3/21 PBE Rumble changes (+ runes): Something I can get behind, but...

3/21 PBE Update: Irelia Tweaks, New Emotes, & More
WIP!] [STATUS: PBE is up! Working!] The PBE has been updated! As we continue the 8.7 PBE cycle, today's patch includes more Irelia tweaks, new emotes, tentative balance changes, and more! Continue reading for more information!
Hello and good morning everyone! Well, I wouldn't be suprised if someone expected me to covet this the second the latest PBE update rolled out, and here I am,rambling as always about a champion so forgotten that people forget to include him in the lists of most forgotten champions. But hey, someone has to do it. Cutting to the chase, the latest Rumble changes that read: **Flamespitter (Q) ** **damage increased from 135/180/225/270/315 to 175/210/245/280/315** **damage to minions changed from 75% to 60/65/70/75/80%** Compared to the changes from previous cycle, this seems a lot more reasonable. It actually pinpoints Rumble's current problem which is lack of early kill pressure and this massive buff might be enough to offset the healing from DShield/Second Wind, and the minion damage scaling with rank is also a neat addition (I'm especially glad that it's a thing given it's something I wanted to see implemented for a while now). Overall, this is a bit better, as it does help Rumble with what he's currently struggling, and here I'd also like to highlight some of the rune changes that also work in Rumble's favour: **Approach Velocity (I4)** **Movement speed increased from 10% to 15%** **Absolute Focus (S3)** **Tooltip now notes "Grants 3 Attack Damage or 5 Ability Power at level 1. ** Both of these buffs also work in Rumble's favour, as these runes are actually good on him, it's just that they were rather inferior to the staples at the time (mainly speaking about Celerity and old Perfect Timing) now that Absolute Focus and Approach Velocity are both getting buffed, making them more attractive, both emphasize these Rumble buffs even further, which is giving the little guy actual kill pressure back. They still might be not strong enough to compete with other rune choices, but it's still great to see them buffed a bit. Still though, despite these changes don't feel like they might be enough to push Rumble into actual decent state, it might be that either these changes are a bit too tame (I'd personally up the minion damage slightly at all ranks or make the scaling per rank higher), or feel somewhat incomplete, like there was something more coming in the next patches. Nonetheless, I'm glad that the Rumble changes got delayed to 8.7, since this gave Riot a chance to get it right, and they did, sort of. Either way, I'm feeling like the future looks a bit brighter now for Rumble and I'm looking forward to seeing more, if there is more... hopefully there is.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel