About Gameplay+: Approval Process, Guidelines, and Etiquette
Welcome to Gameplay+, the newest way to discuss the game on the Boards. If you're new to Gameplay+, you may notice some differences between this sub-board and most other sub-boards. Don't worry, though; we'll go through these core features and differences, and also address what Gameplay+ is all about.
Gameplay+ holds a number of notable differences from the rest of the Boards. These include:
- New threads require approval before appearing on the Boards
- Boards volunteers will manually review new threads.
- Threads that do not adhere to the sub-board guidelines will be removed, and a notification will be sent to your Boards inbox regarding the removal.
- Downvoting has been disabled
- Due to the thread review process, downvotes will be disabled.
- Downvotes are, arguably, intended to filter out content that doesn't foster meaningful discussion; however, the approval process will serve this purpose instead, removing the need for downvotes.
Some of you have probably noticed some success that we’ve had on heavily moderated threads in the past year or so. These threads have provided an interesting window to how the community responds to more discussion-focused threads with increased moderator presence. That response has been extremely positive, and we’d like to take the next step to continue this success by making an entirely new sub-board for these curated discussions. So let’s talk about Gameplay+.
The goal of this new board is to give the community a place to dig deep into topics like gameplay, balance, and design, and that requires posts and comments that show a genuine attempt at meaningful, respectful, and informed discussion. As part of this process topics posted on Gameplay+ will be subject to a Moderator approval process before they are visible to the community. This will help ensure that every conversation on Gameplay+ starts out with a genuine attempt at sparking a good, strong discussion. Comments will not need to go through this approval process, but will be subject to moderation with these same guidelines in mind.
We want threads and comments on Gamplay+ to be consistently high-quality and full of good discussion and polite interactions. To help facilitate this goal, we will be especially strict in moderation of comments that do not adhere to the Universal Rules, so please be respectful to others on this sub-board, even if you may disagree with their analysis or their viewpoint!
- Posts must have a clear and specific title that provides an introduction to the topic of the thread. Titles that are insufficiently clear may be altered by moderation prior to post approval if the post is otherwise satisfactory.
- Posts must provide a thoughtful analysis or other meaningful starting point for discussion. Data should be cited where possible, and hyperbole is not appropriate. Do not let your passion about some aspect of the game cloud your ability to present your views, and do not let your views get in the way of having a respectful discussion.
- Posts must offer a direction for conversation that is not shared with other recent or active posts. If you wish to partake in a discussion already ongoing, do so in the thread for that discussion.
- Posts must genuinely invite discussion, even if others take another viewpoint or support another side of an argument.
Ready to post your thoughts in Gameplay+?
Otherwise, check out the latest threads here: Gameplay+