Half of this game's balance problems are because of damage creep.
* Teamfights don't last more than one rotation.
* Assassins build tanky because it doesn't take much damage to kill.
* Assassins build tanky because otherwise they die in two spells.
* Hell, even mages need HP on every one of their items to not melt.
* Game is snowbally because a slight item advantage means huge kill potential.
* Real tanks are squishier than they've ever been.
* A mis-step at level 6 means 100-0.
Gut all damage. Then fights last enough for players to display their skill, fighters and assassins go back to building damage, tanks go back to tanking properly, the game stops being so incredibly punishing, and slight item advantages don't mean you get slaughtered.