Anyone else a little upset about the support Brand thing?

Dark Horses: Support Brand
Welcome to Dark Horses, where we dive deep, looking for your sleeper picks and why they might be ready to wake up. This go round, we're lighting a fire under Support Brand. Ignite duo lanes with Brand's signature mix of damage, crowd control and damage. Sustain? That's for wimps.
Now, I'm not saying it's bad or anything. I like that one of my favorite heroes is getting some publicity. My problem more comes from the fact that they're calling for Brand to be in the support role. Basically, what it comes down to is that the problem we've been seeing in League for years now (The insanely high mobility and champions who pay very little for the mobility they've got) are pushing out champions for the roles they were original designed for. Annie, Morgana, Lux, even Vel'Koz, one of the more recently designed champs to be an AP Mid has been left the support role because he can't keep up with everyone else having dashes, jumps, leaps and movement without paying a harsh price for it. And now even Brand is being forced into the mix. Now I'm not saying they CAN'T be in the support role. Hell, I rather LIKE the idea of a champion being able to fit into multiple roles and do them alright if not well enough to have it being an option (ADC Thresh and Bruiser Cho'gath are two in particular I enjoy to see.) My problem more comes for the fact that while Riot HAS been listening and they've been making sure that champions pay for their mobility a bit more, there's still the fact that Champions in general do NOT pay for the amount of mobility they've got. Champions like Leblanc, Lee Sin, Zed and others need to pay, dearly I might add, for the ammount of mobility they offer. Or if they're not going to, the limited mobility champions, the Annies, and Brands and anyone else who can't can't hop around like a monkey on steroids needs to be powered up. They need to be able to deal with insane mobility by either having a stronger over all effects on their abilities or just flat out more damage. TL:DR: Mobility champs do NOT pay enough for their mobile natures, and are pushing out any champion without mobility into roles they were not initially designed for. Said immobile champs NEED to be looked at and given something to keep up OTHER then slapping mobility on them.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel