This game is more about picks than skills

Now with the smallest pick advantage, you're guaranteed a win in that lane instead slowly evening out with the enemy laner. That small advantage in champion kit will snowball into a large gold advantage by five minutes because there is absolutely no counter play. I can guarantee if the enemy is a Yasuo and I choose J4 to counterpick him, I'd win the lane 9/10, but if I pick J4 and enemy pick Zed, I'd lose the lane 8/10. Not because our skills our different, just because of how fast it is to snowball from having a kit advantage. Before I hear the usual excuse of "If you main a champ, you'll beat someone first timing a counter-pick" I'd have to say that is extremely biased. In the scenarios of laning, this would be the most common outcome You're a main - Enemy is a counter pick main -> You lose lane You're a main - Enemy is adequate at counter pick -> It's a fifty-fifty You're a main - Enemy is first timing a counter pick -> You win lane You're adequate - Enemy is a counter pick main -> You lose lane You're adequate - Enemy is adequate at counter pick -> You lose lane You're adequate -Enemy is first timing a counter pick -> It's a fifty-fifty depending on the skill floor of champion You first time - Enemy is a counter pick main -> You lose lane You first time - Enemy is adequate at counter pick -> You lose lane You first time - Enemy is first timing a counter pick -> You lose lane Where you can see the lane is lost 6/9 times with 2/9 being a fifty and the final 1/9 where you would win the lane. Anytime the 4/5 member of the team was counter-picked, it's better to dodge than to play and hope your teammates skill surpasses the champion advantage of the enemy.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel