The TL;DW of this video, although it's a good vid and highly recommend watching:
* There's no real way to tell "how" tanky someone is because all you see is an HP bar (A 5k HP Ashe is less tanky than a 3k HP Rammus, for example)
* Base Stats wildly fluctuate and don't always make sense. (Supports have the worst magic damage defense like Rakan and Braum)
* Base Stats only had work put into them in the start of the game's life. (2009 or so)
* Base Stats can help push champions towards intended roles. (Ekko with low defense stats prevents tank Ekko)
* In his ideal design, there are a handful of "Templates" for stats (Tank, Bruiser, ADC, etc)
* HP, HP/lvl and HP regen are the main fine-tuning area.
Don't have much to say. Just thought the video was pretty neat.