Am I the only one who thinks Illaoi's E counterplay is a bit one-sided/one-dimensional? Thoughts?

I'm kind of confused as to why there is no way to mitigate the damage from being a vessel after being hit with the E. Either you stay in range and hope your spirit doesn't die, and still take damage, or you get out of range and start spawning tentacles under tower, at base, or in fountain or wherever else you think you can hide. Nowhere is safe when you're a vessel. After thoroughly enjoying the changes to Nidalee's Javelin Toss width (it's not 400 units wide anymore), I am honestly worried that the only real counterplay to the Yowie's (because Illaoi looks like a magical australian sasquatch imo) E is the old "dodge the spear" approach. Don't get me wrong, I love the mechanic of rewarding someone who lands a skillshot with damage and it's cool that her passive Prophet of the Elder God could be figured in, but when they're 1800 units away getting damaged by tentacles under their own tower (that towers can't attack, btw) ...Idk. That seems a bit dumb to me.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel