Why I think Sett is going to meta as an AD rather than a Juggernaut.

Okay. I didn't PBE Sett, but I've played him a bit tonight, and here's what I think: He's basically got everything that {{champion:77}} lost (Along with some really strong abilities... gated behind one disadvantage: #Mobility. -Every part of his kit has pretty significant AD scaling, rather than base rates of increase. This leaves a heavy incentive to build AD, if possible. -On hit items heavily play into the double tap and juking hard CC. -Unlike Shyvana's Q, Sett's Q and Left/Right Hook do not actually have negative scaling on damage at low tiers or high tiers of investment. -Mobility items like {{item:3142}} {{item:3046}} {{item:3078}} do a REALLY good job of compensating his move speed issue, and lance into his kit REALLY well..... granting significant sheen procs, Lethality, and even more shield options (You can make him almost invincible to the jungle by taking Overheal + his W as well) -Mobility items also offer peel, which gives more sustain that a dive juggernaut. #-Crit items actually are a dream for his kit. He has no drawbacks to his 1-2 Punch. It's full damage, AND can crit, AND the second hit has crit-enabled second hit damage. **I've taken a Crit/Triforce Udyr build and had some almost 3k 1-2 punches!** Furthermore (and here's the part Riot might be able to fix): Sett's W True damage registers as a CRIT. In other words, because of the {{item:3031}} added mechanic in Season 8 to allow crits /True damage to heal, his W's 230 True damage to 5 champions at once can actually HEAL him. One of the scariest builds I'm looking at right now is something like {{item:1413}} /{{item:1412}} + {{item:3078}} {{item:3046}} {{item:3031}} {{item:3181}} Makes for an insanely strong duelist who can solo Baron at full HP . But more importantly: #-His combat can be adapted per game to items. In other words, {{item:3091}} {{item:3142}} {{item:3748}} {{item:3053}} {{item:3095}} {{item:3800}} {{item:3025}} {{item:3022}} can also be tossed in as well without much detriment to his build. ------------------ I'm not saying he won't have viable tanky builds. I'm suggesting for fast Juke, and both high elo and low elo, it seems like his meta direction is to build AD, not Armor.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel