[INTRO] August "gypsylord" Browning, Champion Designer

**WHO AM I?** Hi I'm August or Gypsy, Short bio: I grew up in Alaska fighting bears and spent my college years at Dartmouth on the east coast studying economics. While there I played A TON of games, freshman and sophomore year was 1400 hours of competitive TF2 (scout, sniper, medic) and Junior and Senior year found me addicted to League of Legends. I applied to riot my senior winter after realizing finance wasn't for me and joined the champ team as a designer shortly after graduation in 2012. **WHAT AM I DOING AT RIOT?** My primary role here is making champions. Past projects (love affairs?) include Vi, Jinx, Gnar, and Ekko. I'm currently working on #5 who'll be coming out next (he's freaking awesome). Asides from direct mechanics design I've also been heavily involved in early concept ideation for the majority of the champs to have come out in 2014 and 2015 as well as a few that are still yet to be released. Also (when I have time) enjoy helping out other teams such as live gameplay or systems. I headed up the keystone masteries project for the recent preseason with Stashu and Squad5 and am one of the many people to have nerfed Lucian. **WHAT AM I GOING TO TALK ABOUT?** Firstly, feel free to ask me about any of the champs or projects I've worked on (including lore and theme stuff). It's no secret here that I'm my champs' biggest fanboi and as such I know A LOT about them. Also have quite a bit to say about general design philosophy and how we work on champion team. An awesome part about Riot is that all our designers work in different ways with different preferences. A champion made by me is going to be very different from one made by CertainlyT. Finally, I'm still one of the younger designers (24), so if your're wondering about what it's generally like to get out of college, find a job, and grow and learn in your profession, that's something I've been very close to for the last 3 years. I started out here pretty clueless (Vi was my first design pretty much ever) and still feel like there's so many ways I could improve and get better. **WHAT DO YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT?** Of course if there's anything else you want to ask about just shoot it my way. I'll answer most anything as long as I have the context to do so (please don't ask me why your game crashed yesterday, I can't help with that). **Note: Not going to have much time to answer stuff today (12/18) but ask anyways, I'll be hopping online Saturday to really get the conversation going.**
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel