Riot's idea of playing with ranked.

So here I am, happily grinding ranked, woah, I'm winning. A lot. I went from gold 3 to plat 1 in 3 days. Climb a little more. Okay okay good, maybe we'll get plat 2 by the end of the season. Gets one unlucky game, okayy, sure, happens, two... Er aight man stuffs unlucky. Third game damn that sucks... game 5... Holy fRiCk what's going on here? This isn't normal, whatever, I'm playing well It has to end soon. 20 or so games later, in 90% of which I played completely well, or fine. I realize this. This happens to everyone. Everyone gets a hot streak, then out of a stroke of "bad luck", people fall. So hard. Flat on their faces. MMR tanks. And what do people do when they lose? They want to play more. They have to re gain what they've lost. Don't get me wrong, if you're diamond and playing in bronze, you'll climb. Hell, I'd 1v5 every game. But when you're in a rank, close to where you belong, maybe a division apart, why would riot not make you lose? Why not give you a rotten egg. Hear me out If you feel progress, and suddenly it's taken away, you work twice as hard to earn it, if not more. It's human nature. It's psychology, it's how our brains work. This greatly could be twisted in one of the most popular games in the world, to make it addictive. It's the IF factor and frustration that makes this game worse than crack. IF i could be diamond. IF i can gain back this LP. IF i get a good team. No, I can't just stop playing... I'm behind where i started, one more, one more, one more. Riot has the tools to detect people who are losing and have tanking mmr. Why not shove them into one game, make them lose (Even if it's two or 3 players, and the others are doing okay). This makes them lose a majority of the time. Why wouldn't this be beneficial for the company? Why wouldn't they implement this, if it was hidden and careful enough, only the company wins. More play time. Less balance. More beautiful skins that we all need. This game is completely different than what it was a few years ago. The balance lacks. The matchmaking feels more and more off every single season. Die hard players, like me, who have well over 5.5K hours in this game, can feel it. High elo players feel it, masters and diamonds. Last point, youtubers who climb easily. This is what people like to watch, this is content. Sure, they don't always win, by all means they have loss streaks too, but not like this. They're literally linked to a partnership program. Riot knows who makes them content, and what the people like, so why not help them win a bit more? Give others hope they'll be that good one day. Glory, fame, and status above their friends. They're influences for the community, it's the face of the company. This is coming from someone who has an insane passion for this game... I love this game and it's helped me with a lot of stuff in my life, for the past 5 years. It just feels off, it's not the same as it was... Either I'm the most unlucky player in the world. I've never been this "Unlucky". Games this season are onesided. Everyone knows. And this just makes sense to me. The last time I made a post like this it was removed. I got it on stream, sure, it could belong in the rant sub board, but it was about ranked, and mmr, and the actual balance of the game. Take it as you will, I love this game, but it feels off. Let me know what you think, maybe I'm just giga tilted. And yes I demoted to gold. Links: https://clips.twitch.tv/ToughFreezingCasetteOMGScoots https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Accenix
Best New

We're testing a new feature that gives the option to view discussion comments in chronological order. Some testers have pointed out situations in which they feel a linear view could be helpful, so we'd like see how you guys make use of it.

Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel