I just haven't seen a lot of "ADCS ARE BROKEN" threads lately. Here are two sides to the argument.
1. it feels like shit to have your entire team melted by a brain dead ADC right-clicking and FLASHING WHICH TAKES SO MUCH SKILL
2. It also feels pretty shit as an ADC to get instantly deleted by a zed hiding in your jungle bush, dark harvest shaco, Kass ult combo who stacked his ult with no problem thanks to presence of mind. Or those moments when a tank/bruiser kills you and you as an ADC feel like they are tankier yet somehow does more damage to you than you do to them.
Here are some recent changes that directly or indirectly nerfed the ADC class in no order whatsoever:
- The nerf to the rapid fire cannon, stattik shiv
- AP Item changes (Morellos doing flat magic pen + reduce healing, while other AP items like Rylai's were straight up buffed)
- Duskblade User buffs (buffing AD ratios for compensation for some damage reduction on duskblade proc)
- Ninja Tabi Nerf (reducing flat armor is terrible for ADCs while the 2% extra damage reduction for autos doesn't mean much) - In an assassin's POV, this is like having 10 extra Lethality against an ADC with the previous Ninja Tabi.
- Introduction of Conqueror rune (I feel like this is a pretty nice rune since ADCs can't really abuse it while it's more efficient for Bruisers/slayers/juggernauts whatever that class is)
- Fleet footwork Nerf (Makes laning phase for late game hyper carries harder- this typically makes ADCs slightly lower health in laning phase which allows mid, jg to secure ganks more often) Makes ADCs slightly more vulnerable early game.
- Reducing immediate health benefits for second resolve tree
- Aftershock brought back more engage supports (team oriented) into the meta and allowed them to compete with the shield/heal slave supports (protecting ADC oriented)
- There is probably more but I can't remember.
What do you guys think honestly? My opinion is that ADCS are still the strongest class, but are in a pretty good spot right now. Maybe a bit more nerfs would suffice but too much will revive the "ADC in 2017" Meme. (would be 2018)