A summary of all the issues (according to the players) for Riot.

Hi I've been stalking the boards a lot since the preseason started, and there is definitely more negative feedback than positive, so I've decided to make a quick summary of all the issues for Riot to see. 1. **The blue essence system is very unwelcomed.** - Whether or not the numbers add up in the long run, and you do make more BE than you would IP .. the system feels very unrewarding the way it's set up. Leveling is becoming a chore, instead of an enjoyable grind. Many people don't seem to like the RNG factor of BE gains you get, and if you end up needing 50-150 BE for a champion you want, you have to play 10 more games to level up, just to get it. 2. **Turrets are ridiculously weak.** - Even before preseason this was a complaint that seemed to just get thrown under the rug each time it was brought to the surface. Personally, I believe that a turret should be a safe haven for you; something you feel safe underneath (if you're losing lane hard or the enemy decides to bring 3-4 people), but it's not. Now instead of trying to protect a tower vs 3 people, you know it's better to just back off cause it's becoming impossible to win against tower dives now. Mechanics and strategy should be rewarded when you tower dive, but now all you have to do is stick a level 6 tank underneath it, he tanks 3-5 shots, and walks away with half his health left. 3. **Games are too short/snowball too quickly.** - This has been happening since the beginning of season 7 and I think even before that as well. I do agree that having a 40-50 minute game every game would get old, and thus I'm glad that they are shortening it from that amount.. however now every game feels like when one team gets ahead, they stay ahead. This just isn't the right approach to a game like League. Most of the genuine excitement this game offers, is the crazy and unpredictable teamfights, the comebacks, and knowing good teamwork can defeat 1 or 2 really good players. I think they are ignoring this a little too much, and if you don't want to drastically change it, at least fix it up to make it so laning phase doesn't decide the game. 4. **New runes and masteries have everyone doing too much damage.** - This kind of goes with #3, but it's definitely a reoccurring topic on the boards. Some people are enjoying this change, they feel like instead of having a few broken champions, now they can all be broken, which turns into a balanced game. My personal opinion on this issue is that the more damage > the shorter the games > the less excitement .. so I think they do need to reduce some damage or add some more defensive stats so that every damage champ doesn't feel like it's supposed to be a burst champion. 5. **The Riot company feeling like it's becoming more and more neglectful.** - My opinion on this one is not that strong, however there are some things I've noticed over time. Too many people feel like Riot just doesn't care anymore. This game has gotten huge since it first came out, with eSports, merchandise, the number of players has increased dramatically.. I mean you can't talk to a gamer anymore without them knowing (or playing) League of Legends. I love that this game has had so much success, because it really is an amazing game and it's not difficult to fall in love with it. Success is great, but Riot, you don't want to be a company who gets big and then stops caring about your players. Just because there are opportunities to make more money doesn't mean it's always the best way to go. There are so many people who've been with this game for 5+ years, we are here cause we love the game and we don't want to go anywhere else. Treat us like your children/friends/family ... not like customers. As EA has shown us, even a loved company can become despised because of greed for money. If this post goes well, I will make another one in a month or 2 stating the positives/fixes or some more negatives if it continues to go that route. If you disagree with what I've said, please don't take it personally.. feel free to voice your opinion and let me know how you feel. TL:DR- 1. The blue essence system is very unwelcomed. 2. Turrets are ridiculously weak. 3. Games are too short/snowball too quickly. 4. New runes and masteries have everyone doing too much damage. 5. The Riot company feeling like it's becoming more and more neglectful. We love this game, and this company.. we just want everything to feel better for everyone. =) {{sticker:vlad-salute}}
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel