Mana Ratio on Passive, AD Ratio on E, Attackspeed on W, AP Ratio on Ult and Q....

That's Blitzcrank for ya. Recently checked out his LolWiki Page ( http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Blitzcrank/Abilities ) and discovered that his abilities are all over the place. With most of the other ability kits in the game, you can clearly see how your abilities are meant to interact with each other but with Blitzcrank, each of his abilities could be in any other kit that is not his. This means that all that Blitzcrank does, is kind of just grabbing people, knocking them up and bursting them a bit. It's like besides his Q, the rest of his abilities don't feel like they have a lot of impact or that they really synergize with each other. That basically gave me ideas of what could be done to his kit and weird scalings, to make Blitz feel a little bit more like he's not just reduced to his Q. Here's the kit changes that I came up with, above you can see the link to the live version of his kit as reference. Changes are italic. When I didn't know what value to settle on, numbers will be replaced by an "X". **Passive: Mana Barrier** Static Cooldown: 90 seconds When Blitzcrank drops below 20% of his maximum health, he shields himself for 50% of his current mana for up to 10 seconds. _Unchanged._ **Q: Rocket Grab** Range: 925 units Speed: 1750 units per second Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16 Cost: 100 Mana Active: Blitzcrank fires his right hand in target direction, pulling the enemy first hit to him, stunning it for 0.5 seconds and dealing _80/120/160/200/240(+60% AP)_ as magic damage. _Base damage and AP ratio lowered.._ **W: Overdrive** Cooldown: 15 seconds Cost: 75 Mana Active: Blitzcrank puts himself into Overdrive, gaining 30/38/46/54/62% bonus attack speed for 5 seconds and 70/75/80/85/90% bonus movement speed that decays to 10% over the duration. When Overdrive ends, Blitzcrank is slowed by 30% for 1.5 seconds. _Unchanged._ **E: Power Fist** Cooldown: 9/8/7/6/5 seconds Cost: 25 Mana _Passive: Blitzcrank's basic attacks deal ( X% of Blitzcrank's maximum Mana ) as bonus magic damage._ Active: Blitzcrank's next basic attack within 5 seconds deals _( X% of Blitzcrank's maximum Mana ( same amount as his E passive, added on top of it ( I love brackets lol) ) ) ( + 30% AP ) as magic damage_ and knocks up its target for 1 second. Power Fist resets Blitzcrank's autoattack timer. _New Passive added that gives Blitzcrank extra on-hit that scales with his mana. E active now also scales with mana and AP, rather than AD._ **R: Static Field** Passive Range: 450 Active Range: 600 Cooldown: 60/40/20 seconds Passive: While Static Field is not on cooldown, Blitzcrank fires a lightning Bolt _at the target last hit by his basic attacks or Rocket Grab_ every _1.5 seconds_, dealing _( X% of Blitzcrank's maximum Mana )_ as magic damage. Active: Blitzcrank detonates his Static Field, dealing 250/275/500 _( + 70% AP )_ as magic damage and _interrupting channeled abilities._ _Passive doesn't randomly pick targets anymore, instead it will only target Champions hit by other abilities or autohits. Passive triggers more often and deals damage based on Blitzcrank's mana, rather than having a base damage and AP ratio. Active now interrupts channels instead of silencing for 0.5 seconds and has its AP ratio lowered._ I think you can see the bigger picture. Power is stripped from his Q and ult active, to make his other abilities feel a bit better. A trend you clearly already noticed is all the mana scaling. Unlike Alistar, Leona or other tank supports Blitzcrank doesn't really have a lot of things in his kit that scale with tank stats, which makes his usually tanky build feel less effective than on other champions. The only thing that really made a difference was the mana on Frozen Heart, Frostborn Gauntlet, Righteous Glory and other support items that Blitzcrank likes, because of his passive. Because of that, I just felt like giving him more mana ratios and encouraging him more to build it made a lot of sense. Let's look at what exactly these mana ratios are. His ult Passive is changed to deal damage based on his mana rather than his AP. By making it trigger more consistently and less randomly, you have a consistent damage threat in prolonged fights which makes you think twice about ulting instantly after grabbing someone. You will also not randomly steal CS from your ADC or push minion waves with it. Then there's his new E. I've always found it confusing that they made it scale with AD because there obviously is no support item that gives you AD anymore ( RIP old Zeke's ) and you only have the attack speed buff on his W besides the E itself to scale with AD. By adding a passive that gives you a mana-based on-hit and turning its active ratio to a mana ratio rather than an AD ratio, not only is the problem of the confusing ratio fixed but it also makes the attack speed from his W much more effective, since it will allow you to auto and therefore proc the E passiveopn-hit more often. What I also thought of is the chance of making him more than just a support. While doing my research, I discovered that Blitzcrank wasn't initially intended to be a supporting semi-tan but rather either an AD fighter or an AP burst assassin ( as you can see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtmMC23DdT0 ). While this was 5 years ago, back when supports, ADCs and other roles weren't clearly defined yet, the thought of this intrigued me. Take a look at the changes above again. You could not only go for a support-y mana-heavy tank build, but also a mana on-hit bruiser build in the jungle or toplane, with building something like Manamune, Frostborn Gauntlet Wit's End etc. or try to be a roaming bursty AP semi-assassin in the botlane or midlane, building items like Lichbane, Rod of Ages and Morellonomicon. Both seem like something that would be incredibly fun to play. I don't really think all this is going to actually happen but I love speculating about it. Would love to see your thoughts on this.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel