Cosplay info for NA LCS Summer Finals
Hey Summoners! If you're a cosplayer attending the NA LCS Summer Finals at Madison Square Garden next week, here's some useful rules and information to help plan for the event. Please review all of the MSG cosplay points below to prepare for the show.
Once the event doors are open, everyone in cosplay is encouraged to enter MSG through the North Concierge (accessible via 33rd street).
- This gate has been made available to help cosplayers safely enter the event in a timely manner. The security check is specifically tailored for cosplayers, and will be staffed with people familiar with the costume rules and regulations.
- Only cosplayers, and those attending with them will be able to enter through this gate.
- Please note that this room will not have any supplies to repair costumes.
- Any items stored in this room will need to be picked up by the end of each day.
- All final decisions on costumes entering the facility shall be at the sole discretion of Madison Square Garden security.
- Your costume must be not be wider than 4 feet across, longer than 6 feet, or taller than 8 feet. Additionally, you must be able to easily maneuver your costume over stairs or ramps unassisted. You must also be able to sit in your seat while wearing your costume, or plan to take it off once entering the stadium (there will be a storage room available).
- You must have unobstructed vision at all times (i.e., must not need to remove a piece of your costume in order to see).
- Armor cannot pose a threat to others by way of sharpened metal edges, spikes, or bladed surfaces.
- All swords or bladed weapons must be blunt-edged and cannot have a sharpened edge (no metallic or predominantly wooden weapons). No weapon may be sharp or pointy enough to cut or pierce someone with moderate pressure, or heavy enough to create a threatening club.
- Note: Worbla will be permitted, pending that it follows the above weapon restrictions.
- You may not bring firearms of any kind including air guns or cap guns, as well as any replica weapon (i.e., facsimiles or realistic versions of real-world weapons). Any firearm must be clearly of prop nature, and cosplayers will be responsible for proving that any potential firearm is non-dischargeable.
- Any bow-type weapons must be unstrung or strung with a low-tensile thread. All prop arrows must have non-metal, blunted tips.
- You may not include liquids, gels, or other substances which could cause a mess. (This will be at the discretion of Riot and/or Madison Square Garden staff).
- You may not use smoke effects, fire, explosives, or any other environmental hazard in any capacity.
- You may display your prop weapons only as costume pieces. Do not swing or brandish your prop in any way that could be considered unsafe or threatening.
- You may pose with a prop in a brandishing manner, so long as no reasonable person would interpret for anything other than dramatic effect. Event staff or management may stop you at their sole discretion.
Please let us know if you have any additional MSG cosplay questions, or reach out to me on Twitter (@RiotJynx) during the show.