Last week, [we tried some experimental changes to Fizz’s W](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/huEn04VG-fizz-change-heading-to-pbe), but we heard your feedback and have a new iteration landing on the PBE today. As before, our primary goal with these changes is to replace the mark charging mechanic and Fizz’s current W with a more satisfying and intuitive version of W (while maintaining the delay on Fizz’s full burst) - this time around, we also want to have the version feel more like pre-rework Fizz.
**Changes to W (relative to live Fizz)**
* REMOVED - W passive marking targets for 6s (the bleed is retained)
* REMOVED - W active dealing triple damage when hitting a mark-primed target
* NEW - If Seastone Trident active doesn’t kill its target, Fizz gains bonus on-hit magic damage for 6s
* On-hit Damage: 10/15/20/25/30 + 25% AP
* W Cooldown: 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 >>> 18/17/16/15/14
* W Mana Refund: 20/28/36/42/50 >>> 20/28/36/44/52
In response to your feedback, we want to backload his full damage potential in a way that feels very natural (and nostalgic) to long time Fizz players, so we’re trying the on-hit bonus on his W active. You still have the active attack-reset magic damage, same as live, so after a couple autoattacks (plus a Q), you’ll be netting similar damage to an empowered W on live. If you manage to stick to your target for the full duration, you’ll be doing significantly more damage.
We also heard that you find Live Fizz’s farming very satisfying with his cooldown reset on W, so we’ve retained that mechanic (you just won’t get the on-hit buff if you reset it).
As before, with these changes, we’re not looking to update Fizz or make large scope changes, just smooth down a consistent pain point for Fizz players. These changes will not necessarily ship with the next patch - we want to keep them on PBE for a bit, collect your feedback, and iterate if necessary.
Thanks again for your feedback on the last round. If you get a chance, especially if you’re a once-lapsed Fizz player, jump onto PBE and give them a whirl.
Some minor changes based on feedback and testing we've observed. Looking to make the windows around uptime/downtime of the W more normal/defined, cut the cooldowns a bit, and compress his damage a little more. These will probably land on the PBE next week (whenever the next build is).
* W On-hit Damage Buff
* Duration: 6 >>> 5
* Damage per Hit: 10/15/20/25/30 + 25% AP >>> 10/15/20/25/30 + 30% AP
* W Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14 >>> 7/6.5/6/5.5/5
* Now starts at the end of the Buff duration
Based on feedback and further testing, we're adding a bit more power to his W early. Plus, we're stripping out the bleeds that Q and R add to further streamline his kit and free up some situational power.
* Removed the bleeds on non-primary targets of Urchin Strike (Q) and all targets of Chum the Waters (R)
* W Active Bonus Damage: 20/30/40/50/60 + 40% AP >>> 40/50/60/70/80 + 40% AP
Also, we fixed some bugs where his W active duration before hitting a target was 2s instead of 4s and his on-hit damage was higher than intended.