Would it be better to make Ryze a spell-based juggernaut?

I believe a lot of the champion balance issues in the game can be fixed by simply deciding what class the champion should be. Riot has tried this before, ["Dev Blog: Classes & Subclasses](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/gameplay/dev-blog-classes-subclasses), but the probem is that I don't think it's anywhere near complete. For example "Marksmen" is not a subclass, proper subclasses would be spell based champs like ezreal and auto attackers like jinx. With this in Mind what would we classify Ryze as? Ryze has been a problem for many years now and I think a good solution would be moving him away from the burst mage style he has now of short cooldown high burst while being squishy, and moving him more towards being a spell based juggernaut. The current list of juggernauts are {{champion:266}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:102}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:83}} Now there a lot of possibilities to do this and many could work, but I think a good way to do it would be: Lower attack range from 550 ({{champion:202}}, {{champion:99}}, {{champion:60}} ) to 450 ({{champion:8}} , {{champion:412}}, {{champion:25}}), making him much less of a bully in lane and forcing him to be closer to farm. E changed to be a skillshot, very similar to a Karthus or Urgot Q. For every ability that procks his E mark, he gains some spell vamp, helping him stay in fights longer the more he ramps up. It marks everyone in the small area, meaning if you hit multiple champions in something like an Orianna ult wombo, you will be fully stacked very fast. Only stacks on champions and large monsters. Remove the mana scalings from his base abilities and make his spells cost much less mana, forcing him to still build mana if he wants to have sustain, but making it so he doesn't have to just build full mana builds to be able to use his abilities more than a few times. Change his ult completely, it currently has little to no synergy with his kit. Change his passive. Remove the reset mechanic on his Q and give it scaling cooldown (right now it is base 6 the entire game) Lower range of his abilities (Q currently has 1000 range, change to something like 600, W and E are 615 each, change to 350) (whatever works, just lower a lot), goes hand in hand with his auto range being lowered so he's not just picked as an annoying lane bully. Make his base stats better, a lot tankier so he can actually 1v1 other juggernauts if he lands his abilities and plays it well. The allure of Ryze is his short cooldown spell spamming and the way they are trying to balance him now is an issue of feast or famine, which is not fun to play against or as and only creates more issues down the road with micro changes to try and band aid his feast or famine kit. These changes don't have to be exact, but I think it moves in the right direction. What do you guys think?
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel