I don't understand Riot's response to Game Modes?

> XENOGENIC Game Design Lead > Q: Why can’t we play custom games of URF and the other game modes? > A: We’ve talked before about the type of work that goes into keeping rotating game modes functional: Things like new and updated champs, abilities, items, runes, and skins don’t always play nice with modes. Changes or refactors to the game’s underlying code—like how damage is recorded or how textures are loaded into game—can be even more problematic, as the rapid development cycle of RGMs often means we’re building them with duct tape and bubble gum. Back when we were releasing modes more frequently, this type of upkeep work took about half of the Modes team’s total time. Now it makes sense when you read it right? But what I don't understand is how can Games like Smite [Match of the Day](https://motd.today/) and HoTs [Heroes Brawl ](https://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Heroes_Brawl)& [Sandbox Custom Games](https://heroesofthestorm.fandom.com/wiki/Sandbox_Custom_Game)) when they have a much smaller following, both have new Gods/Heroes being devolved and brought into the game yet it doesn't effect their game modes? And yet Riot can pump out a brand new game (TFT) and have it become a staple? These game modes bring life back into this game that is becoming stale, I don't play Ranked, I don't play Normals, I only play ARAM why? because I don't have to waste 25min - 45min for one game, or have to deal with the slow pace of Summoners Rift I just don't enjoy it as much as a used to and don't have as much time as I did back when I was a teen. These game modes gave me the thrill of actually playing again every time a new one was released I played it and played it and played it, and due to their usually short game times I was able to get a ton of games in that I would not normally! I still find myself going back and playing Smite when my favorite gamemode is up and even when its over I tend to stay about a month and continue to play (and spend money on skins unfortunately lol). I would like an honest answer and not some PR comment from Riot. Look we get it TFT makes money with Little Legends and you are a business that's completely understandable, but its starting to feel more like they care more about the Whales then the whole playerbase, and that is unfortunate. Y'all are one of the biggest gaming companies so I don't believe it when you say " this type of upkeep work took about half of the Modes team’s total time.", hire more people get fans back into LoL that have left due to it becoming stale and now only watch Twitch streamers, or Youtube videos. And if you want to make money off of it sell some URF/One for All/etc exclusive icons/emotes/little legends (imagine a URF little legend), sell a Featured Game Mode Battlepass, if you really want to make some $$$ off of it.
Best New

We're testing a new feature that gives the option to view discussion comments in chronological order. Some testers have pointed out situations in which they feel a linear view could be helpful, so we'd like see how you guys make use of it.

Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel