I can't be the only person thinking this obvious truth, right?

Crowd Control should not be the only counterplay to a champion, and if that's the only counterplay there is to that specific champion, then that's not okay, nor is that balanced. That simple. For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfhDn6x-h9c ^ 5:41 ^ I am not trying to say that everybody that plays Master Yi is as good as Cowsep, I am just making a point. Anyways, there is a clip of Cowsep 1v5 getting a pentakill. Yes, he is fed. Yes, Cowsep is (obviously) experienced with Master Yi. But he really doesn't really _outplay_ anybody in this clip. He does what any player with a brain would do. He auto attacks whatever champion was near him, and presses E and Q when they were up. That's literally all he did besides flash once to be in range. Not only that, but his Q makes him untargetable. You could argue that he does anticipate any CC they are gonna throw at him, but when he auto attacks so quickly that his Q resets every few seconds, it becomes very difficult to land any CC at all. Especially when, unlike Master Yi, most CC is in some way, shape or form, a skillshot that you can't just point and click land it on them. I don't normally just sit and complain about champions like that, but I hate when people say "Just CC him." That isn't counterplay. That shouldn't be the only way you can kill someone, fed or not. Unless you're Galio or Maokai, your CC can and will be avoided. Master yi running you down and using a point and click ability to either dodge damage, cc, close a gap, or do all three, for the most part, is unavoidable. Especially considering the type of champion he is. What does Master Yi and Yasuo have in common? You can make them 0/8 in 15 minutes for all they care. But soon enough, they're going to get their core items. Soon, Master Yi will get rageblade and bloodrazor. Soon, Yasuo will have 100% crit. Then they can outduel anybody in the game. Then you need a joint effort of everybody in your team to take them down, even though they were feeding their ass off most of the game. Yi isn't the only champion who's only counterplay when they hit their level/item spike is to "just CC them" (He's just the most obvious culprit) {{champion:105}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:238}}. **Crowd Control should not be the only counterplay to a champion, and if that's the only counterplay there is to that specific champion, then that's not okay, nor is that balanced.**
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel