I'm looking for a design term about the hidden information a player has to remember in video games.

For things like cooldowns, camp respawns, wave management, jungle pathing, vision range ... For a lot of these things, Riot has been adding features to reduce the amount of information the player has to remember or eased the way they can track it, mostly through pings and the HUD, but there was a term they used to describe it when they first started making those changes. It also came up in the discussions about third-party assistance programs and players being flagged and banned for using them. Something about mental allocation, I think? Or memory cost? There might have even been an Extra Credits video on it, but I can't find it through Google at the moment and it's giving me a headache.
Best New

We're testing a new feature that gives the option to view discussion comments in chronological order. Some testers have pointed out situations in which they feel a linear view could be helpful, so we'd like see how you guys make use of it.

Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel