A post that explains why Shaco needs buffs to compete with other assassins,history,comparisons etc

Hello, I am GrãñðmãstêrShãçø and I am here to talk about my favorite champion {{champion:35}} , here I will explain all of his current problems including bugs, lack of damage and a bunch of direct/indirect nerfs that have slowly accumulated and made him a bad champion. To make sure that this post doesn't become a death sentence to those who are against buffing Shaco, Chicken Wrap will moderate it to make the discussion have a point. **1. The Indirect and Direct Nerfs to Shaco** Before I start explaining all the nerfs I would like to list them so they can be viewed in an easier fashion. **Indirect nerfs to Shaco:** Electrocute being changed to be better for the laning phase The Dark Harvest rework The increase on Tiamat's price Ninja Tabis autoattack damage reduction from 10%-12% The addition of a shield to Phantom Dancer Karma, Morgana and LeBlanc having true sight XP nerfs to the Jungle Ignite nerf to be better in lane The ability to buy Oracle's Alteration on lvl 1 Duskblade damage reduced from 30-200 to 30-150 **Direct nerfs to Shaco:** E physical damage changed to magic damage (Patch 7.13) Q changes: Empowered basic attack delay after exiting stealth reduced to 0.25 seconds from 2.5. Cooldown reduction stills trigger within 2.5 seconds.(Patch 8.7) Bonus AD ratio reduced to 40% bonus AD from 70%. (Also Patch 8.7) The Rework Overall (Patch 6.22) Nerfing of his Clone's explosion damage from 300/450/600 to 200/300/400 Boxes dealing 50% of their damage to turrets instead of 100% His E no longer slowing the attackspeed of minions and monsters Shaco can no longer recall invisible (Patch 9.14) And many, many more from the rework that are still a problem to Shaco to this very day, I might have missed a few, but this are more or less all the things that have resulted in Shaco's current state So, after these have been listed above I shall explain how they affected Shaco: **Indirect nerfs:** Electrocute being changed to be better for the laning phase: Junglers and Shaco used Electrocute to burst down their targets, but after it being changed to be used more for trades rather then for burst it was no longer as good on Shaco as it was before because he is an assassin after all. The Dark Harvest rework: This keystone was before the rework was more or less a saving grace for Shaco because it was the one that ultimately allowed him to accomplish his goal which was the assassination of high priority targets, but now it is barely usable on Shaco and more or less other champions except from some laners or supports that take it, some that I have seen are Katarina and Brand. The increase on Tiamat's price: This one, was very monumental because some Shaco players had to change their runes, some their setups from potions to beads and so on, but that is the minor part, the reason why it was SO monumental is because it is Shaco's first item that he buys on his first back and it allows him to clear Krugs, to proc Electrocute more easily and to overall allow him to use his time better rather than farming. Ninja Tabis autoattack damage reduction from 10%-12%: To counter Shaco and most of his burst, one simply needs to buy Ninja Tabis to completely screw him over because Shaco relies on his passive and the Duskblade/double Duskblade procc to assassinate his enemies quickly and efficiently instead of him being rendered completely useless and being forced to splitpush. The addition of a shield to Phantom Dancer: Just like Ninja Tabis Shaco's already low damage output gets lowered by this even more not much to say here to be honest. Karma, Morgana and LeBlanc having true sight: What good is stealth for when one can just use an ability to neglect your approach to them. XP nerfs to the Jungle: An assassin MUST be ahead to assassinate his enemies, now Shaco is forced to killsteal, to steal his laners xp from minions just to keep up or be 1 level ahead, this also forces Shaco to go berserkers to clear as many camps in as little time as possible to go to lanes killsteal, push and take experience. Ignite nerf to be better in lane: Shaco, doesn't use flash because he has a blink on his Q so he takes ignite to strengthen his pathetically weak early game, after the changes it is worse but is still a must have on Shaco. The ability to buy Oracle's Alteration on level 1: Early invades are easier, top and support Shaco are way easier to counter and are sometimes rendered useless because of that. Duskblade damage reduced from 30-200 to 30-150: Shaco is the jungler that tries to rush this item as soon as possible because he can procc it twice with his Q and R, but since it's damage was nerfed so was Shaco's aswell, because Shaco NEEDS and FEEDS OFF the strength of the items he buys, especially Duskblade. ** Direct nerfs to Shaco: **E physical damage changed to magic damage (Patch 7.13) : Most of assassins have an ability that does damage opposite of what they are building to make sure that their enemies have a harder time itemizing against them, whether it is Rengar's W or Jarvan's E (some classify him as a bruiser or an assassin, I classify him as the latter), Shaco also had his E that dealt magic damage and made it easier for him to assassinate people, but since it has been changed to physical damage AP Shaco suffers and AD Shaco suffers because the enemy decided to buy Ninja Tabi Q changes: Empowered basic attack delay after exiting stealth reduced to 0.25 seconds from 2.5. Cooldown reduction stills trigger within 2.5 seconds.(Patch 8.7): Where to start, I guess to say the least Shaco has literally to be above his enemies to make use of his extra damage but in the early game this can be a problem because Shaco usually puts 2 or 3 points into his Q to make up for his weak ganks and to get all the possible damage. Bonus AD ratio reduced to 40% bonus AD from 70%. (Also Patch 8.7): Less damage on Q and yet again, harder to assassinate. Nerfing of his Clone's explosion damage from 300/450/600 to 200/300/400: This was a big thing, because it would show a difference between a good Shaco and a bad one, if one microed the Clone correctly the enemy would take a lot of damage from his explosion and Shaco could very well, outplay them. The Rework: The frustration over this made many Shaco players outright quit LoL, many had to completely adapt since he was no longer the early game beast that was loved and this along with Duskblade made Shaco the oneshotting machine that he is today and that is unfun to play against, the stealth was added removing so much counterplay to him(usually you could just see him with a Control ward next to you), I would dare to call it a second greatest fuckup that Riot has done of the reworks. It also killed so much viability with his builds, RIP Bruiser Shaco, AP Shaco, Tank Shaco and Critical Hit Shaco Shaco can no longer recall invisible: One of the few animation cancels Shaco had, pressing Q and B in a quick succession to make Shaco recall invisible for the duration of the Q was a great outplay tool, but apparently it was a bug and it has been patched even though it has been in the game since 2009 aka since THE RELEASE. **2. The Bugs ** Honestly, with every patch Shaco has been getting buggier and buggier, other Shaco players have already talked about them so I will link their posts about it, Lexy123's post has videos of them happening so you are free to look at them, a few have been fixed of these if any List of Bugs and a List of Proposed Changes to Shaco by Desperate Shaco: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/VsV12H7a-shaco-is-in-dire-need-of-bug-fixes-and-changes List of Bugs and Videos to Accompany the former by Lexy123: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/bug-report/KKllaxb6-list-of-all-shaco-bugs-ranked-explained-and-divided-between-abilities **3. The Lack of Damage in Shaco's Kit and his levelling throughout the Game ** When we talk about Shaco and the lack of the damage in his kit, the best way to show it, is to compare him to other assassins because all of them do his job better and when he plays against them he usually won't stand a chance in a duel against them, unless extremely ahead. For example let's take Shaco's E, Two-Shiv Poison which is supposed to be an execute. (For this I will be using the data from the LoL wiki page) Minimum damage: 55 / 80 / 105 / 130 / 155 (+ 60 / 75 / 90 / 105 / 120% bonus AD) (+ 75% AP) Maximum damage: 82.5 / 120 / 157.5 / 195 / 232.5 (+ 90 / 112.5 / 135 / 157.5 / 180% bonus AD) (+ 112.5% AP) 0% − 50% (based on target's missing health). At level 1 this thing is not strong enough to kill the smallest krug, THE SMALLEST KRUG, it deals less than an autoattack and since Shaco usually has to put 2 or 3 points into his Q his E damage lacks heavily and it is barely usable, usually you will use it mostly for the slow and to ks a few kills if lucky due to how low this things damage is. Now see the last line 0% − 50% (based on target's missing health), yeah that one, to reach the max damage on his E, the execute, the combo finisher his target has to be at 0% HP, 0 PERCENT, this for an execute is ridiculous heck, the threshold should be 25% − 50% (based on target's missing health), that would make it worthy. Let's compare it to another ability for example Rengar's E: Damage: 55 / 100 / 145 / 190 / 235 (+ 80% bonus AD) Slow: 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90% Empowered Physical Damage: 50 − 305 (based on level) (+ 80% bonus AD) and it also roots Alright, so what we can see here is that, it slows the same amount as Shaco's E on level 5 just at level 1, scales better by being levelled up and it can do more damage wayyyy earlier than Shaco's at level 9 when Shaco's E is level 5 (let's assume that he decided to put 2 points into Q) his E on a full HP target would do 155 damage while Rengars one if Empowered and it usually would be to make sure the enemy can't escape (Rengar mains if I say something here wrong you are free to correct me, but I believe that you use this after the ult or when you don't have and/or are chasing someone) at level 9 Rengar's E does 152.5 damage, while Shaco's does 155, measly for an ability of an assassin when compared to what Rengar can offer a slow at first then a stun and then a kill, Shaco can only give 30% slow while autoattacking and barely doing any damage at that point since Shaco hasn't accumulated a lot of AD, since he relies on items like Duskblade's and Triforce's on hit procs to kill the enemy. Writing this took me a whole 2 hours and now I am exhausted, I would write about what I propose to be changed, but other higher ranked players which haven't barely passed the threshold to be considered high elo have talked about it in the linked posts, thanks for reading this and good luck in Solo Que. **Links to important parts of what I will be talking about:** List of Bugs and a List of Proposed Changes to Shaco by Desperate Shaco: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/VsV12H7a-shaco-is-in-dire-need-of-bug-fixes-and-changes List of Bugs and Videos to Accompany the former by Lexy123: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/bug-report/KKllaxb6-list-of-all-shaco-bugs-ranked-explained-and-divided-between-abilities For all the winrate and playrate slaves: https://www.reddit.com/r/shacomains/comments/cf6v6j/ive_done_a_pretty_cool_collage/ Highest ranked and most known Shaco players in the world discussing his current state(The players are ChaseShaco, Pinkward, ExtremePerson, Shaclone and Eagzey): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ_vocm7m2Y&t=3s Another podcast by other players with some that aren't Shaco mains so they show what could be done for Shaco from their perspective(The players are Desperate Shaco, Veigar v2, TKP Stefan, Mad Scientist, extreme person, Michey): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtcmcdZOme0
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel