It's been a while since we updated the **Universal Board Rules**, and I know that there's some frustration with moderation from a portion of our community. While that's always going to be true (can't please everyone all the time), I'd like to chat a bit and get some input on a few topics. ***Please note that this is just me reaching out and checking in on my own, so I can't promise any specific result or changes***, but I will be bringing any useful feedback to the rest of the team.
* What rules are unclear?
* What rules feel too restrictive, and what do we lose as a board community by having those rules be too restrictive?
* What rules feel too open, and what do we lose as a board community by having those rules not restrictive enough?
* What rules feel unreliably enforced?
* What sort of problematic content do you feel the rules miss?
* How can we better communicate with the community?
* Is there anything else you'd like to let us know or suggest to us that could improve the boards?
A few requests that will keep this productive and let me actually get useful stuff out of this conversation:
* Keep it civil.
* Understand that some rules (like the rules against hate speech, pejorative language, or flat-out insulting/belittling other players) are not going to change significantly, although we're happy to consider clarifying them if they're unclear and we can find a good way to do so.
* Avoid attacks on individuals. I know some of you are frustrated with some or all of the moderation team and/or Riot, but I'll be honest -- if your post is attacking me or the team or Riot instead of offering civil critique/comments/suggestions, I'm just going to skip over it. *By all means provide criticism if you have it, even if it's a bit harsh*. Just be civil and respectful even in your harsh critique.
Looking forward to hearing from you all.