Now that you’ve had some time to fiddle with the Open Beta for the updated League Client, we wanted to spin up a post for frequently asked questions & pro tips for using the new Replays feature.
**How do I find & watch a Replay?: **
After you finish playing a match, look for the download button in the upper right of the End of Game screen (next to Advanced Details).
Replays can also be found on your Match History screen. Once you’ve downloaded a Replay file (.rofl), the button should change to a new “Watch Replay” state . Click there to launch your Replay.
**How long do Replays last?:**
Replays last for the length of a patch cycle, meaning they’ll expire once you patch up. For example, if you played a game on 7.1, you’ll be able to watch that Replay until 7.2 drops.
**How do I share my Replays?:**
We’re actively exploring ways to help players share their Replay files (.rofl) with one another, but that’s not currently supported. At the same time, we’ve excited to see all of the video clips you take using the new Record Button.
**Wait, there’s a built in video recorder?!:**
Yep. Just click the red Record Button on the new Annotated Timeline to start recording, (watch your sick play), then click again to stop. We’re calling these video clips “Highlights” and they’re in the .webm format. Your Highlight will be saved on your computer in the following location:
C:\Users\<Insert Your User Name Here>\Documents\LeagueofLegends\Highlights
(This path is also displayed when we confirm the Highlight was captured after you stop your recording). From there, you can upload it wherever you’d like to share with all of your friends.
**What’s a .webm?:**
.webm’s are an open sourced video format that plays nicely with HTML5. That means you can drag and drop those video files into Firefox & Chrome and they’ll automatically play. Additionally, we’ve found that VLC media player http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html works well for playback.
**Additional Pro Tips:**
The hotkeys I use the most are:
* Ctrl + V for starting and stopping recording a Highlight.
* Hitting [1,2,3,4,5 or Q,W,E,R,T] to move between different champions. (You can also click on a champion on screen or on their portraits on either side of the screen)
* Hitting [1,2,3,4,5 or Q,W,E,R,T] twice locks the camera on that champ. (You can also double-click on a champion on screen or on their portraits on either side of the screen)
* When you lock the camera on a specific champ, the marks on the timeline for their kills gets a little brighter, while all the other landmarks fade back. Hopefully this makes it easier to find a specific moment you’re looking for in a match.
* Holding down on the middle mouse button while panning allows you to move the camera more smoothly.
Hope this was helpful. We’ll be around to answer additional questions.