How do you do, fellow kids? We’re back with another iteration on the healthbar update based on feedback. Let’s review what we’re trying to achieve here:
- Familiar, but better (no relearning, no change to things like last hitting)
- Game to game differences, not moment to moment
- Interacting with objectives is more satisfying
- Interacting with defensive windows is more satisfying (heals, shreds, etc)
- Bodying fools feels better than ever.
- Easier to track the flow of a fight.
- More intuitive play/counterplay around defensive windows.
- More intuitive play/counterplay around unique mechanics (extra life, unstoppable, etc).
- Huge clarity gains when spectating and watching streams.
- Ammo resources like Jhin, Corki, Annie have the same treatment as Live.
- Lots of color tweaks and some sizing tweaks.
- Lots of animation tweaks.
- Tower burst, shake, and death animations are in.
- Option to turn off shake animation coming this week.
- Baron’s healthbar now stays in place rather than bouncing all over.
- Resurrecting state improvements.
- Healing over time
- Damage over time
- Color code objective takes
- Kill streaking
- Stealth state
Here’s a spiffy video which shows the changes in a real game setting. Note, there’s a few spectator bugs here such as dragon health is grey, etc. Try to ignore those <.<
As always, we're still looking for feedback as you guys dive into the changes. Thanks!