@RiotRepertoir, I think you're on the right track with Skarner, however...

I'm happy to see that Skarner is getting some love in this next upcoming patch. Most of these changes will make him a more reliable and effective skirmishing... scorpion... thing... Frankly I'm happy to see most of these changes. The one thing that was holding me back from playing Skarner frequently was the fact that, in his current state, he's a sub-optimal jungler and his cc is reliant on his ability to stick to a target for extended periods of time. The on-hit stun being moved to his E was a brilliant way to make his gank potential far more effective without making him overbearing. His CC is reliant on a slow moving skillshot rather than having to get off 3 abilities and a clunky auto attack within close proximity to an enemy champion, so kudos to you buddy! _**My only concern is:**_ The crystal capturing mechanic is... less than appealing. From what it seems like, it limits Skarner to jungling exclusively. On top of this, crystal locations are set and static, making them easy targets for enemy players. While I'm sure this is intended, it seems to be a hindrance for the Skarner player. Assuming they're jungling, it adds another thing to his _**"Sh!t to do"**_ list on top of ganking, farming, holding a lane, etc. In a game where 4v5 or mega-feeding situations run rampant, I feel like the crystal-hunting aspect of Skarner would hurt him more than it would help him. Or at the very least become a noob-trap priority that leaves laners without ganks and Skarner running around the jungle counting his rocks and trying to bait fights in his crystal zones, which is easier said than done, only to have them stolen mid-fight. _**Proposed change:**_ **Current: ** _~~Skarner’s presence causes crystals to spawn in set locations around the map. Crystals can be captured by either team by standing on top of them. Capturing prevents them from being captured by the opposing team for 15 seconds.~~ _ **Revised:** _Skarner's presence causes crystals to spawn in the jungle near random jungle camps around Skarner's team's side of the map. Crystals can be captured by either team by standing on top of them. Capturing prevents them from being captured by the opposing team for 15 seconds. Crystals will despawn 1 minute after their corresponding camp's 'big' monster has been slain and a new crystal will spawn elsewhere. Up to 2 crystals may be active at once. _ The goal with this revision is to encourage Skarner to hunt crystals and vary his jungle pattern from the stale Krugs>Red>Chickens or Gromp>Blue>Red/Wolves route. This provides Skarner a potential reprieve from counter-junglers predicting his route while also granting more aggressive junglers ({{champion:80}} go geddem buddy!) the opportunity to snag a crystal, find out where he is, and bludgeon him to death in his own jungle. **TL;DR** Skarner's passive is lackluster and is a bunch of extra work for sub-par reward. I'd like it to be a bit more focused on his jungle, opening up opportunity for him to vary his jungle route while still offering enemies the opportunity to slow/stop his roll. Thanks for taking the time to read (if you did), I'd love feedback on this to hear what people think :) **_Aegis of Zeonia_**
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel