A new interesting and fitting passive for Talon

First thing I'd like to say is that a part of the suggestion's concept for the new passive comes from the player [StormWraith7](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/player/NA/StormWraith7) so a big thank you to him for making the original idea much better! You might have heard about it in the past, but here it is; **New Passive**: Talon gains stealth for 1.75 seconds upon killing a enemy champion. The stealth duration is reduced by 0.25 second for every assist on the enemy champion, down to a minimum of 1 second. The main goal in changing the passive is to make it more interesting. The current one is dull and while it does help his assassination potential (especially in later stages of games), I never felt like his passive was key to his damage potential. Also, Talon doesn't have any security after killing an enemy. Most other assassins either have a "I'm out of here because I screwed up" ability {{champion:238}} {{champion:7}} , a low cooldown dash/blink/jump {{champion:105}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:64}} {{champion:55}} or mobility reset {{champion:121}} {{champion:55}}. Some even have an innate shield {{champion:131}} {{champion:245}}. Now before you guys start thinking that I'm blaming those assassin champions for having those defensive tool, I want to reassure you that is not my point. I do understand that those defensive tools (escapes/shields/etc) are part of what makes those champion working and balanced. They would never have close to 50% win rate without it, and it would break their identity if it is removed. My point is that I don't think it is fair for Talon to be the only one (or one of the only one) to be a squishy assassin with no defensive tools AND no way of getting out. The only security he owns is the invisibility attached to his ult and it's a shame when you need to use it defensively. So with the arrival of the new assassin item, we can guess Talon might have an even easier time blowing up squishies. At this point, if it happens, his damage potential will be unbalanced (since his combo offers little to no counter-play for the enemy, even with the silence removed). For Riot, it will be the PERFECT time to finally change his passive. Change it from something offensive (damage amplification on CC'ed targets) to a little bit of security as a reward for killing an enemy (the new passive). Additional notes: - Suggestions for a new name: Shadow Devotion/Shadow Affinity/Assassination's Cloak - The proposed numbers can be tweaked, for instance, if 1.5 seconds down to a minimum of 0.75 second seems more balanced, then why not. - This new passive would fit his lore much more than the current one. - The invisibility from the ult > the one from the passive. In other words, if Talon kills an enemy with the first tick of his ult, with or without assist(s), the invisibility from the ult takes over since it's longer in any case (2.5 seconds). The 2 invisibilities don't stack.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel