Following up on the Juggernaut itemization changes made in patch 5.16, particularly the additions of Dead Man's Plate, Titanic Hydra, and Sterak's Gage, I wanted to quickly go over our thoughts on the current state of these items.
**Original Goals (for the 08/20/2015 Release)**
* Offer Juggernauts items that meet their specific needs and provide a foundation for future juggernaut item diversity
* Use stat bindings to ensure those items can be balanced for juggernauts, rather than being superior on other classes.
* Stat bindings refers to the statistics that a champion kit encourages its players to itemize for, e.g. Marksmen with Attack Speed and Critical Strike
**What's Working (as of 1/25/2015)**
* All the updated Juggernauts use some of these items in their builds to solve the problems they were meant to address
* No metagolem - stacking all these items together doesn’t dominate all other builds
* Clear item satisfaction created by thematic linkage (e.g. Black Cleaver on Darius) and visual effects/audio (e.g. Dead Man’s Plate’s trail)
* Non-Juggernauts aren’t using these items excessively or unfairly (stat binding works)
**Problems to Address (as of 1/25/2015)**
* Non reworked juggernauts have pretty hodgepodge itemization
* Dead Man’s Plate remains too strong and is crowding out other choices
* Unclear if Dead Man’s Plate and Black Cleaver correct an intended juggernaut weakness (immobility) too effectively
* Titanic Hydra has very few users (lack of health-bound, Basic Attack-oriented champions)
* Juggernauts are well-supported with core items, but have few choices to make other than order/build path.
* Look to improve bindings on other Juggernauts (e.g. Nasus and Udyr)
* Further reduce Dead Man’s Plate’s power and assess other similar items
* Assess who should use Titanic Hydra and changes needed to make it attractive to them
* Discuss frameworks for use of flat MS versus % MS and in what ways items should or shouldn’t offset class weaknesses.