@Meddler/Statikk: Fizz rework question

In the introductory post for the smaller assassin reworks a couple of weeks ago, Statikk posted this as part of the blurb about the Fizz changes: "We also want to give Fizz a bit more flexibility in the lane especially when he’s on the back foot and forced to just last hit minions." Now that the changes are on the PBE, can we get some clarification about what's meant here? After crunching the numbers, the damage Fizz deals to a single target is roughly the same as live in the best case scenario (full W proc and max range ult), but it seems his consistency went down the drain as the damage is loaded onto those two situational triggers. I'd hoped that this was to compensate for a stronger laning phase with more fallback patterns, but the new W reset basically just functions like the current W under tower, and Q applying the DoT to all minions it hits seems like it will see little use when you're being pressured by the enemy laner (but maybe helps with shove + roam a little). Is there something else coming down the pipe or are these changes more or less finalized? Unfortunately I don't have a PBE account so some of this is speculative -- I apologize.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel