... and what the fuck are those champion/item changes?
- Gallio not doing well and getting a nerf?(manacost buff is nice, but loosing 60%ap on the Q is massive)
And not only that, but changeing some flat damage into % damage, cause tanks really need more anti tank tools...after all that's their job right? Killing other tanks?
**Edit: Last PBE patch he received a small ratio buff on the initial damage and the %hp damage, might actually be enough to turn it into a decent buff overall.**
- Lissandra getting butchered for a gimick
She looses a bunch of damage on W and R and alot lane presence from the removed free spell every now and then with poor manacost compensation and that all to get some stupid 'thrall' mechanic that only takes effect on takeing down a champion.
This greatly lowers lissandras personal power just so he gets more power in teamfights that comes from just beeing there and doing nothing. There is no gameplay at all, all lisandry has to do is existing close to a fight and if you're team manages to get a kill, shit will snowball from there thx to massive basedamage frost zombies, whilt the things lissandra can do actively get less powerfull.
Wouldn't be supprised to se her as a support after that, rush zhonyas, get some lockdown from E+W and then hope self ult+zhonyas buy enough time for you're team to kill shit so your passive does the rest
This does not feel good on lissandra, and it does not feel good playing against her...
- Orn getting turned into a support
- Loosing the shield on his W is massive, it takes so much from his tradeing abillity in lane, and even more from his survivabillity in long teamfights and his potential to go for plays on the back end of a fight.
This paired with the lost sustain from his passive will leave him helpless in many toplane matchups, how on earth does killing his easy to acces laneing power help him in soloQ compared to proplay?
The main issue for his stromg lane is how absurd his lvl 6 all-in is because it can give 3 brittle procs, paired with him getting an itemadvantage from his passive. And you just buff that brittle damage, cause a tank surely needs to obliterate +70% of an ulting renektons healthbar with his combo...
- His ult gets heavy nerfs, not that it didn't deserve some, but hitting both the pick potential and the teamfight is a bit much. I think landing his ult on multiple targets in a teamfight should be the ideal case and atm it's very statisfying, cutting the cc on targets beyond the first seems a bit harsh and hitting the wrong spot. The slow changes already make the knockup much less reliable anyway.
- The changes to his passive is wiered, he gets a random lvl 11 spike where he starts getting tons of free stats, he gets restriced heavily in his item choices as you'd want to get as much upgradebal items as possible, and he gives free stats to allies past that. I don't see how this will help soloQ orn at all, he's more dpendend than ever on his allies putting the extra stats to good use, and i honestly see him beeing played as support as he won't hold his own in a sololane all that well while his main strength are the bossted items past lvl 11 and still the engage ult, which both work as support just as well.
The big issue with orn isn't his shield, nor the ult kockup, it's how much damn damage he does for beeing a CC heavy tank, especially vs bruisers as it's nearly all %hp.
If you want to adress how strong he can be, nerf his damage. lower the W minimum damage, lowers earlygame trade value andwaveclear. Restrict the passive early on more so he doesn't get an easy item advantage over his opponent.
Change the brittle to a much lower %hp value and add some flat damage to it, so getting health actually means something agianst orn and his tripple brittle proc on the all-in is less devastateing.
The nerf on longranged ults still is fine btw, a save engage on that distance is what breaks him for pro.
And if you want to help solo-Q orn, give him some agressive scaleings. All other tanks can get solid value from getting one or two off items, but Orn has no damn (relevant)scaleings at all.
Also, mabye adress grasp as it's a very dominant rune for the laneingphase...
- Sejuani also got some changes, loosing alot utillity, gaining tons of damage, just what you expect from riot then it comes to dealing with damage creep...
Atleast it's thematically fitting for her to pack a punch, but at this point they should just revert her...
- Thalya dominates the jubngle, ~~how about buffing her some more?~~
~~Seriously? WTF is wrong with you guys. I get the worked ground and mana buffs, hardly affects her jungle but helps midlane, but 4sec less CD on lvl 1? That's a massiie boost for clearspeed and early ganks....~~
**Edit: _subsequent Q damage vs Monsters got nerfed aswell, so overall not a buff for jungle thalia_**
- Guinsoo's loosing some on-hit damage, which is kinda fine as it lowers it's power as first item, but getting %hybrid pen? the point of mixed damage is that you're opponents already have issues itemizeing against it, so you pay by not getting pen for it. Also, what's up with throwing anti tank shit on all the big dps multiplyers, firsttruedamage for IE, noe %hybrid-pen for guinsoo's, next you merge rabadons and voidstaff...
Tankiness in the lategame already feels shit, and damage creep is one of the issues you promissed to adress this preseason, yet all i see is giveing all and every thing more anti tank damage while nerfing tankiness...
Also Gionsoo's needs a bigger rework, it's not an healthy item. You should reconsider if phantom hit, atleast in it's current tuening, is a good mechinc to have in the game, and even if it is, it atleast should not be on the big HYBRID item. Guinsoo's trys to fill to many niches at once, beeing the strong hybrid statstick that stacks up with high AS, while also beeign the big multiplyer for hybrid builts while also beeing the supreme on-hit item. You need to split that up and give it a more defined niche, preferable as big hybrid item as that has been it's niche all the way till V6.9
Another direct fuckup on adressing damage-creep. We do not need aditional damage on tank form resolve, we want **MORE TANKINESS FROM RESOLVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**
What probaly is going on at Riot
R1: 'tanks don't get played'
R2: 'yea, they just don't kill stuff wuick enough, that's not fun'
R1: 'guess you're right, so what do we do about it'
R3: 'don't worry guys, new rune will give damage for shields, and we increased the %hp damage on some tanks for good measure aswell'
- Why the fucking Hell do you nerf the warding trinket? The map is allready as pitch black and junglers can gank as they please as you have next to no way of getting enough vision to prevent that. we need MORE vission, not less. MORE!!!
- to round it all up, we also have a nerf to sustain for APs, cutting the ratio on fleetfoodwork nearly in halve for no reason at all, we have a heavy nerf to overgrwoth on anyone but squishys, and the new shrd system has tankstats very undertuned, with less than half the gold value than their agressive counterparts...
So far, the preseason of which i hoped it would get me back into the game looks like it might cause me to finally desinstall it for good after nearly 10years...