Official thread towards banning new champs in Ranked.

Hey all, I've seen this topic all the time, mostly just posts of rage, or it just gets ignored completely ... however, considering that we have not 1, but 2 new champs right now... What is your opinion? Should new champs be disabled from Ranked matches? If so, how long? If not, why not? My personal opinion is that they should be disabled for at least a week from ranked (maybe even 2 weeks) because ranked is supposed to be a serious game with champs that you've practiced for weeks/months . Nobody 'mains' a new champ no matter what bs story they want to give you. There is a normal queue and a ranked queue for a reason, and I don't think it's too much to ask for a little courtesy in ranked to play champs you are familiar with. Do people win, get fed, and carry with the new champs sometimes? Yea it happens, but the bottom line is that the 10% of people who are actually pretty good with the new champs, the other 90% have no idea what to do in teamfights, what items to build, or what skills to level up... it's actually very noticeable in game. Disabling the new champs for 1-2 weeks in ranked queues isn't that horrible, and by that time you should at least have some idea how to use them.
Share

We're testing a new feature that gives the option to view discussion comments in chronological order. Some testers have pointed out situations in which they feel a linear view could be helpful, so we'd like see how you guys make use of it.

Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel