worship Riot, and the very ground they walk on. Why even try to make a thread thanking Riot for the work they've done, and the amount of attention they give to their community, when you have people like *that* floating around? All that will happen is the thread will be downvoted into oblivion, and no one will ever see it again once it fades off of the "new" page. Hell, I'll be surprised if this thread doesn't have at least a score of -3 by the next time I check it. And to make matters worse.......I see no way of fixing this. These are the official forums of the game. People will come here in hopes of getting their opinions heard, and 8 times out of 10, it will be because they want to complain about something. And what will they find when they come here? Many, *MANY* like minded people who are upset with the game in some way, shape, or form. I've been a part of the Boards ever since they were made. I've seen it grow and shrink o er the years, and I've seen it's highs and lows. But this is the first time in 4 years that I am actively wanting to find a different community, because trying to be a little voice of reason in a massive echo chamber is getting tiring, especially with how the boards have been acting lately. I don't think I have ever seen the boards be *THIS* negative. And you may say that its because of the state of the game, but I'd have to disagree with you. If you've been around as long as I have, you may have noticed that the Boards is shrinking. Less and less threads are reaching voting milestones, and the number of comments on any average thread have slowly been going down. We only get slight bumps in population when Riot posts something important.....such as Meddler's gameplay thoughts. Other than that, the Boards have been on a steady decline ever since their inception. It also seems as if those who support Riot, or are somewhere in the middle are the ones being driven out, making the echo chamber that much louder. Despite what you may believe, League of Legends is not dying. If anything, it only continues to grow. But the Boards are.........and its a shame to see something with potential do so. ----------- TL;DR The Boards have become exceedingly negative, and trying to be someone who supports Riot in this echo chamber is just getting way to difficult.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel