Similar to the previous VFX updates we’ve made in the past (*Ziggs, Olaf, Lux, etc*), we're working on updates to the Visual Effects (VFX) of more champions whose spell effects are in need of some love. Our aim is to get their FX to current League standards and improve gameplay clarity. In Patch **10.1**, we'll be releasing a VFX Update for Thresh!
*Just like the previous ones, and since these are smaller updates geared toward sprucing up some of the oldest members of the roster, they aren't in the same prioritization conversation as to how we decide who gets a VGU (where we take model, gameplay, and thematic into account too!): they do not affect any other timeline, and are simply dev passion projects.*
We're looking for feedback on his VFX changes, which should be up on the PBE soon-ish. Please try him out there —especially if you're a main— and leave us your feedback once the changes are up!
*VFX Update aimed at improving gameplay readability and bringing up his VFXs to today's standards, while improving his thematic feel.*
* **P** - New souls and power-up effects.
* **BA** - Trails on all skins, and new hit effects.
* **Q** - Made the hitbox clearer and adjusted hook position. New hit effects. New link break effect (ie. on cleanse/qss). New wind-up effect.
* **W** - New Lantern missile and AOE indicator. Should be more noticeable and in-thematic. New edge indicator. Cleaned up ray of light towards Thresh. Lantern now rotates much more fluidly (no more chunky rotations, except if you're super close to it). Cleaned up overall.
* **E** - Added a circle indicator to show the *actual* hitbox. **Yes, there was a circle hitbox around it.** Why? How would I know. At least now it's clearly indicated. Also new indicator overall with improved thematic feel.
* **R** - Thematic feel improvement, and cleaned up. I kept the original pillars.
* **Idle Effects** - Cleaned up and improved idle effects overall to match his actual appearance (read "match the Senna cinematic").
## *Skin changes:*
* **All Skins:** Cleaned up and matched base changes.
* **Deep Terror Thresh:** Cleaned up overall, and more bubbles.
* **Championship Thresh:** New Championship particles overall, and some cleanup.
* **Blood Moon Thresh:** Mostly just a cleanup with some thematic improvements.
* **Dark Star Thresh:** Mostly just some tweaks to match base.
* **High Noon Thresh:** Mostly just some tweaks to match base.
##***Known things to add/fix:***
- Add BA Trails on Dark Star.
- Add E circle indicators on Pulsefire Thresh.
- W Lantern fire position is off on High Noon Thresh.
Please test those changes on the PBE once he's up (should be some time next week) and let us know if you have any feedback!