Ryze's Build

So, according to champion.gg a finished build for Ryze looks like: {{item:3040}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3089}} {{item:3135}} {{item:3157}} {{item:3165}} Which (at level 18 with Manaflow Band) will give you: 730 AP 3959 mana 30% CDR But I did some experimentation in Practice Tool to find the best stat combination, and here are my most notable findings: {{item:3040}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3089}} {{item:3135}} {{item:3285}} {{item:3027}} 862 AP 5580 mana 30% CDR All around better scaling, and the increase to the shield plus health from RoA may make the added defense from Morello and Zhonya's unnecessary. The downside is that you have to wait 10 minutes after finishing RoA. Which is why people don't even buy RoA on him normally any more. It just isn't stronger quick enough. **** {{item:3040}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3089}} {{item:3135}} {{item:3285}} {{item:3285}} 859 AP 5861 mana 40% CDR That's right, two Luden's Echoes. This build has the highest scaling of all the builds I tested, because the higher mana puts all your abilities just a bit higher than they would be with RoA. And additionally, it maxes out your CDR unlike his usual build or the RoA build. So the AP and mana would actually be even higher with Transcendence. But of course, the downside is that you're paying full Luden's price for only one Luden's passive. **** {{item:3040}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3089}} {{item:3135}} {{item:3285}} {{item:3030}} 844 AP 5830 mana 40% CDR The scaling is roughly equivalent to the RoA build, so it slightly loses out in scaling when compared to the double Luden's, but makes up for that in three ways. First, it has the same benefit of being better than RoA earlier. Second, GLP is significantly cheaper than Luden's, so you can finish it much sooner. And third, you have both GLP's active _and_ Luden's passive. So your burst damage will actually be higher and you'll have extra CC. Plus it has the same extra 10% CDR as the double Luden's build. **Based on my testing, I'd say this is actually what people should be building on Ryze. (with GLP second). It would require some in-game testing, but I think the added shield amount and uptime from the scaling and CDR would make lacking Morello's and Zhonya's not matter. ** **** Some side notes: * I specifically did not use Transcendence, but it would push the damage of the builds that reach 40% higher anyway, so the conclusion remains. * I tried fooling around with Liandry's, but building for scaling and having Void Staff ended up with higher DPS even despite the practice dummy's insane HP. * I tried just a bunch of Luden's, but of course lacking Void and Rabadan's made it incredibly weak even compared to the normal build. * All three lost chapter items are actually gold efficient even when you don't include HASTE from two of them, so stacking them doesn't hinder the build. * I did try Spellbinder in the build, but it ended up being weaker than the three others.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel