> Applications: **OPEN**
Hey, you! Do you possess a certain set of skills that you feel would be beneficial to the Boards?
With the year coming to a close, we want to ensure that we have the capacity to keep up with moderating the Boards into the new year, while also allowing players to contribute to the Boards community in a different way. With that being said, we're re-opening applications for Boards Moderators here on the League of Legends North American Boards.
The deadline for applications will be at **_11:59PM PST on Friday, December 14, 2018_**. Applicants who pass the initial application screening will continue with phase 2, which will include a short round-table voice or chat interview with other folks in the Moderation Team. We will be selecting qualified candidates who possess all or most of the following attributes we are looking for.
> [Moderator Application (OPEN)](https://goo.gl/forms/7bmLEAhTonEIuNMi1)
* History of frequent engagement and currently active on the Boards
* Does not have an excessive history of breaking the [Universal Rules](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/ITFIpNUE) or in-game punishments
* Open to taking constructive direction in moderation and working collaboratively with Riot and other volunteers
* Thick-skinned and the ability to detach personal feelings from moderation activities (stay calm and diplomatic in any situation)
* Be active in the community and facilitate discussions
* Keeping the sub-board clean per Universal Rules
* Be fair and distance from favoritism
* Escalate discussions or comments as needed to Riot
* Be the voice of the community and share those concerns to Riot
* Name color, Moderator title, and icon on the Boards
* Visibility to reported content
* Delete discussion and comments
* Disable commenting in a discussion
* Pin a comment
* Sticky discussions
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread or reach out on the [NA Boards Discord](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification).
To make it easier to plan out your responses, here is a copy of the questionnaire portion of the application:
> 1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. What would you do to foster the Boards community?
3. What sub-boards do you frequent the most?
4. How did you come about the Boards? Are you currently active?
5. Is there anything you would do differently in moderation where you feel current moderation is coming short?
6. What kind of challenges do you forsee if you were selected as a Moderator?
7. Do you have any current or past experience in moderation or forum communities?
8. Anything else you'd like to share?