Quick Cassiopeia update re: pbe and 4.21

***note***: copying this here because the Cassio thread got lost Hey guys, sorry I've been afk for so long! I've been waiting to get some PBE feedback. I'm finally able to make that happen now that 4.20 launched, so let's get to it =D I think we had some amazing conversations in that last thread thread. We're keeping the changes to a medium scope for this patch, but I think we've gone a long way in the right direction. I know there are still many concerns, but let's let this shake out on live for a bit and see where she ends up, then revisit the conversation. Our thinking for this current changelist is * Bring back poison as a core part of Cassiopeia's damage profile * Curb the overly exaggerated hyper carry curve so that she can function early game * A few different things are happening here, like adding straight damage to her early game with the Twin Fang debuff, increasing Twin Fang's ratio early game, and increasing Q's movement speed boost early game. We're also bringing down her late game a touch with some of these changes, but her DPS should still be off the charts. Looking further into the future, hopes are to turn *Aspect of the Serpent* bonuses into more exciting, lateral-power points instead of super direct boosts to power which make it feel as if Cassiopeia can't be strong until 30 minutes into the game. There was some pretty serious brainstorming towards this end, and it was a huge help for thinking about where we could take the passive, and that was super awesome. However, for now, here's what you can expect for 4.21: * **Aspect of the Serpent** * No longer stacks on poisoned unit kill or on Twin Fang casts on enemy champions. * Now, stacks once every 6 seconds (10 times per minute) and for every second that an enemy champion is poisoned. * Stack breakpoints adjusted to 100 / 250 / 500. Overall, these are hit sooner than the old 75/200/400 based on the new mechanics, but are definitely still up for discussion. * **Noxious Blast** * Delay changed to actually function as intended (previously hitting between 0.25 and 0.5s). Now has a 0.4s delay. * With the reliability changes, it was a bit *too* reliable, so we set the delay at 0.4. * Movement speed buff changed to a flat 20% (from 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30%). * **Twin Fang** * Mana cost changed to 35 / 45 / 55 / 65 / 75 (from 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90) * ** Now adds a debuff on the target which amplifies further poison damage by 25% for 5 seconds, stacks up to 2 times (50%). ** * Ratio changed to 0.55 (from 0.4/0.45/0.5/0.55/0.6) * Since we're adding damage elsewhere on the kit (mostly through this debuff), we decided to take a bit out of Twin Fang's late game. Cheers!
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel