Greetings, friends of Shurima!
Azir has been out for a few weeks now and players are still struggling to fully access his power. Partly this is due to strongly undertuned base stats (a problem we're looking to fix with conservative buffs in 4.18), but to a much greater degree the problem is that Azir released with a lot more bugs than we'd normally see on a new champion. We would like to apologize for that--we bit off more than we could chew with a champion of Azir's complexity delivered on a pretty strict deadline (the Shurima event, which of course we didn't want to overlap too much with Worlds). We made the call that a somewhat buggy Azir delivered now would still be better than a much less buggy Azir delivered potentially much later.
Just how buggy was Azir on release? Glad you asked. Here is the list of confirmed bug fixes for 4.18:
* Fixed a bug where two opposing Azirs could click the same turret ruins and create two Sun Discs on top of each other
* Fixed a bug where the clicker to raise the Sun Disc was visible to other players
* Reduced the clickable size of Sun Disc clickers by 20% to avoid accidental clicks
* Added a missing string for spectator mode only in color-blind mode for when a blue-side Sun Disc self destructs.
* FIXED IN THE FUTURE: The Sun Disc doesn't ramp up like a proper turret (fixed in 4.19)
* KNOWN BUT NOT FIXED YET: Attack moving onto a Sun Disc clicker will activate the clicker. This is a bug in the underlying attack move code. The same is true for attack moving onto a Thresh lantern, for instance. We will fix this eventually, but have no ETA yet. Probably not 4.19. Sorry!
* Fixed a bug where moving inactive soldiers into activation range with Conquering Sands would fail to activate their auto attacks properly, leading to 0 damage attacks
* Fixed a bug where soldiers would fail to go through walls
* Fixed a bug where the targeting indicators for Conquering Sands were not constrained to the cast range of the spell
* Fixed a bug where damaging units at the very end of a soldier's movement would fail to apply damage from Azir, leading to failed buff transfers, missing damage attribution in death recap, and buggy interactions with spell on-hit effects such a Rylaj's Crystal Scepter
* Fixed a bug where damaging units at the very end of a soldier's movement would ignore spell shields
* Fixed a bug where dancing would break your soldiers auto attacks
* Fixed a bug where multiple soldiers attacking multiple targets would often lead to soldiers incorrectly applying reduced damage to targets that were only hit by one soldier. This one's a pretty big buff fix.
* FIXED IN THE FUTURE: Soldiers only last 6 seconds on the Crystal Scar until you put a second point into W (when they go to 9s as intended) (consider putting a point into W at level 4 for the time being)
* Fixed a bug where E would sometimes take Azir to the wrong soldier
* Fixed a bug with E not firing when there's only one soldier in the world regardless of where the player's mouse cursor is
* Changed Shifting Sand's behavior when used to go to a soldier currently in transit from Conquering Sands--the soldier now takes Azir along on a magical journey. This is also a pretty noticeable buff.
* Fixed a bug where queueing an E spell cast right after pressing W wouldn't work. Feel free to W+E away now! (Or try W+Q+E for an even cooler combo)
* KNOWN BUT NOT YET FIXED: Azir can leave the platform on the Crystal Scar by using W+Q+E. Hoping to fix for 4.19.
* Fixed a bug where Emperor's Divide would bounce targets multiple times
* Fixed a bug where Emperor's Divide would sometimes cause a target to be pinned against a wall for the full duration
* Fixed a bug where Emperor's Divide would fail to fully bounce targets to the far side of the wall
* Fixed a bug where enemies were able to cross Emperor's Divide by spamming a low cooldown move block such as Ahri's Spirit Rush or Rengar's leap from brush
* Fixed a bug where Emperor's Divide would fail to stop channel abilities
* Fixed a bug where targets knocked into the air by Emperor's Divide were able to cast or attack while airborn
* Fixed a bug where Emperor's Divide would sometimes ignore spell shields and still knock enemies back
* Fixed a bug where Emperor's Divide would break spell shields and still knock enemies back
* Fixed a bug where Emperor's Divide would deal its damage multiple times
* Fixed a bug where Emperor's Divide would play multiple instances of its hit effect against minions, leading to FPS loss for slower machines
* Added a second targetting indicator to Emperor's Divide that communicates that soldiers move forward into position rather than just spawning as a wall
* Fixed a bug where Emperor's Divide would move the Greater Relic on the Crystal Scar
* FIXED IN THE NEAR FUTURE: Fixed a bug where Azir's Emperor's Divide would give Azir kill credit (gold+xp) for invisible minions used as placeholders in many spells (Jayce gate / Lux R / Karthus W being the most noticeable) Will be fixed in a hotfix soon (before 4.19)
Bugs we need help with:
* There are constant reports (and I've certainly seen this myself) of people summoning a soldier, immediately order the soldier to attack, and the attack failing. We cannot reproduce this in isolation though, so there must be something we're missing. If you have any further info here (or a video! A video would be great) please let us know.