Unpopular Opinion Regarding Orange Essence Changes

To all you people who are demanding that Riot revert the orange essence changes: are you fkin 5 years old? Riot is literally giving you free stuff. Yes, you can argue that the aim here is to get people more invested in the game via a tangible reward system because people spend money when they are more invested, but at the end of the day, YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEND MONEY, so this stuff is literally free. And here you all are, complaining about how the free content ISN'T FREE ENOUGH. Think about that for a moment please. Riot has clearly decided that microtransactions aren't turning enough of a profit for them, so they've limited the amount of free stuff they give us. That's it. That's all that's happened. They are not taking away content. They are not forcing you to spend more on the game. They are just trying to make more money on content that is (and I can't stress this enough) PURELY COSMETIC. And just to get out ahead of anyone who might play the "but I already had bunch of skin shards/hextech chests/event boxes that I was saving", well let me remind you that Riot literally had an in-client notification recommending that we disenchant any and all shards that we didn't plan on upgrading before the essence conversions changed. They literally warned you about this, and you chose not to act. That's on you. Now my final point: >To make up for essence drop rate changes, we'll tune the way loot boxes work to increase the amount of skins you'll get from them. We'll also add "bad luck protection," so you won't ever go on long streaks without getting a skin shard or a gemstone from chests. Here's the link to the article: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012640908 Stop. Fucking. Whining. Riot is giving you stuff. They absolutely don't have to, and they probably still lose money even after the essence conversion changes. Be grateful or be silent.
Best New

We're testing a new feature that gives the option to view discussion comments in chronological order. Some testers have pointed out situations in which they feel a linear view could be helpful, so we'd like see how you guys make use of it.

Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel