When will Riot do something about Shaco ?

Hi there, I'm Kobune. Do you know this champion {{champion:35}} ? This champion is called **Shaco** and used to be an **assassin**. Yes, I said "**used to be**". Why? Because right now he doesn't feel like he is an actual assassin. He actually feels like... He is nothing. The reason behind this is simple: an unjustified "rework" on the assassin patch, direct and indirect nerfs without compensations. Shaco before that "rework" was a **meta-breaker champion**, he always was good without being overpowered. Now I will explain why I've wrote "rework" in quotes. That "rework" consisted in a global nerf of Shaco. Since my post concerns the actual Shaco we will compare Shaco's Abilities before the "rework" to Shaco's Actual Abilities: - ** Old Passive** : Shaco deals 20% bonus damage when striking an enemy from behind with his basic attacks or Two-Shiv Poison. - **New Passive** : Basic attacking an enemy from behind critically strikes for 30% (+ Infinity Edge 25%) (+ 25% AD) (+ 40% AP) Attack damage bonus physical damage, increased to 100% (+ Infinity Edge 25%) (+ 25% AD) (+ 40% AP) against monsters. Cooldown: 3 seconds per unit. What is the problem? It looks like a buff at first, but it actually is a nerf because you can't make use of the New Passive as often as the old one because it has a **3 seconds cooldown** per unit. - **Old Q** : Shaco instantly blinks to the target location and stealths for up to 3.5 seconds, also causing his next basic attack within 6 seconds to critically strike for bonus critical damage (140 / 160 / 180 / 200 / 220%). Cooldown: 14 seconds - **New Q** : After a 0.125s delay, Shaco blinks to the target location, temporarily becoming invisible for (1.5 / 2.25 / 3 / 3.75 / 4.5s). After exiting invisibility, his next basic attack within 0.25 seconds deals (10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50) (+40% AD) (+30% AP) bonus physical damage and reduces Deceive's Cooldown reduction icon cooldown by 2.5 seconds. Cooldown: 16 / 15.5 / 15 / 14.5 / 14s What is the problem? Actually there are a lot of problems. First it is a too heavy nerf to Shaco's early game because of the short invisibility duration but also because of the base damages of the spell "(10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50)" it is really a joke, it is so low it feels like it doesn't even count because of the base armor of the champions, and because of the really short invisibility duration early, you can't even have the time to reach the enemy and apply them! Also, the AD ratio is insanely low for a champion relying on his Q and his basic attacks to deal damages since his E is supposed to be an execute. Then, the Smoke from his Q spell is visible to both teams through the fog of war, so the enemies run away instantly after seeing it so there isn't any surprise when you gank unlike Twitch or Evelynn on early game. What is actually correct? The cooldown may look longer but I believe it is actually correct since we now buy Duskblade, Trinity Force / Youmuu's on Shaco and it gives him cooldown reduction compared to the Infinity Edge & Statikk build he used to go, even though I believe it would be nice to reduce it of 0.5s. - **New W** : Now instantly die to turret shots, and lose a minimum of 1/3rd of their health from champion basic attacks and not stackable anymore. What is the problem? Boxes are helpful only when you clear the jungle and sometimes when you gank, they become useless in late because they die too fast and often get killed on accident by AoE spells. - **Old E** : Passive: While Two-Shiv Poison is not on cooldown, Shaco's basic attacks poison his targets, slowing them for 2 seconds (10/ 15 /20 / 25 / 30%) and reducing the attack speed of minions and monsters (20 / 22.5 / 25 / 27.5 / 30%). Active: Shaco throws a dagger at the target enemy, dealing (50 / 90 / 130 / 170 / 210) (+ 100% AP) (+ 100% bonus AD) magic damage and slowing them for 3 seconds. - **New E**: Passive: Shaco's basic attacks slow enemies for 2 seconds (20 / 22.5 / 25 / 27.5 / 30%) while Two-Shiv Poison is off cooldown. Active: Shaco throws a dagger at the target enemy, slowing them for 3 seconds and dealing (55 / 80 / 105 / 130 / 155) (+ 60 / 75 / 90 / 105 / 120% bonus AD) (+ 75% AP) physical damage, increased by 0% āˆ’ 50% (based on target's missing health). What is the problem? Just looking at the numbers we can see it is a nerf and also because of bonus AD damages scaling from 60 to 120% bonus AD depending on how much points we have in it, and since we have to put 3 points in the Q spell to make ganks possible it makes it an even harder nerf. Then, damages became AD making it not feel like an execute as it should be. Also, the max damage is reached when the enemy has 100% missing health, why would you do that? - **New R** : Clone explosion base damage reduced to 200 / 300 / 400 from 300 / 450 / 600 and now creates a nest of Jack-in-the-Boxes upon death. These boxes activate together, and receive damage together. What is the problem? Same as W, most of the time useless because they die too fast and often get killed on accident by AoE spells Shaco also suffered from direct and indirect nerfs, here are the indirect ones without any compensation: - Duskblade nerf - Ignite nerf - Dark Harvest nerf - Electrocute nerf But also the jungle XP nerf, supposed to make junglers gank less, but it did exactly the opposite (10/10 balance team), we just need to look at the Top 3 actual junglers: Rek'Sai, Lee Sin, Jarvan IV. Why a ~~so stupid~~ nerf to the jungle and not a nerf to the champions being too strong as you did with Camille? Now I will try to help on fixing Shaco because I and for sure, people who like Shaco don't want a rework, here is what could help him: **Q**: Make invisibility longer on first levels and nerf it on late (or make it a fixed duration like before) and buff base damages / AD ratio Why? Because we saw Shaco lacks of damages, especially on his Q and can't do anything early game. **W**: Increase boxes health depending on level points on the spell. Why? So they can have a purpose in the late game. **E**: Make a fixed AD ratio, change or remove the increased damages on missing health (you can make the passive work with it), and turn the damages back to AP. Why? Because it lacks damages and making it AP will make it feel more like an execute, it will benefits AD and AP Shaco (if there are any alive). **R**: Same as W, increase boxes health depending on level points on the spell. Why? So they can have a purpose in the late game. Q&A: Q: Shaco is actually good why would we make him better? Look at his winrate! A: Winrate doesn't mean everything, there is only a small amount of people (one tricks) who can play him, even pros can't: click here. Q: Shaco is cancerous why would we make him good? A: Zoe. Q: Shaco has no counterplay why would we make him good? A: Oracle Lens, Cloth Armor, Stopwatch, Chain Vest, Bramble Vest, Warden's Mail, Ninja Tabi, Seeker's Armguard, Knight's Vow, Locket of the Iron Solari, Zeke's Convergence, Gargoyle Stoneplate, Phantom Dancer, Ohmwrecker, Righteous Glory, Iceborn Gauntlet, Frozen Heart, Zz'Rot Portal, Sunfire Cape, Guardian Angel, Thornmail, Randuin's Omen, Zhonya's Hourglass, Dead Man's Plate, Dashes, Shields, Heals, Stuns, Well Placed Trinkets and Control Wards, Players with Eyes to see the Smoke, Players with Brains. Thanks for reading, I hope I will get an answer, sorry if I did any mistakes, ask me if you didn't understand something, english isn't my native langage. ā€” Kobune. PS: I actually forgot to choose where to post after finishing to write and check if everything was alright so if a moderator could send this to the right place (and answer this post if possible) it would be nice :)
Best New

We're testing a new feature that gives the option to view discussion comments in chronological order. Some testers have pointed out situations in which they feel a linear view could be helpful, so we'd like see how you guys make use of it.

Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel