A way to introduce a beta for 'Ranked Aram' properly.

This has been covered a few times, of which one was RIOT themselves, in which they then stated they had no plan of creating a ranked version of ARAM at the time. I create this thread as I have an idea as to how it could be done/made so players can all enjoy the 'ranked' gamemode, even though the random aspect is naturally still there. Ranked 3v3 has been around for a while, and it is time that the true fans of Aram get the chance to play with other players who have the intention of giving their everything as well. I would like to make clear that I am not sure if this is the best way to create a ranked version of ARAM, however, I think this would be a way to make it significantly more fun for players, and therefore could reduce the stress an 'unlucky team' could give. This could just as easily be used as a limited time gamemode. I would just like to put the idea out there. My idea here in short is that all (ranked) ARAM players will get the opportunity to create a list of at least 60 champions, or more, for those who want a more classic approach to the Aram formula. These 60 champions will then be randomized every game and one (I do not know if any reroll system could be used here as well) will be picked from these 60 champions. This might sound dumb, could very well be, but hear me out: Riot themselves have took it upon themselves to put every character into several classes, these classes being: Marksman, Assassin, Fighter, Mage, Support and Tank. In my version of ARAM, the 60 champions will be using this system to its advantage. The reason for this is that using this, we can prevent players from completely filling their character list with ranged mages, while at the same time allowing them a lot of personal taste. This means that in a ranked version of ARAM, we could have players enjoy the randomized effect of ARAM, while also not having to endure the frustration of a completely unknown pick/pick that they cannot make proper use of on ARAM. To ensure that players are limited to a certain degree, I thought that it would be best to force players to pick 5 champions from each of RIOTs categories. This means that 30 of their 60 slots are already filled with champions that create a wide selection of champions, making it so that players will still have a minimum of 5/60 chance to play a support champion. This naturally does not mean that they are forced to build support items, as APC Sona is just as viable in ARAM, but it does make it so all champion groups get their chance to shine on the field. The remaining 30 champion picks are then left to the players own personal choice, meaning that an ADC main, is allowed to load all his favorite adcs into these slots, but he will always have a 25/60 chance to not get a classic ADC, while support players will sometimes have to play Assassins. I did not make the rules, ARAM did. ;) I think this will altogether make it so that players can get comfortable with 60 champions on ARAM, which is more than enough to have a very varied experience, while also cutting the 146 champions down to a more fair 60 for those who like to improve on all their champs. The random aspect is a bit more limited and the 'worthless' champions can be taken out by those who did not like them in normal ARAM. Naturally, the player can change his 60 champions whenever he feels like it. I will now demonstrate what my personal list would look like: Assassins: {{champion:105}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:107}} {{champion:76}} Fighters: {{champion:75}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:68}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:254}} Mages: {{champion:30}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:518}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:115}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:143}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:517}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:136}} {{champion:4}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:127}} {{champion:103}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:60}} {{champion:90}} ->(Every mage except for Taliyah and Syndra since I do not like those) Marksmen: {{champion:119}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:498}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:203}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:133}} Supports: {{champion:37}} {{champion:267}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:427}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:412}} {{champion:350}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:432}} {{champion:16}} Tanks: {{champion:31}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:27}} {{champion:98}} Total amount of champions: 92. I personally went far over the minimum of 60 champions because I enjoy the diversity. The nice thing about having no upper limit is that you can also work away the odds of getting something you dont want (assassin by force in my case, which is why I have the required 5 in the list) by having a high number of other champions you wouldn't mind playing. You can also take just 60 champions to maximize the chance of getting the one champion you enjoy the most. TL;DR: I suggest testing a 'ranked' version of Aram where the player still has the random aspect of Aram, but it being less frustrating due to a personalized champion pool Kind regards, Khanzax
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel