Why Karma Should Be Able to Shield Minions. And Why not.

[](http://www.team-dignitas.net/uploads/tinymce/images/inspire.jpg) > **Inspire (E)** > * Shield value lowered to **70/100/130/160/190** from **~~80/110/140/170/200~~** * Can no longer shield minions. * ** Mantra Bonus - Defiance (R+E)** now has same movement speed as E shield (**40/45/50/55/60%**) instead of** ~~60%~~**. Those changes are currently on the PBE. After {{champion:64}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:44}}, Karma is the next in line to have her ability to heal/shield minions removed. However, there has been a decent outrage in the Karma community over this (2-3 new threads a day). I will try to shortly highlight the **pros (leave it)** and **cons (remove it)** for ~~Brtain leaving the EU~~ Karma's minion shielding. ______________________ # ( + ) Targeting a minion with RE allows you to better aim/distribute the effect. As many Karma veterans will tell you, you frequently run into situations in which you can not reach everyone with your RE, unless you target a minion. This - in their opinion - shows a decent amount of Karma mastery and rewards good thinking. It is also reminiscent of Old Karma and her last direct minion interaction (she used to be able to shield, heal, speed, slow them and use them as anchor point to deal damage). _____________________ # ( - ) You can accidentally shield a minion instead of a champion. In the hasty game of LoL you aren't always on point with your spells, even point-and-click spells. And in a crowd it's sometimes hard enough to shield the correct champion, so if an ally cuddles with minions, it is sometimes really awkward and embarassing. Karma fans will counter this point by offering the following solutions: **(A)** Use alt+E to shield yourself **(B)** use the "target champion only" button (defaullt "^") **(C)** Use the champion portraits to cast E or **(D)** Git gud. ___________________ # ( + ) You can push towers more easily Toplane Karma usually struggles with pushing towers (also Midlane Karma, to some extent). To make up for her lacking towerdamage and mediocre waveclear, you can shield the correct minions to make them survive the enemy minions, or tank 1-2 extra towershots. Karma fans will argue, that knowing when to shield the correct minion and when not to, requires decent game knowledge and skill. _______________________ # ( - ) Directly denying minions Riot is strongly opposed to direct CS denial. I am not sure about the exact argument for and against this, but we must acknowledge that this is Riot's goal. My guess is, that they think that laning phase is already challenging enough with vision, CSing and trading, so you don't need this as well. Granting CS denial to only _certain_ champions might be problematic too. However, we also have to keep in mind, that Braum, Yasuo and Teemo have more efficient ways of denying CS, that do not impact their ressources/options as negatively as they do for Karma. > # What do you think? Now that you know the argument, I'd love to hear what you think. If you don't have the time, just vote in the poll. I'd love to see if there is a difference between people playing her (~having her in the top 5 most played champions) or playing against her (everyone else). If you wanna see more indepth discussions, here are the most popular threads so far: * [In regards to the Karma changes on the PBE (From the player with the 3rd most Karma games NA)](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/AHfX1IAG-in-regards-to-the-karma-changes-on-the-pbe-from-the-player-with-the-3rd-most-karma-games-na) (25 upvotes) * [The Karma Changes Are Missing the Point. Here Is why!](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/Zx8VXjlO-the-karma-changes-are-missing-the-point-here-is-why) (51 upvotes) * [@Riot; In regards to Karma shielding minions, use the Lulu/Lee Sin minion-shielding changes instead.](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/8yehUEeQ-riot-in-regards-to-karma-shielding-minions-use-the-lululee-sin-minion-shielding-changes-instead) (6 upvotes) > # BONUS TOPIC: RE for speedburst? What some ~~Karma plebs~~ incexperienced Karma players didn't know is, that you can cast RE on lvl1 for the full 60% movespeed burst. For midlane, this meant the option to speed away with slightly more shield and 60% instead of 40% MS. This was one of the very few occasions you could use RE in a sololane. So I am wondering; do you mind if this option gets removed? Does it matter to you, if sololane Karma never uses RE until the teamfights? And/or do you think it's okay if Karma predominantly uses only one Mantra option for the whole laning phase? I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I am curious about this too.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel