I've found what will kill LOL

I truly believe that I have found what will finally kill LOL and please bare with me as I explain it. Recently I've gotten several friends (all of whom are gamers) to begin playing LOL (4 in total) and now not even a month later they have all called it quits. When I asked them why they didn't want to continue playing they all had a similar answer and it basically came down to the fact that the game wasn't fun and their main complaint was that everyone they seemed to play with was either extremely toxic or so far above there skill level that they essentially couldn't play the game. That leads me to my theory on what will finally kill LOL and that is that its own player base is going to cannibalize itself. After my friends chose to quit I created a smurf of my own (playing mainly low impact champions whilst trying to not unduly impact the game as to not destroy my mmr) to see what the experience of a new player is like and it is nothing short of hellish. The road of leveling your account is filled with learning road blocks by riot (summoner spells and runes) toxicity and smurfs. Based off of my friends experiences and my own I truly believe that LOL is going to continue to scare off people new to it and that will be the end of the game. I'm not sure what the fix to this would be though I am certain that the current attitude of sticking their head in the sand and ignoring the problem isn't going to work. The first step of fixing a problem is admitting that there is one and it's high time that riot (or tencent) face the fact that there is one.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel