Hey Party People,
In a few brief hours Rek'Sai's update will be on PBE. The aim of the update is to bring Rek'Sai back to her roots. Rek’Sai has a great fantasy, but we don't think her gameplay has been fulfilling that promise to players for some time. Rek’Sai should be a void predator that enemies fear at all points throughout the game. When she's nearby, she should be a distinct and individual threat.
Rek'Sai has been a slow burn passion project for our team for awhile, and we had a few set goals in mind that defined our changes:
* Make Rek'Sai more of a Diver, with individual threat against the opposition's carries
* Tone down elements of her kit that let her excel in professional play and leave her underwhelming in normal play
* Give her higher moments of success
* Ensure that her melee pattern has more distinct success and failure cases
* Allow Rek’Sai to dance in and out of fights, relying on her tunnels and regeneration to survive, not baseline tankiness
We’re holding off on revealing the full changelist, as it'll be uncovered over the next couple of days. Much of the tuning is still in flux, but the bigger directional changes will likely remain consistent.
* **Fury of the Xer'Sai (P) ::** Fury now generates more quickly, but regeneration per point of Fury is down. Overall regeneration should be quite a bit higher if she has access to enemies.
* ** Queen's Wrath and Prey Seeker ::** Rek’Sai’s primary damage abilities now scale significantly better with bonus AD. However, Queen's Wrath will do less base damage. Rek’Sai is a land shark who mercilessly hunts her prey, and we want her damage output - and itemization - to represent that fantasy.
* **Burrow / Un-burrow ::** Now only knocks up one enemy target at a time.
* **Tunnel ::** Cooldowns scale down better over game time. Specifically, we want to significantly increase Rek’Sai’s ability to re-enter tunnels, giving Rek'Sai better options for escaping the same way she entered - or re-joining a fight after she’s left.
* **Void Rush :: **Her ultimate is all brand new. It no longer allows her to travel cross-map to an existing tunnel. Instead she leaps at enemy champions she's recently done damage to, dealing decent base damage with an execute mechanic.
**Conclusion and Caveat: **
As with all our projects, Rek'Sai will be subject to tuning and followup changes. Moreso than most, she'll hit PBE without fully completed art/sound/mechanics. We'll be brushing those up over the PBE period. Feedback on them is appreciated but we are already well aware have more work to do.
I'll be checking back in here over the next couple of hours to answer more specifics for those curious. We're all excited for you guys to get to try out Rek'Sai on PBE and soon, on Live!