* Make Heimer less oppressive against melee, which gives us room to buff him (specifically, reducing the amount of punishment melee champs take when being ambiently in range of turrets and tagged by the "pheromone" mechanic [Heimer's attacks and spells tag champions, which cause turrets to automatically target them]).
* Increase Heimer's viability in midlane.
* Buff underperforming R options, so that RQ is not always correct.
* Heimer has historically been a tough champion to just buff in isolation because of his tendency to ambiently destroy melee matchups.
* When he is strong, usually results in non-interactive lanes by pushing them in constantly.
* Attempting to absorb the general counterplay of "dodge spells" into the turret gameplay and subsequently be able to make them stronger.
* We know that Heimer players enjoy playing him for the turrets and so, we are trying to find a way to make the turrets have better gameplay without isolating Heimerdinger players.
* Heimer is generally more performant the lower MMR you go (or worse the higher you go), meaning that when Heimer is "viable" in higher MMR's, he will usually be absolutely destroying lower MMR.
* In this sense, it is desirable to inject some skill into his kit to allow him to be more viable in higher MMR without breaking lower MMR.
* HP Regen: 2.2 (+0.35) >>> 1.4 (+0.11)
* *With new passive, doesn't need abnormally high HP regen.*
**Passive: Hextech Affinity (P)**
* Moves 20% faster around turrets (SR turrets and his own turrets) - 300 range.
* *Gives him a reason to play and maneuver around turrets apart from damage.*
* Base Damage: 12 / 18 / 24 / 30 / 36 (+0.15) >>> 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 18 (+0.3)
* *This is a large nerf and significantly hampers early game ambient turret damage in laning phase, but builds back up in mid game*
* Cooldown: 24 - 20 >>> 20
* Turrets can hold: 1 / 2 / 2 / 3 / 3 >>> 3
* Beam attack time to charge: 16 >>> 50
* *Greater emphasis on landing spells to have your turrets perform (in laning phase), rather than autonomously destroying people*
* Mana bar (for beam attack) changed from blue to white (instead of having a blue bar on top of another blue bar).
* Mana Cost: 70 - 110 >>> 50 - 90
* Cooldown: 11 >>> 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 / 7
* Each rocket hit on champions charges 20% of each nearby turret's beam attack.
* Grenade hitbox: 210 >>> 250 (stun hitbox stays the same)
* Cooldown: 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 >>> 12
* *Make it less punishing to fish for E's in lane*
* A successful E hit on a champion charges all nearby turrets to full beam charge.
**General thoughts on R Spells**
**Big Turret (RQ)**
* Given that RQ doesn't consume a cooldown, this is likely to be used in a lot of cases. Didn't feel impetus to change it (was exploring some iterations where it was used as a sieging tool (attacks slowly, but has high range and low in-combat value to nuke down turrets).
**Big Rockets (RW)**
* Still feel like this spell is usable on follow up CC and sometimes off a grenade stun hit, but didn't feel comfortable increasing its damage.
**Big Grenade (RE)**
* Base Damage: 150 / 200 / 250 >>> 150 / 250 / 350
* AP Ratio: 60% >>> 90%
** RE on live is usable, but given that it consumes your E cooldown, it COULD be more powerful.
Would say candid feedback is most helpful. Want to see which things people like/don't like.