Riot, if you want to stop losing players, it's time to clean house

I hate to call out people in public who doubtlessly give their best effort all the time, but I don't think anybody (them included) could even fault me at this point. And with good reason. I'm pretty sure we're at least 2 years past that. So let's get down to brass tacks: Just **_how many times_** has the balance team made the same mistake over and _over_ and _**over**_ again? What do I mean exactly? Well, I mean 2 things: 1. How many times do you have to waste months of time and resources reworking the same champions over and over because every attempt at balance just makes them worse than they were before? We're on **what** iteration of {{champion:13}}? He's currently holding the distinct honor of _**worst champion in two different roles on this patch.**_ I'm pretty sure {{champion:7}} is back on the drawing board after what...a year since her rework? And then let's not forget {{champion:268}} who is a relatively new release, yet totally unplayable. Are you even going to _**bother**_ trying to deal with the monstrosity that you turned {{champion:82}} into? It's been almost 2 years since you waved the white flag after his reincarnation as a bot laner and dumped him in the trash heap. How many times will you have to redo {{champion:6}} if his rework ever gets done? **_How about that _**{{champion:266}} **_rework huh?_** His play rate isn't even 1% after 2 patches of work on him. You only let him be viable for about a month and a half back in season 5 before you nerfed him back into the same don't-ever-pick-this-champ dumpster he's been trapped in since Season 2. All this wasted time could be far better spent working on outdated champs like {{champion:23}} the right-click wonder or giving {{champion:54}} either an actual laning phase or more than 1 relevant spell to cast in teamfights. Heck, why don't we throw _**everybody**_ for a loop and make {{champion:17}} more than an auto-loss for the first time since you nerfed his ultimate by 30% AP? 2. You have this pattern of making new champs/reworks _**mechanically**_ unfair to play against, then if you try to bring them down to match other champs, have to nerf them to the point of uselessness because your core champion design was absurd to start with. Where do I start on this one? Oh...how about...{{champion:82}} {{champion:421}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:427}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:102}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:136}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:203}} Is that enough of a list? Every single one of those champs hinges on a fine line of nerfs/buffs that either makes them never-pick or must-ban. There is no in-between with these champs. And in every case it is because their core design was an unadaptable failure. "Hey, what if we give an ADC infinite dashes?" "Hey, what if we take a mage and just make his AP ratios so high that our only alternative is to make all his spells hit in at least 2 stages?" "What if we rework Kog'Maw and then have to revert it because he's either a free win or a free loss?". I could go on through this entire list. And I haven't even touched the champs like {{champion:28}} {{champion:60}} or {{champion:64}} who completely ruin the jungle meta for anything not horrifically overtuned for not being in the aforementioned 3 champs we see in the top tier. 2 of those 3 have been the top-tier jg for _**every single season since season 3. BOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNG**_. "Oh, gee. I wonder what new and exciting pick I'm going to see TSM choose this ga-{{champion:64}} {{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:60}} {{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:60}} {{champion:64}}{{champion:64}}{{champion:60}} {{champion:64}}{{champion:60}} {{champion:2}} I sure hope you don't wonder why you're losing veteran players. I haven't even scratched the surface yet, but this is probably enough to keep you busy for at least a year.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel