Clearing up confusion on if what Riot did was Sexist or not.

Sexist - relating to or characterized by prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination based on a person's gender Discrimination - the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex. What Riot did was in fact both Sexist and Discrimination. A little background about myself, i grew up in an predominantly black neighborhood and as a black person have experienced a lot of discrimination and marginalization. The problem with what Riot did at Pax is they tried to promote more women by demoting men. That is 100% what they did when they excluded one group of people in favor of another. If they really wanted to promote a fair and healthy environment they should of done it through inclusion not exclusion. Having the minority group mingle with the majority is how you get rid of discrimination. Segregation however is not accomplishing anything but alienating one group of people in favor of another. Last point i want to touch on, regardless of how you feel about "your community" you have an obligation to not only yourself but your company and customers to treat them with respect even if you disagree with their views. When you don't you are Disrespecting you own brand, disrespecting yourself, and most of all disrespecting the whole genre. To call me a "man baby" because i want equal opportunity for all and done so in a way that was inclusive is immature and childish, this is just unprofessional on so many levels.
Best New

We're testing a new feature that gives the option to view discussion comments in chronological order. Some testers have pointed out situations in which they feel a linear view could be helpful, so we'd like see how you guys make use of it.

Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel