Redesign Diana. BUT! With no numbers!

So, I'm not a designer, obviously. But! I've seen a lot of Diana threads pop up, and indeed she is on our list of low-hanging fruit on the potential gameplay update of the ChampUP team but she's not a priority at the moment. I'm actually jamming with Vesh and one of our new dudes, Paul, just ideating on stuff for a potential update. She's obviously close to my heart, so any discussion surrounding her peaks my interest. Many times, discussions say fighter Diana, some say Assassin Diana, but a lot of what I see on the forums focus around numbers. Thing is, a lot of our design internally focuses on creating holistic characters and cohesive themes, not just a walking spread sheet of base stats augmented by QWER mashing. SO! Community, I present a challenge. Make Diana a kit, **but don't use numbers. ** Whether you take from her current kit, give her an entirely new kit, or change the order/effect of her existing kit, dandy. Just don't get into the nitty gritty. In this scenario, granularity is the enemy. Take a look at theme. How does the moon create an opportunity for this character's play style? Does moonlight application open up different abilities? Does she make the entire map dark aside from a single AOE damage zone? Does she have an entirely resource system different than mana? Is she a symbol of grace and uses her blade as sword play? Think about it. Think about synergy and the completeness of the experience. Think about Diana as a person, as a character through which you can feel is expressing her personality, motivation and core characteristics through her mechanics, not just an icon that's a series of numbers. I'm interested to see the suggestions :)
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel